Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
7 years ago  ::  Oct 27, 2007 - 9:28AM #1
juliannaP
asl1290,

That is so funny!...:0)

Thanks to both of you.  I figured it out...lol.

julianna
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 26, 2007 - 9:37PM #2
juliannaP
How do you accept friends on your personal page?

julianna
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 26, 2007 - 10:30PM #3
goodtobehome
I only had one so far, but I think I went to my home page, and there was a link telling me I had a request.  I clicked that link, and it took me to a page to approve it.  But again, haven't tried it but the once!
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 27, 2007 - 2:32AM #4
asl1290
You have to go to your profile on the my home tab above.  Then click where it says new friend requests and accept them. 

I think.  Does anyone else feel like a middle school student being picked to play kickball when you recieve a request to be someones friend? 

:)
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 27, 2007 - 9:48AM #5
goodtobehome
True, asl, I know what you mean.  We are a little old for the 'myspace' thing of collect as many friends are possible.

Asl, how are the problems with the fires shaping up, is it getting better? 

I am missing KeepNHope, I am thinking his computer is still playing up, but I have no idea what area he is from.

Also, I know you said CA is your state, but I had a dear elder and his wife move to Monterrey some years back.  Are you anywhere near that area?  He was a person known for sharing smart, practical 'nuggets' of wisdom.  I really missed them when they moved. 

hugs

gtbh
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 27, 2007 - 11:00AM #6
Di_K

asl1290 wrote:

You have to go to your profile on the my home tab above. Then click where it says new friend requests and accept them.

I think. Does anyone else feel like a middle school student being picked to play kickball when you recieve a request to be someones friend?

:)

Hey there buddy! You keep it up and I will unfriend you. J/K.:D

It is a rather weird process, I agree. I extended invitations for "friends" only to the members of my larger family, just to symbolize the world-wide connections we have. I sat back and thought that if my brothers and sisters were my family, than in a venue such as this, I'd make 'em friends, rather than a "collectable".

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 27, 2007 - 12:09PM #7
goodtobehome
Yes.. but you can easily GET requests from persons you may not consider ' family.'  Funny process! 

One advantage this inbox thing instead of the old 'email' dependent system, if you are unsure of whether you trust someone, your identity is somewhat masked in the inbox.  All of my emails go out with my real name attached.  So there is a measure of 'stalker protection' in having an inbox instead of the old system.

I am old enough I don't consider myself stalker bait.. but still.  Kinda like Crankshaft one day last week, he helped an old lady pick up the contents of her purse, and poined out that at her age, maybe she could quit carrying the mace!
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 27, 2007 - 2:52PM #8
Di_K

goodtobehome wrote:

Yes.. but you can easily GET requests from persons you may not consider ' family.' Funny process!

And those requests can simply be ignored.

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 27, 2007 - 4:45PM #9
marken
Friend is such a beautiful word.  To me, it means that I feel friendly toward that person and they feel friendly toward me.  I know the bible shows us that the greatest friends we can have are Jehovah and Jesus.   I know they accept my friendship if I draw close to them by keeping the commandments given to Christians.  The bible speaks of the worldwide brotherhood, so I feel that all of them are my friends.  Of course, the bible does tell us that friendship with the world makes us an enemy of God, so I am grateful when anyone points out to me that I am becoming a friend of the world by my attitudes, words, or actions.  I also know that God loves the world of mankind, so that is not the world he doesn't want me to be part of it I want to be his friend.  Jesus bought all of mankind, so if they want to talk about his teachings and his ways, then to me that makes them friendly.  If they want to say bitter things about those I love, then it makes me feel unfriendly.  To me, bitterness is part of the attitudes of this world that I want to eliminate from my personality.  I have had many stages of growth in my life.   They are all memories now.  I try not to be bitter about any experience of the past.  They have all made me into the person I am today.   My friends of the past have aided me a great deal as I know my present friends and future friends will also aid me.
with affection from Marken
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 27, 2007 - 12:09PM #10
goodtobehome
Yes.. but you can easily GET requests from persons you may not consider ' family.'  Funny process! 

One advantage this inbox thing instead of the old 'email' dependent system, if you are unsure of whether you trust someone, your identity is somewhat masked in the inbox.  All of my emails go out with my real name attached.  So there is a measure of 'stalker protection' in having an inbox instead of the old system.

I am old enough I don't consider myself stalker bait.. but still.  Kinda like Crankshaft one day last week, he helped an old lady pick up the contents of her purse, and poined out that at her age, maybe she could quit carrying the mace!
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook