Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2
7 years ago  ::  Nov 05, 2007 - 7:44PM #11
bytebear

Me]yer right wrote:

yer right; profane, meanspirited, and immature. reminds me of what they did to me at Mormon Apologetics and Discussion, locked my thread, deleted my appeal thread, deleted my account to question why I'm being censored 3 times.

I read through your post on the other site, and I didn't find anything profane, mean spirited or immature by any of the posters.  Are you sure this is the right link?

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Nov 05, 2007 - 11:08PM #12
moksha8088

bytebear wrote:

I read through your post on the other site, and I didn't find anything profane, mean spirited or immature by any of the posters. Are you sure this is the right link?

I was banned by MAD before for unauthorized use of comedy in a no humor zone. 
They may well relent after a while in MeAA's case - who knows?

Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Nov 06, 2007 - 9:00AM #13
Ironhold
Me-

In case you aren't aware, FSTDT has been plagued by a rather crude poster known as BigChrisFilm; in his drug-addled brain, he somehow got the notion that he's superior to everyone on the site even though he hasn't read the entire Bible yet.

One of Chris' primary tactics was something known as "quote-spamming." This is where a person copies and pastes text from somewhere else - often entire articles at once - without commenting upon them, as if their simply copying and pasting dozens of pieces of text will somehow win their argument for them.

Had Genny tried her little Journal of Discourses bit over there, she'd have been pounced on as a possible troll due entirely to Chris and some of his buddies (all of them trolls) constantly quote-spamming.

Heck, most boards I've been to would have had Genny getting hammered on, either by the other posters for not making her own arguments or by the moderators for her copying and pasting so much.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Nov 06, 2007 - 6:53PM #14
bytebear
Actually, it is against the Rules of Conduct of this site to do a cut-and-paste post without personal comment.

I think we need better access to the ROC for this new message board.  I really do hope they don't apply the "unauthorized use of comedy in a no humor zone" rule though.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Nov 07, 2007 - 10:54PM #15
BackonTrack
I tried to participate in this thread last week, but was having log on problems.

Bill, your post was excellent and I agree with 99.9999999999999% of it.  :)  Well said (IMO).
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook