Switch to Forum Live View How come "Sith" doesn't get equal billing?
7 years ago  ::  Oct 20, 2007 - 8:32AM #1
mikeincolorado
This is what happens when you let developers play. :)
Mike

"When I've learned enough to really live, I'll be old enough to die" - Johnny Cash
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 20, 2007 - 7:59PM #2
Phantasm
They're the dark side, they use the same force the Jedi use, they just use it malevelently.  They're both part of the big enchalada.  :D
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 21, 2007 - 1:54AM #3
nieciedo
Also, there's only two of them at any one time in an entire galaxy with a population that's probably measured in quadrillions or quintillions.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Nov 16, 2007 - 9:28AM #4
Kateo
Perhaps, Sith do not get equal billing here, but in the online Force-user communities they do.  It is something very much worth exploring.

*bows*

Kateo
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 26, 2008 - 12:51AM #5
gorm_sionnach
[QUOTE=nieciedo;11721]Also, there's only two of them at any one time in an entire galaxy with a population that's probably measured in quadrillions or quintillions.[/QUOTE]

While it is true that Darth Bane instituted the "rule of two", before his proclamation the SIth were in much larger numbers. SIne the RoT there have been numerous instances where more than two Sith at any one time. Perhaps it should be pointed out that the RoT only applies to Sith Lords, and not the Sith in general?
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Dec 19, 2008 - 6:40PM #6
Thorleif
Plus, inspired by movies or not, there is a real religion called Jedi.  To the best of my knowledge, there is no Sith religion.  There may be, but I've never come across it.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Dec 22, 2008 - 1:32PM #7
SecondSonOfDavid

Thorleif wrote:

Plus, inspired by movies or not, there is a real religion called Jedi. To the best of my knowledge, there is no Sith religion. There may be, but I've never come across it.

Thank you, that's it.  The Jedi learn and practice knowledge and use of the Force. The Sith do as well, but for reasons antithetical to Jedi.  The movies take something away from the discussion, since the Sith appear to be similar except in alignment, when in practice almost everything is different.  Jedi are disciplined, the Sith more chaotic.   Jedi seek community but can be solitary when necessary or in training, while the Sith are solitary by nature and very territorial.  Jedi are about growth and development and protection, the Sith are about destruction and conquest and death.

That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  May 23, 2009 - 11:32PM #8
Amilius1970

Don't you think that there is more information about the Sith than there is information about the Jedi?  Just read some of the background literature about Star Wars and I'm sure that you will find more references to the Dark Side and the individuals who used it and were consumed by it as well.  There is a whole history behind the Sith.  And it is not hidden.  However, it may not be as popular.  Why?  Because the destiny of each soul is to return to it's source.

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook