Switch to Forum Live View
Sticky: Welcome & Introductions
7 years ago  ::  Oct 13, 2007 - 2:09PM #1
BeliefnetCheryl
Welcome to the Jedi  community!  Please introduce yourself in this thread.

Please feel free to start new discussions by creating a new thread. Or bring over a topic from the old board using copy and then paste into a new thread.

This board is currently without a host. If you would be interested in hosting, please send an email to us at community@beliefnetstaff.com.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jul 26, 2009 - 1:19AM #2
Shamanmystic

"These are not the droids you're lookin for"  motions with hand Wink

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jul 26, 2009 - 9:09PM #3
Astasophi

We began introducing ourselves on another thread - but yes - the Jedi have grown quiet.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Dec 24, 2009 - 7:57PM #4
Opiemacleod

Introduction:

Hey, Opie Macleod here, as the account name states. I have been directed here due to a couple topics of interest. And I am rather amazed Jediism has made it this far. And that there are names I recoginze, which they will no doubt cringe when they see my name.

What I am going to do in this forum and various articles on this website is present a much  different viewpoint than has been presented before. While the individuals I recoginze do have great ideas and experience to back up their words. I do bring something new to the table which I feel has been missing greatly here.

As for myself I have been a part of the greater (online) Jedi Community since 1999 (though I had originally began in 1997, but I do not count those years of observation, because they were simply observation). I have lived by the ideals of the Jedi since 1999, again though began in 1990. However without others to interact with, I did not truly progress while I really got involved with the Community 1999.

Jump forward ten years - Jedi has turned in many directions. One of those directions being Jediism. As someone who has been following the Jedi Path for ten years I am not a fan of Jediism. I often speak out against it, especially when Jediism makes it way into the media (such as the event with Tesco and the kid in a darth vader mask).

This is a little what you can expect from me. =) I look forward to seeing f this forum will stay dead or if new life is brought to this forum by a little challenging of ideals and accepting challenges. The more that people get involved and observe, I am sure more that people will learn about me and my history. So I'll not ruin the surprise by rambling any further. Take care.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 12, 2012 - 4:19PM #5
SecondSonOfDavid

Odd.  I recall introducing myself on another Beliefnet Jedi thread some years ago, but - no matter.

I use the screen name Second Son of David for a number of reasons, including a modicum or privacy.  Those disinclined to use so long an appelation may simply call me Daniel, if they wish.

I first took interest in Jedi back in the 1980s, but there was no formal group available in which to develop knowledge or competencies.  I have studied independently therefore for a number of decades, and so while I am interested in a number of groups, I am something of a lone ranger in terms of affiliation.  

That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jun 21, 2012 - 10:45PM #6
Streen

It's been ages since I've been here, but like Opie I've been around the Jedi scene since 1997.  To think of how all this started out, and what it has become truly astounds me. 

Anyway, all the Jedi sites I used to frequent have closed.  I visit TempleOfTheJediOrder.org now and then, but without real involvment.  Some older sites I used to be a part of were Jedi Creed, Jedi Organization, Jedi Academy, Force Academy, Temple of the Jedi Arts, Coelescere, etc.  Most of those can be viewed here, though are not active: JediCommunity.net

If you're at all interested in the Force, I honestly wouldn't have any recommendations as to a website to go to for learning, so I'm sort of on Opie's side on that matter.  Currently I'm studying Taoism and Zen, so if you feel like following in my footsteps, that'd be the place to go.

There's so much I could say, but it would only be misdirection at this point.  But I'll say this: the Jedi path (or any path similar) is difficult, yet simple.  You must be strong, yet supple.

I'll say one last thing... if you're looking for a guide, I am available.  I'm pretty old-school when it comes to "training".  I prefer one-on-one teaching/learning over the more modern style of classes in a school.  I can't say I will make you a Jedi, but I can help you become what you choose to be.  If you want to talk: streen47@hotmail.com

May the Force be with you...

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Aug 14, 2012 - 8:03AM #7
Redheron

Red Heron here.

I've been practicing Jediism as a religion since 1996. Since 2008, it has been my only religion. I've been off-and-on in the online community since about 2000, and I've been pursuing offline training for about a decade (both teaching and receiving teachings).

On my website, I call myself a "Master". But there it's more of a job title than anything really important or significant. I'm not "Master" anywhere else. People don't automatically recognize me like they might if I was a fictional Jedi Master in the films. And I don't really want or expect them to. But some people have issues with the way I see things, and so coming here to demonstrate the different viewpoints and to really demonstrate the sincerity of belief that I have is the only way I know of to really show how this works.

I don't really care what people think of me, personally, but I do care how people think of Jediism. To reject any path as religious denies the basic ideas of spirituality which are at the core of our humanity. And yet we shouldn't build up a monolithic organization, as many groups have done, because we need to limit the influence of those who would seek to take control or leadership away from anyone else.

I was called in the middle of the night (3am!!!) by a very upset student who was in tears because of what Opie posted. She felt that 5 years of training were wasted, and I had to point out the kinds of personal growth she had made with just a few suggestions from anyone else, and a lot of hard work she has put into things.

She asked begged me to post a response. I have.

And while I disagree wholeheartedly with most of what Opie has to say, I am actually glad he's here, because there are few in our community who have as level a head, and who can debate the issues as cleanly. This being said, expect a hot debate between us at times. It's just the way of things. We don't honestly hate each other, I promise. But we disagree wholeheartedly on so many things--and yet we are both Jedi.

But the rest... eh, I know a few of the names, nobody really well, but I have had a few dealings with some.

Today is my birthday. I'm 39. Today is the day that I begin here with some ideas. I think it's fitting.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Aug 14, 2012 - 3:17PM #8
Opiemacleod

Happy Birthday!!Laughing I am going ot use something said here in your other post - simply because I feel it is much more worth the attention of those that come here. 

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook