7 years ago  ::  Oct 13, 2007 - 1:52PM #1
BeliefnetCheryl
Welcome to the Children of God  community!  Please introduce yourself in this thread.

Children of God was founded in the 1960s by David Berg. Also known as "the Family," the communal underground church was known for sexual openness. Today they are an international fellowship of Christian communities with 13,000 members with a strong emphasis on humanitarian work

Please feel free to start new discussions by creating a new thread. Or bring over a topic from the old board using copy and then paste into a new thread.

This board is currently without a host. If you would be interested in hosting, please send an email to us at community@beliefnetstaff.com.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Nov 22, 2007 - 3:38AM #2
Deepforestman
Hello, the "Children of God" played a major role in my life of faith: In 1972 I lived in Bromley, London, nearish to the main COG colony.  My then wife visited the group and her life changed.  She told me about Jesus and eventually I visited the factory where they were bqased.

I was not impressed by their guitar playing and siinging and found them not to my taste, hoever that night my conscience convicted me that I ought to go back and apologise for my arrogant attitude.  Anyhow I walked bak to the factory and as I went I was amazingly transformed by the power of G-d  - stopping swearing and smoking instantly.

From the Cog I learned about how to live by faith and though I never committed to them I employed their methods in my life - giving everything away to follow G-d - 35 years laer that faith still works in my life.

So it's thanks to the CoG for their influence in my life at that time- I'd never have learned real 'faith' living in a normal church.
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook