Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2
6 years ago  ::  Oct 14, 2008 - 4:38PM #11
NoThing
howdy folks! hi Cheryl! i also am an Eckist, for about 22 years...just found this site, in years past, beliefnet had nothing on Eckankar, now i checked yet again, and here it it! most excellent~!!
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 14, 2008 - 4:38PM #12
NoThing
howdy folks! hi Cheryl! i also am an Eckist, for about 22 years...just found this site, in years past, beliefnet had nothing on Eckankar, now i checked yet again, and here it it! most excellent~!!
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 25, 2008 - 9:22AM #13
letchworth
Hello folks, I new to the forum and figured I would into the "sign the guest book".
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Nov 21, 2008 - 9:46PM #14
Tiger155
Hi to all:

To add my two cents bit to those who are new to eckankar or are searching let me tell you a short story. When I first was drawn to Eckankar I was careful. I am an investigator and very cautious. I had one experience that I shall never forget. When my priest sent me a message through a relative that he wanted to see me to discuss my new path Eckankar, I sent a message back to him. It was this. If he could meet me in the inner worlds and have this talk with me, then I would consider what he had to say. Otherwise there was nothing to discuss. In short I am the one who reached my own decision. No one talked me into anything. In fact the very first time I went to an eckankar intro talk, I was answering questions asked by some of the visitors who had attended. After the session some of the members who was sponsoring the intro talk asked if I was a member and I said no. I had read nothing about Eckankar just kept on seeing this sign on the highway and decided after so many years to find out what it was all about. They said that I answered like I was a member.

I am now more aware and a full fledge member of eckankar for many many years now. There is one thing I will say. If Eckankar is all negative , and if it has allowed me to be more aware and concern about doing the right thing and if it has allowed me to understand myself as soul a spark of God - that very God that Jesus talked about - to better understand about life and why we are here, then  Eckankar is the path of all paths.

Years ago before eckankar I use to talk  to God, now after I joined Eckankar I learn to listen to God. That's a big difference. Lastely, I have read oh, so many self development books and business and psychology magazines about life, that I can see the principles of Eckankar in every thing I read. They are there, but just written to fit the level of consciousness of the readers and the writer of the particular book.

The recent "The Secret" book that was all over Oprah show talks about the same principles, but at a different level of consciousness for those who can better understand and who need that level at the present time. But there are indeed many levels of consciousness to allow people to move upwards as they search for more truth. And that's where the  Light and Sound of God comes in.

Thanks
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Nov 22, 2008 - 8:38AM #15
letchworth
Glad to have you aboard!
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Apr 19, 2009 - 1:20AM #16
Loridee333

I was a third year initiate about 10 years ago.  I loved Eck and grew spiritually.  I moved on to study other religions because I was a single Mom of four young kids and they wanted their year membership of 120.00or 140.00, I forget which.  They wouldn't even let me pay half and six months later the other half!  I loved the teachings and exercises but they can keep their money, they will never see a dime of mine.  Too bad such a beautiful belief system should be so money hungry. 

Saddened yet still enlightened,

Lori

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook