Page 1 of 10  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next
Switch to Forum Live View
Sticky: Welcome to the new Asatru & Northern Heathenry board!
7 years ago  ::  Oct 14, 2007 - 12:54PM #1
TonyCoyote
Well, B-Net has made some pretty drastic changes, I hope you all think for the better! :-) To get our board started again I wanted to post this intro thread for us all to get to know eachother (again, in some cases) and get some conversation started. So let us know about you:

What branch of modern Germanic religion do you consider yourself (Asatru, Irminism, Theodism, Forn Sed, ASH, just "regular ol' Heathen")?

What do you like about being Asatru/Irminist/ASH/etc., what are your favorite aspects of your religion?

What are the particulars of your religious practice? Do you hold regular blot and sumbal, daily prayers, walks in the woods, or any other activity you consider religious/spiritual?

Are you solitary? Practice with a group? Practice just with family? Part of any national or regional organization?

Is there any particularly Deity (or more than one, if you please) that you feel particularly close to? What do you do regularly to worship/honor/otherwise interact with this/these Deity(ies)?

Is there anything unique about your own personal spirituality or practices that you'd like to share?

Feel free to share anything else about yourself or you beliefs that you'd like to add. Also, since we'll have plenty of time for debating, disagreeing, and even arguing, let's keep this particular thread about sharing who we are and what we're about.

Uuela,

Tony
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 15, 2007 - 12:49PM #2
Habukberht_Lat
I guess i'll go first here.

I am a member, with Uuillhelm Lat, of the Sahsisk Thiod.  A thiodish tribe out of Newport News VA.  The Sahsisk Thiod is the largest, most successful current thiodish group out there.  I act as it's Stiguuard. 

Of the gods, I have in the past held Uuodan in the highest regard... as of recent though my connections with Hama (a connection which started when I held a goat for Hama during Blot) have been greatly strengthened.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 16, 2007 - 2:07AM #3
paksmrbk
Greetings, unto the list -

Although I am not a heathen, I am heathen-friendly.  I've lurked on the old board (& commented once in a while) for a few years now.  I look forward to continuing to sit quietly in a corner & learn on this board as well.

Well Met.
paks
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 16, 2007 - 11:06PM #4
Ancestral
Hailsa all,

My family and I are relatively new folkish Asatruar who came to it through an interest in ancestral veneration. We are also new members of the AFA and the Troth. We reside in Tehachapi, CA and are a family kindred. We recently had a blot to Freyr and Freyja for Winter Finding / Harvest Home. We especially have an interest in assisting with developing more child-friendly resources for Asatru and Heathen children such as regional Asatru family camps for children and "Heathen Home Evening" ideas (hey I was raised Mormon so what can I say?). We have two elementary school age children that we are introducing to the lore (they were already used to offering libations to the ancestors and landwights/spirits of the land as we were doing that prior to becoming Asatruar).

We will probably do a special family feast and blot to focus on the Disir for Winter Finding this weekend.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 16, 2007 - 10:31PM #5
Drknss
Hail everyone!

The forum looks great!

I'm Drknss and I've been a Heathen for about 5 years I think. It's been awhile.

I'm a solitary but I've been talking with a local Kindred so maybe not for long. I also joined the AFA but it's been recently so I having made my mind up. On if I'll stay a member or not.

I consider myself Folkish but I'm liking what the Theods have going.

Honestly right now I'm an armchair Heathen. I've poured some beer out to the Gods. Acouple of times but I've never really done a Blot
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 16, 2007 - 11:18PM #6
Drknss
Hail Ancestral!

It's good to have you here.

I hope you enjoy your time here. Which I'm sure you will there are many fine folks here.

Take care. :)
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 16, 2007 - 11:39PM #7
Ancestral
[QUOTE=Drknss;3699]Hail Ancestral!

It's good to have you here.

I hope you enjoy your time here. Which I'm sure you will there are many fine folks here.

Take care. :)[/QUOTE]

Hailsa Drknss!

Thanks! I haven't been to Beliefnet in a LOOOOONG time. Boy, is this a change!
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 16, 2007 - 11:49PM #8
Drknss

Hailsa Drknss!

Thanks! I haven't been to Beliefnet in a LOOOOONG time. Boy, is this a change!

Ah! You've been here before. Well Welcome back. LOL! Yeah it's a big change but I like it. I was starting to wonder if they'd ever actually update the site. I like all the cool features too. Like the Journal and everything. Cause it's all right here. I don't have to go from site to site anymore. LOL!

Well again. Take care. :)

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 17, 2007 - 9:51AM #9
Tyrsman
Tis I notone, back again. I would be a "regular ol' heathen" . Looking forward to talking with you all again.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 17, 2007 - 7:43PM #10
lisanofzinger
I am new to this board and heathenry.  I am studying Asatru through reading and taking an on-line self-paced class called Asatru U through Frigga's Web.  I also just joined The Troth.

I have not affiliated myself with any branch of heathenry yet. 

What brought me to Asatru was my interest in learning about the Norse Gods.  I am of Germanic/Norse heritage and am interested in learning more about how my ancestors might have practiced.

I am still learning about the gods and goddesses but have a special interest in Thor.

I am solitary right now but am hoping to find like-minded others in my area (Michigan) to join in possible occasional group rituals.

Lisa
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 10  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook