Page 4 of 4  •  Prev 1 2 3 4
Switch to Forum Live View Welcome my sisters and brothers
7 years ago  ::  Oct 27, 2007 - 2:13PM #31
SeventhDayGirl
[QUOTE=sincerly;25372]Cindy, I tested as you indicated and my post was accepted ----I used the "tools" in the "bar above the "text" space.

You mentioned a "counter" for the "characters"-----how does one acquire such a "necessary tool"????[/QUOTE]
Thanks, everyone for wecoming me here!
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 27, 2007 - 2:13PM #32
SeventhDayGirl
[QUOTE=sincerly;25372]Cindy, I tested as you indicated and my post was accepted ----I used the "tools" in the "bar above the "text" space.

You mentioned a "counter" for the "characters"-----how does one acquire such a "necessary tool"????[/QUOTE]
Thanks, everyone for wecoming me here!
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 29, 2007 - 6:22PM #33
sincerly

Danya1844 wrote:

Sincerly, or actually anyone,

The Welcome center , which I thought was fixed still seems to have a problem.
I have one part of a post, posted, in the "Welcome and Info' thread there, as all but that part just vanishes after the post is submitted ( although well under the allowed character count on the other forums) and every time I try to post more, all but the first sentence disappears in a second or followup post.

No warnings show up, and all appears fine when the post is previewed...

Arggghhhh! I reported it again.

Thanks,
Cindy

Cindy, I had the same problem just now on the "Discuss" board.

The problem is in the copying of material from another source. one picks up  an "image" which is incompatible. As long as the"html system" is NOT ENABLED, one runs the risk of "vanishing" posts.

One has to go back and remove the "source of the offending "image". Whether just a "dash" or a works with < color and  font=  or any such.

I had the experience of "30 minute " limit on editing as well.  Therefore, I copied that which I had written and then deleted the post entirely. That way I was able the correct the problem on a new post.

I'm not so sure the old way of editing wasn't better. At least there was no time limit.(A detriment for us slow typers".:D

Peace,   Sincerly.      As long as sin is practiced, one will search for a means to validate the continuing therein. ANON

The greatest want of the world is the want of men--men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall.---- ANON  (Ellen G. White. 1882)
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 30, 2007 - 10:29AM #34
DevynsGma
Morning, Sincerely,

I don't know if this would help, but often - when I suspected I had a lot to say or knew finding all the quotes I wanted would take some time - I've created my entire post in MSWord, including (in the old days) all the code I wanted if I had a link or wanted a certain font effect.

When I had it ready to my satisfaction, I'd copy/paste the whole thing into a new Bnet window, preview it for fine-tuning, and then submit it.

That way I didn't risk being timed out or having my internet lock up or whatever other mysterious things the cyber world chose to hurl at me. It may be one way to take your time finessing your post (and your thoughts ;) ) without such a risk of losing a lot of time and effort.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 30, 2007 - 12:57PM #35
sincerly

DevynsGma wrote:

Morning, Sincerely,

I don't know if this would help, but often - when I suspected I had a lot to say or knew finding all the quotes I wanted would take some time - I've created my entire post in MSWord, including (in the old days) all the code I wanted if I had a link or wanted a certain font effect.

When I had it ready to my satisfaction, I'd copy/paste the whole thing into a new Bnet window, preview it for fine-tuning, and then submit it.

That way I didn't risk being timed out or having my internet lock up or whatever other mysterious things the cyber world chose to hurl at me. It may be one way to take your time finessing your post (and your thoughts ;) ) without such a risk of losing a lot of time and effort.

DevynsGma, Thanks for the information. I know Discerner also uses "word" for composing and saving. I just haven't tried to master that method.

But you are right it would eliminate some problems-------I suppose the "codes" used by "word" are compatible with this new vBcode system.

The problem I had wasn't in the "composing phase", but the "editing phase" after it was posted and the correcting the portion which had vanished into cyberspace.
IN the old system, after preview, one could edit as long as needed.

OK, I just noticed that one can edit or add to the original (seen below the one to "preview".)

And still have the ability to "edit" the "submitted post".

Peace,   Sincerly.      As long as sin is practiced, one will search for a means to validate the continuing therein. ANON

The greatest want of the world is the want of men--men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall.---- ANON  (Ellen G. White. 1882)
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Nov 01, 2007 - 6:39PM #36
Donnie49
Hello to all.  It took me awhile to get here, but I'm here.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Nov 02, 2007 - 7:47AM #37
DevynsGma
Yay! And welcome

The learning curve in here is a little longer than it was in the old board but it is a lot of fun when you get used to it.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Feb 20, 2008 - 7:10PM #38
Emmanuelle110
Hi everyone.  I'm Stacey.  I'm actually Catholic, but I've always wondered about the beliefs of your religion.  I'm entirely sincere in my curiosity and I would greatly appreciate if any of you could just outline the SDA basic beliefs.  Thanks.

Peace and Love
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Feb 21, 2008 - 1:48PM #39
sincerly

Emmanuelle110 wrote:

Hi everyone. I'm Stacey. I'm actually Catholic, but I've always wondered about the beliefs of your religion. I'm entirely sincere in my curiosity and I would greatly appreciate if any of you could just outline the SDA basic beliefs. Thanks.

Peace and Love

Emmanuelle, Welcome to the SDA forums.
I will be happy to give you the SDA Official site and  the "Fundamental Beliefs" of the SDA's.
This is a brief sketch and the scriptural reasons for these beliefs.
Some of us SDAs in the "b'net community" have started to put together a more in-depth study of these beliefs  on The Welcome to the seventh day Adventist forum. ----------- Under the title of "Welcome----to our SDA Beliefs".

Actually, that is the forum on which you should be addressing your inquiry, but no concern.
Go to this site for those promised thumbnail sketches:  http://www.adventist.org/beliefs/fundamental/index.html

Happy studying and learning.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 4 of 4  •  Prev 1 2 3 4

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook