Page 2 of 4  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Welcome my sisters and brothers
7 years ago  ::  Oct 17, 2007 - 10:50PM #11
sincerly

Danya1844 wrote:

And old? how does that compare to eternity? Keep your chin up, and just keep looking in that direction. :)

:) Hey, that makes me feel younger already.:D
I also placed my new grand-daughter in my profile photo slot-------Therefore, I'M just an infant.
And with all these new toys------what else can I expect--here on this fading earth???;)

O.K., Now, back to business------Good to see that you are present and accounted for Discerner.

Peace,   Sincerly.      As long as sin is practiced, one will search for a means to validate the continuing therein. ANON

The greatest want of the world is the want of men--men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall.---- ANON  (Ellen G. White. 1882)
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 18, 2007 - 8:08AM #12
DevynsGma
LA LALA!  I am having way too much fun with this new format.  I love the extra options :D

The only thing that may take some getting used to is the vast expanse between posts.  It used to be (a phrase that indicates an age issue alert :) ) that the posts pretty much flowed like a page of text with very little in between.

BUT!  I like, very much.  It is the learning curve that slows me down but once it becomes rote, habit, second-nature, instinctive... it will be much more fun.

SmilyFace, you can always change the name of the bookmark.  You can re-name it to what you're used to calling the various boards.  Just highlight the bookmark, click your right mouse-button once, and when you see the drop-down menu, go to RENAME and it will highlight the bookmark name and you can change it to whatever you want.  Or you can go the the ORGANIZE option when you have your Favorites displayed and do much the same in there except there's a button to help you - select the one you want to rename and hit the RENAME button and "Bob's your uncle!" or something like that. 

YAY!
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 17, 2007 - 10:50PM #13
sincerly

Danya1844 wrote:

And old? how does that compare to eternity? Keep your chin up, and just keep looking in that direction. :)

:) Hey, that makes me feel younger already.:D
I also placed my new grand-daughter in my profile photo slot-------Therefore, I'M just an infant.
And with all these new toys------what else can I expect--here on this fading earth???;)

O.K., Now, back to business------Good to see that you are present and accounted for Discerner.

Peace,   Sincerly.      As long as sin is practiced, one will search for a means to validate the continuing therein. ANON

The greatest want of the world is the want of men--men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall.---- ANON  (Ellen G. White. 1882)
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 18, 2007 - 8:08AM #14
DevynsGma
LA LALA!  I am having way too much fun with this new format.  I love the extra options :D

The only thing that may take some getting used to is the vast expanse between posts.  It used to be (a phrase that indicates an age issue alert :) ) that the posts pretty much flowed like a page of text with very little in between.

BUT!  I like, very much.  It is the learning curve that slows me down but once it becomes rote, habit, second-nature, instinctive... it will be much more fun.

SmilyFace, you can always change the name of the bookmark.  You can re-name it to what you're used to calling the various boards.  Just highlight the bookmark, click your right mouse-button once, and when you see the drop-down menu, go to RENAME and it will highlight the bookmark name and you can change it to whatever you want.  Or you can go the the ORGANIZE option when you have your Favorites displayed and do much the same in there except there's a button to help you - select the one you want to rename and hit the RENAME button and "Bob's your uncle!" or something like that. 

YAY!
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 18, 2007 - 5:38PM #15
bronzedonkeykong
i thought it would be helpful to post a list of links and if we all got together we'd have alotta links
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 18, 2007 - 10:41PM #16
sincerly
To All:

I just spent an exhausting day.
Danya, I apologize for messing up our "Welcome Page" for the "Welcome forum". I thought is would be easy with all the gadgets, but like you mentioned in another thread-----Character limit IS 10,000----- So that which was on that board came to almost 20,000 characters. But that wasn't the end of it. It also notified me that my limit of "images" was four:mad:. (Which includes all "smilies," "the vBcode"," [img] tag", "HTML". "tags" and who knows what else.

Does anyone have any idea how many of those were included in what was posted in our initial studies???? I just kept getting rejections to submit.

Danya, you may be exempted from such, but ---my Brothers and sisters----beware!!!
place on more than 4 "smilies"(counting the one with your "name") (and if you "[ b ]","] i ]", and/'or " u " they each count as a "image").-----and the rejection comes.

Also, one's "moniker" if added to the post from another post counts.

Hey, tomorrow is another day.:D

Peace. Sincerly.

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 18, 2007 - 10:48PM #17
sincerly

bronzedonkeykong wrote:

i thought it would be helpful to post a list of links and if we all got together we'd have alotta links

BKK,  "links" except in limited use can be hazardous to one's post. see my recent experience above.
And since you are not a SDA, (your profile says "other"), we have had many "anti-SDA" and "Anti-EGW" links given.... We don't need them.

You need to be on the correct 'Forum".

Peace, Sincerly.

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 19, 2007 - 8:45AM #18
Danya1844
It's ok Sincerly, we're all learning.  :)  You should've seen the mess I made with the moderator tools, on the debate forum  which my supervisor had to clean up. I was in panic mode.

Disaster... is putting it lightly.

I'm going to temporarily hide the thread on the welcome board..

I can fix it, and re post it as a sticky thread which will stay at the top of the forum list, and not be deleted. I think I can also make it a read only thread..

Unfortunately I am leaving in a hour and won't be back till Sunday, so my time is gonna be limitted here during that time. I'll do it as quickly as I can. Latest scenarion Mon Morning, but hopefully before then.

Have a Happy Sabbath all.

~ Cindy

sincerly wrote:

To All:

I just spent an exhausting day.
Danya, I apologize for messing up our "Welcome Page" for the "Welcome forum". I thought is would be easy with all the gadgets, but like you mentioned in another thread-----Character limit IS 10,000----- So that which was on that board came to almost 20,000 characters. But that wasn't the end of it. It also notified me that my limit of "images" was four:mad:. (Which includes all "smilies," "the vBcode"," [img] tag", "HTML". "tags" and who knows what else.

Does anyone have any idea how many of those were included in what was posted in our initial studies???? I just kept getting rejections to submit.

Danya, you may be exempted from such, but ---my Brothers and sisters----beware!!!
place on more than 4 "smilies"(counting the one with your "name") (and if you "[ b ]","] i ]", and/'or " u " they each count as a "image").-----and the rejection comes.

Also, one's "moniker" if added to the post from another post counts.

Hey, tomorrow is another day.:D

Peace. Sincerly.

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 19, 2007 - 8:55AM #19
Danya1844

bronzedonkeykong wrote:

It looks like you are new.

Welcome to the Beliefnet community Bronze Donkey Kong.

I think you've accidenatally wandered into the wrong forum. You are in the SDA faith community forum which is for Seventh-day Adventist members to talk to one another. It's ok we're all still learning our way around here also.

I've moved your new thread to the Seventh-day Adventist Discussion, Dialogue and Debate forum, where it can be answered, and where you will be very welcome..

You can find that forum here:
http://community.beliefnet.com/forums/f … .php?f=283

Danya1844
Beliefnet Community Host
For Beliefnet's SDA forums.

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 19, 2007 - 8:21PM #20
sincerly
Danya,
""""I can fix it, and re post it as a sticky thread which will stay at the top of the forum list, and not be deleted. I think I can also make it a read only thread.."""""

Question???  Will that limit the addition of any more  studies to that which we have???
And should their be another hiatus in your position,  we wouldn't be able to add any studies to that thread..

It certainly wouldn't hurt for it to always be at the top; but  unless there is a complete deletion of the thread, no matter where it is in the "index/listing", we can link to it.-----I have proved that fact.

I have a suspicion that the limitation of "images" is on the "SDA to SDA",  and "welcome boards"  and not on the "Discussion forum".
We actually need to have the those(unlimited images) as well(on those forums), since that will be where we will be developing the studies------and where they will end up.

However, like Paul, we need to "be content"(work with the tools we have" to accomplish the "work" and not be "stressed " by the situation.

Peace. Sincerly.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 4  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook