Page 1 of 4  •  1 2 3 4 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Welcome my sisters and brothers
7 years ago  ::  Oct 11, 2007 - 10:06AM #1
Danya1844
Wow! Is this forum and all the new features on Beliefnet kewl or what?

I'm really excited about all the changes here, and all the features Beliefnet has added, and so very happy to talk and post with you again here, my brethren, family and dear friends.

So very happy...

This board will continue to function as our community center, as a refuge and a safe place, just as our old community board did. A place where we, and all  our regular SDA Beliefnet members, and brethren can fellowship together, pray with and for one another,. or;  support ,encourage, and exhort one another ,  and discuss anything amongst ourselves.

What a blessing!  We can physically be in or from anyplace all over the world and yet still be united here in one place.

We are truly living in the last days which Daniel spoke of by inspiration where knowledge would increase and man would run to and fro on this earth.

Now via the internet we can assemble in His name while being separated by vast distances
. We can fellowship together, and help each other, and despite being in different places we can all use this same technology to work together with Him to reach the world, and finish the work, so He can return and we can all go home...

The Apostles turned the world upside down in their day without the advantages and tools we have, only imagine what we iin our day can do with the same outpouring of the Holy Spirit, and just imagine-- the latter rain promises 10 fold the results. That's incredible...

Have any of you checked out our NEW "WELCOME CENTER"? If not, please do so.  I think it's such a great opportunity and tool for us to use. My welcoming post explains it all somewhat, but questions can be posted there regarding clarification, or anything I didn't mention.

I am thinking you all have comments or questions here too. If so, fire away! :D
(If you have questions I can't answer I'll do my best to find the answer or refer you to someone who can.)

One question I had, was "What about the old posts and threads?"
Answer:
They won't be moved to the new forums.

We are starting over in a way, with a clean slate, but nothing has been lost, as the old threads, topics ,and post have all been preserved in archive fashion, so any can read them.

We of course, depending on the forum can pick up and continue our discussions, chats, or debates which were in progress.when the change over occurred.

.In His Grace
Danya1844
Beliefnet Community Host
for Beliefnet's SDA forums

BTW; as many of you already know, my birth name is "Cindy" and that's what my family and friends call me. I'd really like it if you all called me that too. :)
I'll be signing all my discussion and debate post s as "Cindy",  and saving "Danya1844" (my login name here on Beliefnet) for posts where I am speaking in my role as  Host, or as needed for any moderation. It's my hope that will cut down on confusion. Thanks.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 15, 2007 - 11:53AM #2
sincerly
Danya1844,
Since this is business, I'll address you as moderator.

I do not find but the single SDA Forum. What happened to SDA to SDA  and the Learn About Forums???

Peace. Sincerly.
Peace,   Sincerly.      As long as sin is practiced, one will search for a means to validate the continuing therein. ANON

The greatest want of the world is the want of men--men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall.---- ANON  (Ellen G. White. 1882)
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 15, 2007 - 3:03PM #3
Smlyface
I am having quite a time getting through the maze. I am sure glad Cindy is here because I could not find anything on my own. She has been nearly glued to her computer trying to learn everything and be able to help and having quite a time of it. Cindy tried to help me by putting the three different SDA forums in my bookmarks but the new names throw me for a loop  and I still cannot connect them rightly. I can relate to debate now being discussion, but still confused over the other two. Also wonder how to get from one to another without going out and going back to bookmark to search for another. I am trying to be positive because there is a lot of things that will help us, but have to admit I am somewhat negative. If  I cannot understand the new names of the forums I wonder how anyone coming to us will understand where they should go.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 15, 2007 - 4:22PM #4
sincerly
Smlyface,
Thanks for the hint that somewhere there are actually a debate and possibly a learn about board.
I'll search some more.

Peace. Sincerly.
Peace,   Sincerly.      As long as sin is practiced, one will search for a means to validate the continuing therein. ANON

The greatest want of the world is the want of men--men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall.---- ANON  (Ellen G. White. 1882)
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 15, 2007 - 4:32PM #5
Danya1844

sincerly wrote:

Danya1844,
Since this is business, I'll address you as moderator.

I do not find but the single SDA Forum. What happened to SDA to SDA  and the Learn About Forums???

Peace. Sincerly.

Hi Sincerly!

You don't know how happy I am to see you. :)  I have been hanging around , and exploring and waiting on people to show up, and you are the first.

We are in the SDA to SDA forum right now.

The Learn about board is a welcoming center now. You can find it here:
http://community.beliefnet.com/forums/f … .php?f=320

And the debate board is here:
http://community.beliefnet.com/forums/f … .php?f=283

See my next reply for more details...

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 15, 2007 - 5:20PM #6
Danya1844

Smlyface wrote:

I am having quite a time getting through the maze. I am sure glad Cindy is here because I could not find anything on my own. She has been nearly glued to her computer trying to learn everything and be able to help and having quite a time of it. Cindy tried to help me by putting the three different SDA forums in my bookmarks but the new names throw me for a loop  and I still cannot connect them rightly. I can relate to debate now being discussion, but still confused over the other two. Also wonder how to get from one to another without going out and going back to bookmark to search for another. I am trying to be positive because there is a lot of things that will help us, but have to admit I am somewhat negative. If  I cannot understand the new names of the forums I wonder how anyone coming to us will understand where they should go.

You shouldn't have to go out to click on another bookmark. I'll come fix your bookmark names. :)

To find our forums here on the New Beliefnet

[LIST=1]
[*]Look for the tab on this page near the top and click on the one that says "forums"
[*]Scroll down on the page that this takes you to until you see "Faiths & Practices"
[*]Under "Faith and Practices"  you will see a list of five links. The first link says  "Welcome centers", click on that.
[*]It will take you to a list arranged alphabeitcally, scroll down till you find "Seventh-Day Adventists" and click on it.
[*]You are now in the Seventhday Adventist Welcoming Center which has taken the place of the Old Learn about Seventh-Day adventists board.[/LIST]
No matter what page you are on here on beliefnet follow the first two steps. You should always be able to find the "forums" tab at the top of the page.The third link under faith and practices  is "Faith communities" if you scroll down till you find Seventh-day Adventists it will bring you here to our community forum, the name is the same as the old forum.

The fourth link listed under Faith and practices is " Discussion, Dialogue, and Debate" if you click on it and scroll down to Seventh-day Adventists it will take you to our Debate board here on the New Beliefnet.

Hopefully that helps, if not let me know.

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 15, 2007 - 7:02PM #7
sincerly
Hi  Danya,
I finally located the other forums.  Thanks.

Like many others, I'm to old to learn new tricks.  They have taken me out of my comfort zone. However, The Good LORD will show me the way as long as HE wants me to witness for HIM.

Peace. Sincerly

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 17, 2007 - 5:12PM #8
Discerner
I found the Forum Jump at the bottom of the page and if you click on the arrow it will bring down a menu. From there, just scroll down until  you get to the location you want to visit. Probably everyone knows this already, but just in case someone doesn't...that seems to be the easiest way.

Discerner
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 17, 2007 - 9:09PM #9
Danya1844
Good to see you Discerner! :)

And yes that does seem to be the easiest way. So easy I overlooked it in my explanation above.   So obviously everyone didn't/doesn't know that already... :o

Thanks.

Discerner wrote:

I found the Forum Jump at the bottom of the page and if you click on the arrow it will bring down a menu. From there, just scroll down until  you get to the location you want to visit. Probably everyone knows this already, but just in case someone doesn't...that seems to be the easiest way.

Discerner

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 17, 2007 - 9:14PM #10
Danya1844

sincerly wrote:

Like many others, I'm to old to learn new tricks. They have taken me out of my comfort zone. However, The Good LORD will show me the way as long as HE wants me to witness for HIM.

I know He does. You'll be, and do just fine. The Lord has a looong history of taking people out of their comfort zones and doing mighty works when they followed him. .We'll all learn, and help one another here together.

And old? how does that compare to eternity? Keep your chin up, and just keep looking in that direction. :)

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 4  •  1 2 3 4 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook