Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Switch to Forum Live View Accurate Information
1 year ago  ::  Oct 30, 2015 - 9:43PM #1
Phronesis

Since this is ending as an interactive site, these links must be posted.

www.jw.org

and

tv.jw.org/#en/home

so those who wish accurate information about us can find it. For those who want negative info, there are plenty of that availiable.

"Ye are my witnesses, saith Jehovah, and my servant whom I have chosen ... ye are my witnesses, saith Jehovah, that I am God." - Isaiah 43:10, 12, ASV.
Quick Reply
Cancel
1 year ago  ::  Oct 31, 2015 - 3:36AM #2
Newtonian

And, of course, our online library:

wol.jw.org/en/wol/h/r1/lp-e

Quick Reply
Cancel
1 year ago  ::  Oct 31, 2015 - 6:21AM #3
eloquens

Oct 30, 2015 -- 9:43PM, Phronesis wrote:

Since this is ending as an interactive site, these links must be posted.

www.jw.org

and

tv.jw.org/#en/home

so those who wish accurate information about us can find it. For those who want negative info, there are plenty of that availiable.

Oct 31, 2015 -- 3:36AM, Newtonian wrote:

And, of course, our online library:

wol.jw.org/en/wol/h/r1/lp-e

The brightest lights on the internet.

John 3:21 "But whoever does what is true comes to the light, so that his works may be made manifest as having been done in harmony with God.”

Quick Reply
Cancel
1 year ago  ::  Oct 31, 2015 - 6:52AM #4
AnnOMaly

We also mustn't forget that jwfacts.com is an excellent resource for finding accurate information about JW beliefs past and present. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
1 year ago  ::  Oct 31, 2015 - 6:59AM #5
Newtonian

Ann - You know very well that the website you referenced is filled with lies and deceptions about our beliefs.

I will start a separate thread exposing it now - I will not honor response to its lies in this thread.

Quick Reply
Cancel
1 year ago  ::  Oct 31, 2015 - 7:07AM #6
AnnOMaly

Have you even read it?

The owner is very conscientious in getting his facts straight and is open to being notified of any inaccuracies in the information presented. There is an email link at the top of his webpage so you can contact him.

Smile

Quick Reply
Cancel
1 year ago  ::  Oct 31, 2015 - 7:19AM #7
eloquens

Oct 31, 2015 -- 7:07AM, AnnOMaly wrote:

Have you even read it?

The owner is very conscientious in getting his facts straight and is open to being notified of any inaccuracies in the information presented. There is an email link at the top of his webpage so you can contact him.  

Beware of those who would recommend a website who promote deception and lies while at the same time having a SMILE on their face.  SINister

Quick Reply
Cancel
1 year ago  ::  Oct 31, 2015 - 7:46AM #8
AnnOMaly

As I said, eloquens, the owner is very particular in presenting accurate information. It's a shame this board is closing because we could discuss what you think are the lies and deceptions on the site. But seeing as the end of the forum is fast approaching, then I'll again refer anyone who finds a mistake or mistakes to the email link at the top of the jwfacts webpage.

People should be properly informed about an institution to have a more rounded view. By all means people should visit the official website, but they should also visit sites critical of that institution too. That's fair, isn't it? Just as you wouldn't buy a new car solely on the basis of what the manufacturer said about it, e.g. the commercials and glossy brochures - you would find customer and expert reviews to assess what the quality and performance are really like, and to see whether the car lives up to the manufacturer's claims - so you would do when researching a religious organization - if you are wise, that is.

Smile

Quick Reply
Cancel
1 year ago  ::  Oct 31, 2015 - 8:10AM #9
Karma_yeshe_dorje

At #5, Newtonian wrote:

You know very well that the website you referenced is filled with lies and deceptions about our beliefs.

I have found in life experience that a fundie would label an alternate viewpoint as a "lie". Which all seems rather confronting. As if to shut down discourse!

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook