Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

1 year ago  ::  Oct 30, 2015 - 7:51PM #1
FundieDen
I would just like to say good bye to every one here i have learned a lot from our debates

Remember be a berian and check every thing

God Bless You all

Denis.

Quick Reply
Cancel
1 year ago  ::  Oct 31, 2015 - 5:50AM #2
Newtonian

Yes, Denis - fine counsel:

(Acts 17:11) Now these were more noble-minded than those in Thes·sa·lo·ni′ca, for they accepted the word with the greatest eagerness of mind, carefully examining the Scriptures daily to see whether these things were so.

As our governing body encourages us to do in our book on Acts - for example:

wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1102009061

Excerpt:

17. Why is the example of the Beroeans so commendable, and how can we continue to imitate it long after becoming believers?

17 Little did those Beroeans realize that the record of their reaction to the good news would be preserved in God’s Word as a shining example of spiritual noble-mindedness. They did precisely what Paul had hoped they would do and what Jehovah God wanted them to do. Likewise, it is what we encourage people to do—to examine the Bible carefully so that their faith is solidly based on God’s Word. After we become believers, though, does the need to be noble-minded come to an end? On the contrary, it becomes ever more important that we be eager to learn from Jehovah and quick to apply his teachings. In that way, we allow Jehovah to mold us and train us according to his will. (Isa. 64:8) We thus remain useful and fully pleasing to our heavenly Father.

PM me if you wish while there is time (the site may close 2 PM CST one poster thinks).

Mr. Jordan has my e-mail.

Quick Reply
Cancel
1 year ago  ::  Oct 31, 2015 - 8:06AM #3
Karma_yeshe_dorje

That should be "Farewell". Ciao.

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook