Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Switch to Forum Live View
Sticky: So long, and thanks for all the fish
2 years ago  ::  Oct 29, 2015 - 10:59PM #1
Blü

I began posting on Bnet in 2002.

And suddenly it's 2015 and the show is closing.

I've met many admirable people and many dingbats here, and it's never been less than interesting. Now it's time to say Ciao to everyone.

And special thanks to the mods, who've done a great job of keeping these boards sane and focused all that time.

Goodbye and good luck, y'all.

blü

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Oct 30, 2015 - 2:16AM #2
cptspith

I think I'll miss you most of all, scarecrow!

No, sorry, I'll miss Ken most of all, but you're a photo-finish second.

Reverend Spith
Savior of Humanity
Secular Messiah

Do not assume that which you seek to discover.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Oct 31, 2015 - 8:49AM #3
Karma_yeshe_dorje

I wonder whether other people have changed. I recommend taking the Belief-O-Matic quiz.
www.beliefnet.com/Entertainment/Quizzes/...

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Oct 31, 2015 - 12:10PM #4
JCarlin

Thanks for the fish, the great discussions, the arguments, and even the unkind words. I have always enjoyed religious arguments and beliefnet was a welcome addition to my life when it came along.  I greatly appreciate all of you who have helped keep this board interesting and a great destination for all theists and atheists alike. It isn't easy being host/moderator/facilitator on any board, but herding atheists, women, gods, and cats is an interesting challenge for any mortal man.  But it has been fun obviously, and a very rewarding dozen years. 

Secular Philosophies Archive is a somewhat hidden board on the original yellow boards that was assembled when they ran out of server space and had to delete much of the archive. It is well worth a nostalgia trip for those remembering Charles Fiterman/Gaius Caesar, Thommy, GodlessSkeptic, johnbigbootie, gooddogma-sit, and AvidSinger, TheMadOne our first hosts; as well as the theists ASifre, Theo4Trinity, and even the early Leight. There are many more you may remember but be aware, choose a boring rainy afternoon to go there.  It is addictive.

Atheism Debate and Atheism Board are what remain after the purge.  Note: links are hard to spot in posts they are essentially the same color but hovering will show them.  It may be necessary to add www. before beliefnet after // for the link to work.

Below after the stickies I have bumped a few popular boards from this archive; if I missed any of your favorites feel free to bump them yourselves.

It has been a great ride for all these years, thanks again to all who participated.

jcarlinbn, JCarlin, AKA

J'Carlin
If the shoe doesn't fit, don't cram your foot in it and complain.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Oct 31, 2015 - 1:45PM #5
steven_guy

It has been interesting and at times infuriating. Many people I have admired here too. I have seen some people change and others hold steadfast to their beliefs. I have changed my attitudes to some ideas and some people over the last few years. 

I guess I started on Beliefnet around 2002 or thereabouts. TheMadOne was the moderator here and on the Creationism debate group, I liked him a lot but he bowed out early on.

Right now, I feel like I am at Milliways: The Restaurant at the End of the Universe - with the Beliefnet universe closing before my very eyes. It must only be a few hours to go? 

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook