Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
2 years ago  ::  Oct 28, 2015 - 9:19AM #1
Newtonian

You all, since this site will soon become read only, it will naturally be used for research.   As such, I thought it would be appropriate to discuss while we can our research guide which is online here:

wol.jw.org/en/wol/lv/r1/lp-e/0/11985

Needless to say, there are MANY subjects in our research guide.   Feel free to discuss any of them - pick one or ten!   If they are easy, we can discuss them here.   If more in depth research is required, we could start a separate thread on it.

Remember, we only have a few days to post here.   But we can use this and other threads for time indefinite (Hebrew ohlam, def. hidden or concealed time) for research!

I'll start us off with this subject - the Scripture list for our songs:

wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1203557

Genesis 2:23, 24 ..... Song # 87 - Now we are one.   A beautiful song highlighting the blessings of marriage.Smile

Feel free to post on one of your favorite songs or to discuss the lyrics, also available online as is the music, of any song.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Oct 28, 2015 - 10:42AM #2
Kemmer

Oct 28, 2015 -- 9:19AM, Newtonian wrote:

Feel free to post on one of your favorite songs...

I kinda like O Salutaris Hostia, myself.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Oct 28, 2015 - 10:49AM #3
AnnOMaly

Gaudete is an earworm for me, at the moment.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Oct 28, 2015 - 12:51PM #4
Newtonian

OK, please post on a subject from our research guide you feel is important to research Scripturally - I will not respond to ridiculous posts.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Oct 28, 2015 - 4:11PM #5
Kemmer

Oct 28, 2015 -- 12:51PM, Newtonian wrote:

OK, please post on a subject from our research guide you feel is important to research Scripturally - I will not respond to ridiculous posts.

Why would any of us wish to "research" JW stuff?

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Oct 29, 2015 - 12:34AM #6
Hmmm

Oct 28, 2015 -- 9:19AM, Newtonian wrote:

I'll start us off with this subject - the Scripture list for our songs:

wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1203557

Genesis 2:23, 24 ..... Song # 87 - Now we are one.   A beautiful song highlighting the blessings of marriage.Smile

Feel free to post on one of your favorite songs or to discuss the lyrics, also available online as is the music, of any song.

I didn't even need the Watchtower research guide, and I found this. Smile

www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPFU4Kx7Fmk

The truth, the whole truth...and nothing but the truth?
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Oct 29, 2015 - 9:03PM #7
Newtonian

Ok, ignoring the ridiculous posts above - I will start us off on the Research Guide.

Since Jesus foretold the good news of God's Kingdom would be preached to all nations in these last days (Matthew 24:14; Mark 13:32) I will start with God's Kingdom:

wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1203471

And our book "God's Kingdom Rules" -

wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1102014266

And a specific part of the good news of God's Kingdom:

wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1102014264

Chapter 22 title: The Kingdom Carries Out God’s Will on Earth

FOCUS OF CHAPTER

The Kingdom fulfills all of God’s promises regarding mankind and the earth

Excerpt:

For example, in this publication we have discussed the matter of Christian neutrality—both the Scriptural basis for our understanding and the resulting persecution that God’s people have faced for taking a neutral stand. Is it not remarkable that in this violent world, there is a sizable “nation” of people who refuse, even under threat of death, to take part in violence of any kind? What remarkable proof this is that the subjects of the Messianic King are indeed enjoying peace like that described by Isaiah! Jesus proclaimed that his followers would be known by the love they had among themselves. (John 13:34, 35) Within the congregation, Christ is patiently using his “faithful and discreet slave” to teach all true Christians to be peaceable, loving, and gentle.Matt. 24:45-47.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Oct 30, 2015 - 9:19AM #8
AnnOMaly

Another excellent resource for researching JW beliefs is here: jwfacts.com.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Oct 30, 2015 - 11:02AM #9
Kemmer

UNIVERSITY “What though of higher education received in a college or university? ... Such education wastes valuable youthful years that could best be used in Jehovah's service.” Watchtower 2008 Apr 15 p.4

Is this why JWs I have met and interacted with, seem not to be terribly aware of anything outside of their magazines?

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Oct 30, 2015 - 2:14PM #10
Hmmm

Oct 29, 2015 -- 9:03PM, Newtonian wrote:

Ok, ignoring the ridiculous posts above. . .

So, Newt, you don't agree that some of the Kingdom Halls are singing Happy Trails and dressing up and using musical instruments? Or do you just don't know about them? Wink

The truth, the whole truth...and nothing but the truth?
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook