Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
2 years ago  ::  Oct 16, 2015 - 3:30PM #1
Oeste

As you know, Beliefnet is closing on Halloween (of all days) October 31, 2015.

On another thread, Chiliast asked about possible forums in the post-beliefnet world.

I have some criteria for posting on forums:

It should be moderated. For anyone who wants to see an unmoderated forum, go to Topix. It's the wild west over there.

It should be fair and allow for the widest audience possible. No trolling, but allow Baptists, Witnesses, Mormons, Pentecoastals, liberals, conservatives, moderates, and what have you to post. This means the moderators must not come down unevernly on one group or the other.

It should allow for  the banning of anyone who bullies or personally attacks another poster.

It shouldn't always be a free for all...For instance, if Christians just want to talk amongst other Christians they should be able to do that without Muslims getting involved. So there should be forums available for separate groups.

It should encourage courteous and civil discourse, which means defined rules of conduct.

It should actually have people who post there. I really don't want to respond to a post made in 2009.

With that in mind I have two so far that might be okay. Please check them out and suggest others if you run into them. We don't have much time.

www.debatingchristianity.com

www.religiousforums.com

Never argue with stupid people. They will drag
you down to their level and then beat you with
experience ~ Mark Twain

If you are neutral on situations of injustice
you have chosen the side of the oppressor ~
Desmond Tutu
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Oct 16, 2015 - 3:54PM #2
MrDave

Oeste:

Thanks for these, first I heard of them.

How about CARM? forums.carm.org/vbb/forum.php

I have posted there in past and I know HOLLYWOOD posts there.

DECISION DETERMINES DESTINY
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Oct 16, 2015 - 7:24PM #3
Hmmm

Here's one that I picked up from someone in another thread:

www.theologyonline.com/

Although, I doubt that I will be there since these forums seem to take a toll on me. Or perhaps I should say that I put too much time sitting in front of my computer reading and researching for these discussions. Whew!

The truth, the whole truth...and nothing but the truth?
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Oct 16, 2015 - 7:26PM #4
Hmmm

Oct 16, 2015 -- 7:24PM, Hmmm wrote:

Or perhaps I should say that I put too much time sitting in front of my computer reading and researching for these discussions. Whew!

And which is of course why I always end up being right. Wink  Tongue Out

Quick Reply
Cancel
1 year ago  ::  Oct 29, 2015 - 11:59PM #5
Newtonian

First of all - I am taking a break from posting for awhile next month - hope to work seldom worked territory.

But eventually I will post on Topix probably since I am registered there (if I am still after a long time being absent) as Newtonian - if not just to post where else I will post.

I may try groups from service providers like MSN, AOL, Yahoo, etc.

I used to post on space.com - they banned me years ago but they might let me back - I may try there as well.

Oh - Hmmm - I can't stay up till midnight - too tired!

Quick Reply
Cancel
1 year ago  ::  Oct 30, 2015 - 7:32AM #6
Newtonian

www.theologyonline.com/

Although, I doubt that I will be there since these forums seem to take a toll on me. Or perhaps I should say that I put too much time sitting in front of my computer reading and researching for these discussions. Whew!

So where will you be?  Or would you try Topix temporarily until we can find a better site - I will try to post there soon just to test the waters so to speak.

Quick Reply
Cancel
1 year ago  ::  Oct 30, 2015 - 8:46AM #7
AnnOMaly

I used to post on space.com - they banned me years ago ... 

I can't imagine why ;->

... but they might let me back - I may try there as well.

Oh Lordie, please no!

Quick Reply
Cancel
1 year ago  ::  Oct 30, 2015 - 1:50PM #8
Hmmm

Oct 30, 2015 -- 7:32AM, Newtonian wrote:

www.theologyonline.com/

So where will you be?  Or would you try Topix temporarily until we can find a better site - I will try to post there soon just to test the waters so to speak.

Newt...what does the Bible say about thinking ability? Therefore, if these forums seem to take a toll on me and I put too much time sitting in front of my computer reading and researching for these discussions...then if I probably won't be posting at www.theologyonline.com/, then I probably won't be posting.....(finish the sentence for me).

Quick Reply
Cancel
1 year ago  ::  Oct 31, 2015 - 6:52AM #9
Newtonian

Oct 30, 2015 -- 8:46AM, AnnOMaly wrote:

I used to post on space.com - they banned me years ago ... 

I can't imagine why ;->

... but they might let me back - I may try there as well.

Oh Lordie, please no!

Why not?   Astronomy is filled with evidence of Divine creation - just look at the pillars of creation!

Quick Reply
Cancel
1 year ago  ::  Oct 31, 2015 - 6:54AM #10
Newtonian

Hmmmm - So, try our websites - you will find them far more encouraging than the anti-witness sites you have referenced of late.

So, how about talkorigins?

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook