Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Page 3 of 3  •  Prev 1 2 3
Switch to Forum Live View Does Luke 1:32,33 tie in at all with Isaiah 9:6,7 and Daniel 2:44?
2 years ago  ::  Oct 30, 2015 - 8:23PM #21
Brainscramble

Yes, and I almost thought that the Bible students here would get the connection between the three verses I cited in the original post!  No one did.

Luke 1:32,33:  Gabriel told Mary she would have a son that would rule on "David's throne" forever.  To me, it would be a fulfillment of Isaiah 9:6,7 and Daniel 2:44, and is a no-brainer.Tongue Out

Isaiah 9:6,7:  "...There has been a son given to us; and the princely rule [government] will come to be upon his shoulder....To the abundance of the princely rule and to peace there will be no end, upon the throne of David and upon his kingdom."

Daniel 2:44:  "The God of heaven will set up a kingdom that will never be brought to ruin....It will crush and put an end to all these kingdoms, and it will stand forever."

I look at these scriptures and they are all talking about the same thing.....a government will replace all of men's governments and will rule forever, with peace that does not end.  Jesus will be its King, from the ancestral line of David.  I can't help wonder why people resist this.

And they say they worship Jesus.

To our almighty God and Father (of Christ and ourselves):  "Show them you alone are JEHOVAH, the Most High over all the earth."  (Psalm 83:18)
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Oct 31, 2015 - 4:54AM #22
Newtonian

Oct 30, 2015 -- 8:23PM, Brainscramble wrote:

Yes, and I almost thought that the Bible students here would get the connection between the three verses I cited in the original post!  No one did.

Luke 1:32,33:  Gabriel told Mary she would have a son that would rule on "David's throne" forever.  To me, it would be a fulfillment of Isaiah 9:6,7 and Daniel 2:44, and is a no-brainer.Tongue Out

Isaiah 9:6,7:  "...There has been a son given to us; and the princely rule [government] will come to be upon his shoulder....To the abundance of the princely rule and to peace there will be no end, upon the throne of David and upon his kingdom."

Daniel 2:44:  "The God of heaven will set up a kingdom that will never be brought to ruin....It will crush and put an end to all these kingdoms, and it will stand forever."

I look at these scriptures and they are all talking about the same thing.....a government will replace all of men's governments and will rule forever, with peace that does not end.  Jesus will be its King, from the ancestral line of David.  I can't help wonder why people resist this.

And they say they worship Jesus.

Certainly true Brain!   And, of course, Jesus is the Son of Man referred to in Daniel:

(Daniel 7:13, 14) . . .“I kept watching in the visions of the night, and look! with the clouds of the heavens, someone like a son of man was coming; and he gained access to the Ancient of Days, and they brought him up close before that One. 14 And to him there were given rulership, honor, and a kingdom, that the peoples, nations, and language groups should all serve him. His rulership is an everlasting rulership that will not pass away, and his kingdom will not be destroyed.

What amazes is me is the irony (or is it a paradox?) that those religions who claim we lower the position of Christ (since we reject the trinity doctrine) actually in real life lowered Jesus by obeying and even heiling Hitler!

Have you ever visited the U.S. Holocaust Museum in Washington D. C.?   We (my wife and I and friends) have - it has an excellent database and research room - accurately documenting our stand in Nazi occupied lands 1933 onward.

Clearly we obeyed Jesus as our King, while Christendom disobeyed Christ and opted for obeying (and even heiling) Hitler instead!

See:

www.ushmm.org/search/results/?q=Jehovah%...

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 3 of 3  •  Prev 1 2 3

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook