Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Page 12 of 12  •  Prev 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12
Switch to Forum Live View More Bibles now available at JW.org - including our Greek-English Interlinear
2 years ago  ::  Oct 31, 2015 - 10:47AM #111
Newtonian

Ann - Try posting some actual evidence - or commenting on thread theme.   I am not going to respond to your ridicule when there is only limited time to post the research data.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Oct 31, 2015 - 11:12AM #112
Newtonian

From this thread:

community.beliefnet.com/go/thread/view/4...(YHWH)_to_LORD_of_the_OT_to_Lord_of_the_NT?pg=10

This photo  and explanation:

The following for Fouad 266 is from the same source, this link:

www.divine-name.info/archaeology/foead.h...

With this explanation:

Foead 266

Date: 1st century B.C.

The Foead-papyrus collection (Foead; inv. n° 266) is in possession of the Société Egyptienne de Papyrologie in Caïro. This collection is dated from the 1st century B.C.

The collection was discovered in Egypt in 1939 and includes parts from the Bible books of Genesis and Deuteronomy. The Name cannot be found in the Genesis fragments, because the text is incomplete. But, in the book of Deuteronomy, in the midst of the Greek text, it is written 49 times in Hebrew characters. The Tetragrammaton can be found three more times in fragments that are not identified (fragments 116, 117 and 123).

IIn a commentary on this papyrus collection Paul Kahle wrote in 'Studia Evangelica', edited by Kurt Aland, F. L. Cross, Jean Danielou, Harald Riesenfeld and W. C. van Unnik, Berlin 1959, page 614:

“A distinguishing characteristic of the papyrus is the fact that the name of God is written as the Tetragrammaton in Hebrew square-shape. Upon my request made for an examination by father Vaccari in regards to the published fragments of the papyrus, he came to the conclusion that the papyrus must be written 400 years before the codex B, probably the most perfect text of the Septuagint that has reached us".

Facsimile made by B. Bonte 

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Oct 31, 2015 - 11:18AM #113
AnnOMaly

Oct 31, 2015 -- 10:47AM, Newtonian wrote:

Ann - Try posting some actual evidence - or commenting on thread theme.   I am not going to respond to your ridicule when there is only limited time to post the research data.

You're panicking/rushing to get your final words in and getting confused. You claimed FPD hadn't addressed the mss. you produced and that he used rhetoric as an excuse. I was responding to the accusation YOU made about FPD.

Just to add, I'm glad you're bumping these 'Divine Name' threads because they well illustrate how FPD and others adeptly addressed your arguments.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 12 of 12  •  Prev 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook