Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Page 5 of 5  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5
Switch to Forum Live View What have you learned?
2 years ago  ::  Oct 30, 2015 - 12:21PM #41
Svetlana

Oct 29, 2015 -- 10:27PM, Newtonian wrote:

Now everyone will see Oeste's lies and deceptions for what they are!  But Oeste did throw in a few true statements, which I also noted.

(I am not ignoring all your answers, but they will be right above this post forever anyway, so I've cut my own post shorter.)

They will see the current twist you've put on things, to refute here and now what you have spent a great deal of time defending all over this board, Newt.  Just one example:  You say that true worship is NOT only found in a Kingdom Hall, then quote scripture to back up your answer.  Any interested investigator, however, can find numerous threads on this board in which JWs cite all the reasons they, themselves, are forbidden to attend worship anywhere but in a KH (all of which are lies, of course, and you are forbidden to attend so that you don't realize that), and all the reasons we will only get to live in the presence of God if we attend KH worship ONLY.  It's all here.  Oeste's summation was correct, according to your GB, and that's just one example.  

Another point from Oeste's list:  He posted that the GB is fallible, and "fallible" means "never having to say you're sorry."  You call that a lie.  We've been over this and over this.  Whenever another change in teachings has been revealed, the GB had NEVER ONCE apologized for getting wrong the first, or even the second, time.  They just don't.  You must, under threat of punishment, accept their version of what Scripture says, and if that version turns out to be wrong, they do NOT apologize for punishing those who understood it correctly before they did.  That's been proved documented conclusively, you know.  Again. Oeste got it right, and investigators will see that again and again in these threads.

Again, I respect and admire your attempts to make your GB sound more reasonable and more Christian, but they themselves defeat your efforts every time, publically and shamelessly.  We KNOW what they teach, we are handed their teachings everytime one of you comes to our door, and you, yourself, give us the links to read it all for ourselves.  Oeste's list is spot-on, and the GB proves over and over.

(There are other organizations that have leaders, like the GB, who must never be questioned, and they fall into the same error.  These leaders almost never hear the truth, because everyone who addresses them knows the truth will be punished.  Their world is designed so that others bear the consequences of the leaders' mistakes (and/or lies). Hearing only what they want to hear, they lose all touch with reality and therefore, they don't realize their own contradictions or how very demonstrably wrong they often are.  Neither do they bear the consequences of sounding like out and out fools, consequences that would correct that foolishness. Being surrounded only by "yes men" sounds very pleasant, but the consequences are rather unpleasant for these leaders.)

"No matter how big and bad you are, when a two-year-old hands you a toy phone, you answer it."  ~ (common sense)

"Never place a period where God has placed a comma."  ~ Gracie Allen

"I care not for a man's religion whose dog and cat are not the better for it." ~ Abraham Lincoln

"I wonder sometimes if we ever give God a headache." ~ Dontay Hall, age 8
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Oct 31, 2015 - 10:14AM #42
Karma_yeshe_dorje

Lies and Satan--how black-and-white is rejection rather than discussing!

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Oct 31, 2015 - 11:21AM #43
Karma_yeshe_dorje

Oeste (at #50):

As everyone here can plainly notice, my comment of what we've learned (not what we taught, as we don't think up these things) from our JW friends are all lies and Satanic.

One might yell at a salt-shaker the denunciation that it is in one's opinion instead a pepper-shaker! Yet this is only mental gymnastics--it does not otherwise turn salt into pepper.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Oct 31, 2015 - 2:00PM #44
Oeste

Oct 31, 2015 -- 11:21AM, Karma_yeshe_dorje wrote:

Oeste (at #50):

As everyone here can plainly notice, my comment of what we've learned (not what we taught, as we don't think up these things) from our JW friends are all lies and Satanic.

One might yell at a salt-shaker the denunciation that it is in one's opinion instead a pepper-shaker! Yet this is only mental gymnastics--it does not otherwise turn salt into pepper.

Agreed.

I'm hoping that our JW friends will eventually take the hard road and discuss things, rather than the easy road that just labels them. Laughing

Never argue with stupid people. They will drag
you down to their level and then beat you with
experience ~ Mark Twain

If you are neutral on situations of injustice
you have chosen the side of the oppressor ~
Desmond Tutu
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Oct 31, 2015 - 2:37PM #45
Newtonian

Svetlana - You posted (before biased rhetoric):

Another point from Oeste's list:  He posted that the GB is fallible, and "fallible" means "never having to say you're sorry."  You call that a lie.

So, then, you think Oeste doesn't know what "fallible" means?   Because he is giving a false definition.

www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/falli...

"capable of making a mistake "

And so we have always taught that our literature is fallible and not miraculously inspired by holy spirit while the Bible alone is infallible.

A brief summary of our teachings on this is in this excerpt from our 3/22/93 "Awake!" article entitled "Why so many false alarms?" - from page 4

"Jehovah’s Witnesses, in their eagerness for Jesus’ second coming, have suggested dates that turned out to be incorrect. Because of this, some have called them false prophets. Never in these instances, however, did they presume to originate predictions ‘in the name of Jehovah.’ Never did they say, ‘These are the words of Jehovah.’ The Watchtower, the official journal of Jehovah’s Witnesses, has said: “We have not the gift of prophecy.” (January 1883, page 425) “Nor would we have our writings reverenced or regarded as infallible.” (December 15, 1896, page 306) The Watchtower has also said that the fact that some have Jehovah’s spirit “does not mean those now serving as Jehovah’s witnesses are inspired. It does not mean that the writings in this magazine The Watchtower are inspired and infallible and without mistakes.” (May 15, 1947, page 157) “The Watchtower does not claim to be inspired in its utterances, nor is it dogmatic.” (August 15, 1950, page 263) “The brothers preparing these publications are not infallible. Their writings are not inspired as are those of Paul and the other Bible writers. (2 Tim. 3:16) And so, at times, it has been necessary, as understanding became clearer, to correct views. (Prov. 4:18)”—February 15, 1981, page 19."

More recently (2013) is this excerpt from our 1/1/13 Watchtower article concerning the end of the world - fear, fascination and frustration:

wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2013003#h=42...

HAVE JEHOVAH’S WITNESSES GIVEN INCORRECT DATES FOR THE END?

Jehovah’s Witnesses have had wrong expectations about when the end would come. Like Jesus’ first-century disciples, we have sometimes looked forward to the fulfillment of prophecy ahead of God’s timetable. (Luke 19:11; Acts 1:6; 2 Thessalonians 2:1, 2) We agree with the sentiment of longtime Witness A. H. Macmillan, who said: “I learned that we should admit our mistakes and continue searching God’s Word for more enlightenment.”

Why, then, do we continue to highlight the nearness of the end? Because we take seriously Jesus’ words: “Keep looking, keep awake.” The alternative, to be found “sleeping” by Jesus, would prevent us from gaining his favor. (Mark 13:33, 36) Why?

Consider this example: A lookout in a fire tower might see what he thinks is a wisp of smoke on the horizon and sound what proves to be a false alarm. Later, though, his alertness could save lives.

Likewise, we have had some wrong expectations about the end. But we are more concerned with obeying Jesus and saving lives than with avoiding criticism. Jesus’ command to “give a thorough witness” compels us to warn others about the end.Acts 10:42.

We believe that even more important than focusing on when the end will come, we must be confident that it will come, and we must act accordingly. We take seriously the words of Habakkuk 2:3, which says: “Even if [the end] should delay [compared to what you thought], keep in expectation of it; for it will without fail come true. It will not be late.”

So, do you consider Jonah a false prophet because he proclaimed Nineveh would be destroyed in 40 days but the destruction was delayed?

Do you, like the evil slave, beat fellow slaves of Jesus over this seeming delay?

(Matthew 24:45-49) . . .“Who really is the faithful and discreet slave whom his master appointed over his domestics, to give them their food at the proper time? 46 Happy is that slave if his master on coming finds him doing so! 47 Truly I say to you, he will appoint him over all his belongings. 48 “But if ever that evil slave says in his heart, ‘My master is delaying,’ 49 and he starts to beat his fellow slaves . . .

Jonah recorded his errors - but he did take note of why the delay - it is Jehovah's personality - which you are missing:

(Jonah 3:10-4:2) 10 When the true God saw what they did, how they had turned back from their evil ways, he reconsidered the calamity that he said he would bring on them, and he did not bring it. 4 But this was highly displeasing to Jo′nah, and he became hot with anger. 2 So he prayed to Jehovah: “Ah, now, Jehovah, was this not my concern when I was in my own land? That is why I tried to flee to Tar′shish in the first place; for I knew that you are a compassionate and merciful God, slow to anger and abundant in loyal love, one who feels grieved over calamity.

Jehovah's Witnesses are fully devoted to preaching the good news of God's Kingdom - and the reason for the seeming delay is one reason why - it is the reason the good news has to be preached first:

(Matthew 24:14) And this good news of the Kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come.

(Mark 13:10) Also, in all the nations, the good news has to be preached first.

Do you know what that reason is?

I'll give you two hints:

1.  2 Peter 3:9

2.  Is the same reason for the delay in the destruction of Nineveh - it is the outcome Jehovah wanted for the Ninevites - and why?   See John 3:16.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 5 of 5  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook