Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Page 36 of 36  •  Prev 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36
Switch to Forum Live View Show me in scripture we are born with a sin nature &
2 years ago  ::  Oct 27, 2015 - 10:27PM #351
Utilyan

Oct 27, 2015 -- 10:06PM, Jenandew7 wrote:

There is a HUGE difference between claiming that we should do what Jesus taught us to do and proclaiming our own works.

And I do wish you really would "Go read all about Him."

Its like some folks say Believe everything we say Jesus is, but don't actually do anything he says to do.   Its crazy.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Oct 27, 2015 - 10:53PM #352
Rgurley4

Uti...Believe everything we say Jesus is, but don't actually do anything he says to do.

I believe everything in the Bible about who Jesus the Christ is, what He said, what He did, and what He wants us to do. With God's help, I try to keep His precepts and follow His example.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Oct 28, 2015 - 11:24AM #353
Utilyan

Oct 27, 2015 -- 10:53PM, Rgurley4 wrote:

Uti...Believe everything we say Jesus is, but don't actually do anything he says to do.

I believe everything in the Bible about who Jesus the Christ is, what He said, what He did, and what He wants us to do. With God's help, I try to keep His precepts and follow His example.

Yeah you believe what he said right?

Mark 6

25“Whenever you stand praying, forgive, if you have anything against anyone, so that your Father who is in heaven will also forgive you your transgressions. 26[“But if you do not forgive, neither will your Father who is in heaven forgive your transgressions.”]

Matthew 6

14“For if you forgive others for their transgressions, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. 15“But if you do not forgive others, then your Father will not forgive your transgressions.

Reading this bible line I could ask a 5-year old who God doesn't forgive,   he'll tell you its those who don't forgive others.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fCoOGuJEgA

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Oct 28, 2015 - 2:12PM #354
Jenandew7

Oct 27, 2015 -- 10:27PM, Utilyan wrote:

There is a HUGE difference between claiming that we should do what Jesus taught us to do and proclaiming our own works.

Its like some folks say Believe everything we say Jesus is, but don't actually do anything he says to do.   Its crazy.

It is crazy!  Like, WHO IS our Lord and Savior, anyway?!  Is it Paul?

Well, I follow Jesus and Paul told us that clearly in the beginning of 1 Cor.  *lol*

If you pour yourself out for the hungry and satisfy the desire of the afflicted, then shall your light rise in the darkness and your gloom be as the noonday. --Isaiah 58:10
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Oct 29, 2015 - 8:59AM #355
InHisHands

Oct 28, 2015 -- 2:12PM, Jenandew7 wrote:

Well, I follow Jesus and Paul told us that clearly in the beginning of 1 Cor.  *lol*

You follow Jesus?

WHY?  Why do you follow Jesus?  because his words sounded good and right, or because without HIM you really can't be justified in the sight of GOD?

Which is it?

Can you follow Jesus, not believing THE TRUTH, and still justify YOURSELF before GOD?

Just wondering.

How about BELIEVING E V E R Y T H I N G HE SAID HE IS and then finding out what pleases HIM AND DOING IT BECAUSE HE IS WHO HE SAYS HE IS?

How about THAT CONCEPT! 

Do you call HIM LORD AND MASTER????

Or do you NOT call HIM LORD AND MASTER????

In human terms, LORD and MASTER implies ONE SUPERIOR and worthy of our obedience because HE has authority over us...

Do you agree?

And how does HE have authority over us?  Because HIS WORD sounds good to follow?  Or because HE purchased us at a COSTLY and PRECIOUS PRICE?

Just wondering.

And WHY...do you call HIM SAVIOR?

If one doesn't want to be saved, or feels he has no need of a savior, is he saved?

Just wondering.

And if he doesn't have a need for a savior, if he does the works of following the savior, can he justify himself, even if he doesn't believe he really had a need for the SAVING WORK OF JESUS CHRIST????????

Just wondering.

Who is being exalted, and who WILL be exalted?

Man believing the works that he does will justify him in the sight of GOD?

Or the man who knows THE TRUTH and his need of a SAVIOR and does the works because of his LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE for his SAVIOR, knowing that apart from him, how could he do ANYTHING????????

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Oct 31, 2015 - 5:42AM #356
Utilyan

Oct 29, 2015 -- 8:59AM, InHisHands wrote:

Oct 28, 2015 -- 2:12PM, Jenandew7 wrote:

You follow Jesus?

WHY?  Why do you follow Jesus?  because his words sounded good and right, or because without HIM you really can't be justified in the sight of GOD?

Which is it?

Can you follow Jesus, not believing THE TRUTH, and still justify YOURSELF before GOD?

Just wondering.

How about BELIEVING E V E R Y T H I N G HE SAID HE IS and then finding out what pleases HIM AND DOING IT BECAUSE HE IS WHO HE SAYS HE IS?

How about THAT CONCEPT! 

Do you call HIM LORD AND MASTER????

Or do you NOT call HIM LORD AND MASTER????

In human terms, LORD and MASTER implies ONE SUPERIOR and worthy of our obedience because HE has authority over us...

Do you agree?

And how does HE have authority over us?  Because HIS WORD sounds good to follow?  Or because HE purchased us at a COSTLY and PRECIOUS PRICE?

Just wondering.

And WHY...do you call HIM SAVIOR?

If one doesn't want to be saved, or feels he has no need of a savior, is he saved?

Just wondering.

And if he doesn't have a need for a savior, if he does the works of following the savior, can he justify himself, even if he doesn't believe he really had a need for the SAVING WORK OF JESUS CHRIST????????

Just wondering.

Who is being exalted, and who WILL be exalted?

Man believing the works that he does will justify him in the sight of GOD?

Or the man who knows THE TRUTH and his need of a SAVIOR and does the works because of his LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE for his SAVIOR, knowing that apart from him, how could he do ANYTHING????????

I follow because his words sounded good and right.

John 10

26“But you do not believe because you are not of My sheep. 27“My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me;

Matthew 23

11“But the greatest among you shall be your servant.

Its the fact My God doesn't step on anyone's neck makes him "superior".   His children ride on his shoulders rather then crush them under his feet.

Those who love Jesus might know folks who are victim to evil,   But those who hate Christ only know people who are guilty of evil.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Nov 01, 2015 - 9:49AM #357
Eliascomes

It is in our nature to get upset or angry quickly when someone does wrong to us, but God is slow to anger. And so that is why He is giving us His spirit so that we will feel the same way He feel about us, and to understand Him. 

Matthew 15:18 But the things that come out of a person’s mouth come from the heart, and these defile them.

Mark 7:21 For it is from within, out of a person’s heart, that evil thoughts come—sexual immorality, theft, murder,

Mark 2:8 Immediately Jesus knew in his spirit that this was what they were thinking in their hearts, and he said to them, “Why are you thinking these things?

Luke 2:35 so that the thoughts of many hearts will be revealed. And a sword will pierce your own soul too.”

Acts 2:46 Every day they continued to meet together in the temple courts. They broke bread in their homes and ate together with glad and sincere hearts,

Acts 4:32 All the believers were one in heart and mind. No one claimed that any of their possessions was their own, but they shared everything they had.

Acts 7:39 “But our ancestors refused to obey him. Instead, they rejected him and in their hearts turned back to Egypt.

Acts 7:51 “You stiff-necked people! Your hearts and ears are still uncircumcised. You are just like your ancestors: You always resist the Holy Spirit!

Acts 13:22 After removing Saul, he made David their king. God testified concerning him: ‘I have found David son of Jesse, a man after my own heart; he will do everything I want him to do.’

Jonah 4:2 He prayed to the Lord, “Isn’t this what I said, Lord, when I was still at home? That is what I tried to forestall by fleeing to Tarshish. I knew that you are a gracious and compassionate God, slow to anger and abounding in love, a God who relents from sending calamity.

Ephesians 4:32 Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.

1 Peter 3:8  Finally, all of you, be like-minded, be sympathetic, love one another, be compassionate and humble.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 36 of 36  •  Prev 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook