Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Page 1 of 4  •  1 2 3 4 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Discuss Jehovah's Witnesses Forum's Greatest Hits
2 years ago  ::  Sep 18, 2015 - 7:24PM #1
Hmmm
Hi, all. Since the forums will be closing in October, I thought I'd start this thread. Also, I know that there are no such things as 'Greatest Hits' threads, however, I thought that that name was catchier and more fun that something like, "Your Favorites Threads and Posts in the Discuss Jehovah's Witnesses forum." Smile

But in this thread, I wanted to ask people to either mention there favorite threads or favorite posts along with their links from this forum. And your favorite posts don't have to come from your favorite threads, however, you can mention a favorite post which happens to come from a favorite thread that you listed.

But I'll let someone else go first...just in case no one responds to this thread...and this thread itself doesn't become one of this forum's greatest hits. Surprised
The truth, the whole truth...and nothing but the truth?
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Sep 18, 2015 - 8:03PM #2
Kemmer

I notice Newtonian has pretty much abandoned the JW board, and is burningup the Christianity board.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Sep 18, 2015 - 8:07PM #3
Kemmer

I really enjoyed--a few years ago--when Newt described in detail Noah's ark and its provisions.

And then 'Older', telling us how the Vestal Virgins paraded through Constantinople with candles on their heads celebrating Christmas.  She also said the Vestals were prostitutes who gave their earnings to the emporer.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Sep 18, 2015 - 10:01PM #4
Hmmm

Sep 18, 2015 -- 8:03PM, Kemmer wrote:

I notice Newtonian has pretty much abandoned the JW board, and is burningup the Christianity board.

Yes, Newtonian seems to have found some new and unsuspecting people over there to evangelize to. Cool (Just kidding, Newtonian.) Wink

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Sep 18, 2015 - 10:02PM #5
Hmmm

Sep 18, 2015 -- 8:07PM, Kemmer wrote:

I really enjoyed--a few years ago--when Newt described in detail Noah's ark and its provisions.

He did? I don't think that I remember that one.

And then 'Older', telling us how the Vestal Virgins paraded through Constantinople with candles on their heads celebrating Christmas.  She also said the Vestals were prostitutes who gave their earnings to the emporer.

Ha ha! Yes, older was one of a kind. Smile

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Sep 18, 2015 - 10:15PM #6
Hmmm

And I like the "Romans 1:20 - learning about God through all fields of scientific study" thread started by Newtonian:

community.beliefnet.com/go/thread/view/4...

I like the arguments, I like the humor, and I like the images that I posted in that thread. Wink Plus, I like post 58 in that thread because the video clip in it always cracks me up:

community.beliefnet.com/go/thread/view/4...

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Sep 18, 2015 - 11:30PM #7
Upperlimits

I gotta confess: I miss "Older," too. She was fun to razz a bit. 

One of my favorite threads was when she found an "archaeological web site" that claimed to have found the "actual location" of the Red Sea Crossing in Exodus.

Hmmmm.... I wonder if anybody ever has found that famous "Lost Crock of Hookie Balookey?" (Maybe that's where she's been....  she's out looking for it!)

Gotta love her though. Faithful to the end. Although we've never heard, I suspect she's passed on by now.

According to 2nd Corinthians 3:2, there are five gospels in the world. Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, and the Epistle of ones own life.  Most people will probably never read the first four.

God desires that our lives would bear spiritual fruit - not religious nuts.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Sep 19, 2015 - 12:52AM #8
Kemmer

Older reported that after witnessing a rainstorm wash away a deep gully, "it was obvious that the Grand Canyon could have formed in less than a week."

Quick Reply
Cancel
1 year ago  ::  Sep 30, 2015 - 8:34PM #9
Newtonian

Sep 18, 2015 -- 10:02PM, Hmmm wrote:

He did? I don't think that I remember that one.

Ha ha! Yes, older was one of a kind. Smile

Yes, we miss older.   I always tried to defend her from the ridicule she got.

And, yes, my thread on Noah's ark was one of my favorites - I really had a lot of fun envisioning what it would be like to be an organic gardener on the Ark.

I'll try to bump the thread.

Quick Reply
Cancel
1 year ago  ::  Oct 16, 2015 - 5:40PM #10
Hmmm

Another one of my favorite threads in this forum is the "What is Jehovah's size/dimensions? What is the size/dimensions of the heaven(s) where God dwells?" thread:

community.beliefnet.com/go/thread/view/4...(s)_where_God_dwells

for reason that perhaps I should not mention. Sealed 

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 4  •  1 2 3 4 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook