Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Page 1 of 6  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
2 years ago  ::  Sep 06, 2015 - 1:45PM #1
Aka_me

guess it's time we hold some funerals eh?

what funerals you ask?

for the numerous horses that were supposedly dead without ever being addressed.

where was Heavenly Father standing before the big bang?

how do you know today's homophobia is different than yesterday's racism?

why don't some people get burning in the bossom when praying about the BoM?

how did JS cherry pick which parts of the OT need restoring and which parts don't (such as owning concubines)?

I dream in my lifetime uhmericans will come to realize hezbollah, hamas, and isis gain followers by helping society AND the only way to defeat them is to perform greater good.

the average person is 8 times more likely to be murdered by a cop than a radical terrorist
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Sep 10, 2015 - 3:42PM #2
Ironhold

Sep 6, 2015 -- 1:45PM, Aka_me wrote:

This is important how now?

Define "homophobia". 

Too many "progressives" and would-be victims are too quick to label anything and everything as being discriminatory, and so we now need to know individual definitions.

Don't know about anyone else, but I've seen quite a few instances in which people had already made up their minds ahead of time and were looking for any excuse to reject the BoM. 

how did JS cherry pick which parts of the OT need restoring and which parts don't (such as owning concubines)?

"Cherry-picking"? 

Mind not being insulting?

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Sep 11, 2015 - 10:25AM #3
Kemmer

Sep 10, 2015 -- 3:42PM, Ironhold wrote:

why don't some people get burning in the bossom when praying about the BoM?]

Don't know about anyone else, but I've seen quite a few instances in which people had already made up their minds ahead of time and were looking for any excuse to reject the BoM.

I dunno.  The total absence of any material evidence whatsoever that the BoM has any truth to it might be start.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Sep 11, 2015 - 10:26AM #4
Aka_me

Sep 6, 2015 -- 1:45PM, Aka_me wrote:

This is important how now?

as the site goes read only, the only item for future readers to leave with is the realization of the issues that cannot be answered or addressed.

the premise of God having a physical body does NOT jive with science (ie big bang theory)

an issue as foundationally impossible as this... renders the premise null and void.

I dream in my lifetime uhmericans will come to realize hezbollah, hamas, and isis gain followers by helping society AND the only way to defeat them is to perform greater good.

the average person is 8 times more likely to be murdered by a cop than a radical terrorist
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Sep 11, 2015 - 10:34AM #5
Aka_me

Define "homophobia". 

Too many "progressives" and would-be victims are too quick to label anything and everything as being discriminatory, and so we now need to know individual definitions.

intolerance to same sex marriage, ie prop 8.

if you like, we could open the question up to "any time the church leaders speak... how do you know whether they are speaking from a prejudiced bias like the officially acknowledged racial prejudice FALSELY attributed to God in COMPLETE violation of Deuteronomy"?

do you know the Bible well enough to know where it says "don't put words in God's mouth?"

and whether doing so carries any punshment?

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Sep 11, 2015 - 10:36AM #6
Aka_me

I'm not following if "quite a few" is supposed to cover "all the cases"?

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Sep 11, 2015 - 10:40AM #7
Aka_me

"Cherry-picking"? 

Mind not being insulting?

it wasn't intended to be insulting. cherry picking means selecting the best or most desirable.

trying to restore the ownership of concubines would certainly not be among the best Old Testament items to use when proselytizing would it?

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Sep 11, 2015 - 1:31PM #8
Kemmer

"Cherry-picking" is what fundamentalists do best.  The posterboy for cherry-picking is ol' Leviticus, with all of his thou-shallt-nots which are largely ignorned today except for those which feed into already well-established prejudices.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Oct 06, 2015 - 1:51PM #9
Aka_me

did the Spirit of Discernment ever exist? because it was either BROKEN or ON VACATION as church leaders were acquiring Mark Hoffman forgeries, which they hilariously and cluelessly stashed RIGHT NEXT to the actual original document in first president's vault.

broken (or shall we say never existed) Spirit of Discernment demonstrates there is no "power and authority in God's name".

with the priesthood being an imaginary thing... there is no need to listen to fallible old white men.

exaltation is impossible given what is commonly referred to as science

because no prime mover existed BEFORE the big bang.

if LDS read the Bible

they would be capable of explaining what happens when a prophet falsely puts words in God's mouth

by violating the Bible... there can be no claim to believing it let alone "restoring" it.

maybe God doesn't hear these people

may He doesn't know these people exist

maybe there was never any promise to answer this question in the first place?

what "restoration criteria" did owning concubines NOT MEET

which prevented it from being restored?

incompatibililty with science, and not believing in the Bible are pretty big deals.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Oct 06, 2015 - 6:53PM #10
Ironhold

Oct 6, 2015 -- 1:51PM, Aka_me wrote:

if LDS read the Bible

This right here is going to absolutely infuriate the average person you're trying to talk to.

You're doing what so many other anti-Mormons have done by alleging that we Mormons are ignorant beasts, hence why we remain Mormon. 

Nobody's going to care about the rest of your post after this. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 6  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook