Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

2 years ago  ::  Sep 05, 2015 - 12:07PM #1
Upperlimits

John 7:24 says, "Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment."

A lot of times on the forums, we are very quick to judge the actions and motives of others and in the process - and in order to bolster our own position - we attribute the worst possible meaning to what they are trying to communicate. Part of this, I think, is learning to communicate. The other part is learning to listen to others. We don't often know all the facts.

The following video is actually an advertisement for security cameras. It's in another language that I don't understand. Chances are that you probably won't understand it either. But it has a message that really doesn't need any words to convey the story. Personally, I found its message will really makes one think about how they judge the things around them.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-fvxEq_3DA

Something to think about....

According to 2nd Corinthians 3:2, there are five gospels in the world. Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, and the Epistle of ones own life.  Most people will probably never read the first four.

God desires that our lives would bear spiritual fruit - not religious nuts.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Sep 07, 2015 - 9:25AM #2
Newtonian

Hi Upperlimits - good subject - sorry I have no time right now to watch the video.

I agree we should be careful not to judge others - as per this from Jesus as well:

(John 12:46-49) 46 I have come as a light into the world, so that everyone putting faith in me may not remain in the darkness. 47 But if anyone hears my sayings and does not keep them, I do not judge him; for I came, not to judge the world, but to save the world. 48 Whoever disregards me and does not receive my sayings has one to judge him. The word that I have spoken is what will judge him on the last day. 49 For I have not spoken of my own initiative, but the Father who sent me has himself given me a commandment about what to say and what to speak.

(Matthew 7:1) . . .“Stop judging that you may not be judged;

Yet Jesus also warned:

(Matthew 7:6) . . .“Do not give what is holy to dogs nor throw your pearls before swine, so that they may never trample them under their feet and turn around and rip you open.

Obviously one must judge who is 'swine' to avoid this.

I err on the side of not judging usually - and often end up getting 'ripped  open' as well by posters who are inclined to be that way.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Sep 07, 2015 - 12:14PM #3
Upperlimits

Sep 7, 2015 -- 9:25AM, Newtonian wrote:

Hi Upperlimits - good subject - sorry I have no time right now to watch the video.

Well, if you find in your busy schedule that you can spare 5 minutes and 32 seconds, it's well worth the view.

It might even put a lump in your throat...

According to 2nd Corinthians 3:2, there are five gospels in the world. Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, and the Epistle of ones own life.  Most people will probably never read the first four.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Sep 07, 2015 - 2:38PM #4
Newtonian

Sep 7, 2015 -- 12:14PM, Upperlimits wrote:

Sep 7, 2015 -- 9:25AM, Newtonian wrote:

Well, if you find in your busy schedule that you can spare 5 minutes and 32 seconds, it's well worth the view.

It might even put a lump in your throat...

Well, I didn't have 5 minutes more - in fact just posting made me 2 minutes late to our field service (door to door ministry, and return visits).

But now I do have time - and the video is next on my list of things to do now.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Sep 07, 2015 - 2:47PM #5
Newtonian

Ok, Upper limits - that was sad.

Obviously the man did not love his neighbor like the Proverbial good Samaritan.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Sep 07, 2015 - 10:48PM #6
Upperlimits

Sep 7, 2015 -- 2:47PM, Newtonian wrote:

Ok, Upper limits - that was sad.

Obviously the man did not love his neighbor like the Proverbial good Samaritan.

I agree. It was a very sad story. But I think it brings up a good point to think about. We never really know the whole story quite as good as we think we do.

Of course, in the story this man had the truth at his fingertips the whole time. He just chose not to look at it until it was too late. Certainly the man would have treated the beggar differently had he taken the time to care for him. (and perhaps check his video a bit more often....)

The message in the story made me think about some of the things I've said and done. And it caused me to wonder just how some things I've done (even in His name) might look from the Lord's perspective.

Did the story have any effect on you?

Quick Reply
Cancel
1 year ago  ::  Oct 30, 2015 - 12:05AM #7
Newtonian

Yes.  But I would never do what that man did in the first place - it was not kind or loving.

The golden rule applies - he should have applied it.

We all should.

And, yes, sometimes posters get my goat, so to speak - I too need to stop judging - I need to stop saying things are lies just because I think they are when the poster may simply be mistaken - or, perish the thought - I might be mistaken!

Thanks for the humble pie.  I need to have some too!

Quick Reply
Cancel
1 year ago  ::  Oct 30, 2015 - 9:11PM #8
Upperlimits

Oct 30, 2015 -- 12:05AM, Newtonian wrote:

Yes.  But I would never do what that man did in the first place - it was not kind or loving.

The golden rule applies - he should have applied it.

We all should.

And, yes, sometimes posters get my goat, so to speak - I too need to stop judging - I need to stop saying things are lies just because I think they are when the poster may simply be mistaken - or, perish the thought - I might be mistaken!

Thanks for the humble pie.  I need to have some too!

You are most welcome my friend. It's been great discussing and debating with you. Hope to get an email soon.

~ later, UL

Quick Reply
Cancel
1 year ago  ::  Oct 31, 2015 - 4:10AM #9
Newtonian

OK, time to respond to my PM's and to send some.

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook