Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Page 1 of 40  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 40 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Hell's Population Clock
3 years ago  ::  Jan 07, 2015 - 10:01AM #1
weberhome02

The data compiled in this post is based upon the possibility that traditional Christianity's perception of Jesus Christ and the hereafter is correct; and the Watch Tower Society's perception is wrong. Caveat Lector.

According to Jesus Christ's testimony as an expert witness in all matters pertaining to the afterlife; most of the world's responsible souls haven't been making it to safety when they cross over to the other side.

†. Luke 13:22-24 . . And he went through the cities and villages, teaching, and journeying toward Jerusalem. Then said one unto him, master, are there few that be saved? And he said unto them: Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able.

†. Matt 7:13-14 . . Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

†. Matt 22:14 . . For many are called, but few are chosen.

Webster's defines "many" as consisting of, or amounting to, a large but indefinite number; while "few" is defined as consisting of, or amounting to, only a small number; viz: relative to many then, few is the lesser. Bear with me while I flesh this out.

According to the US Census Bureau: as of Jan 07, 2015 @ 08:45 am New York time, the resident population in the United States was approximately 320,125,292 with a death rate of approximately one every 12 seconds; which translates to an average of 7,200 American deaths of all ages, races, and genders during just one 24-hour calendar day.

According to 2009 US Census data; roughly 27.3% of America's daily deaths are under the age of 19, which would indicate that approximately 52,344 of the current daily death rate of 7,200 per 24 hours are adults. Giving the "many" the benefit of the doubt by limiting their maximum percentage to 51%, would indicate a minimum of 2,669 American adults transferring to perdition every day: which translates to roughly 111 per hour.

That's a very conservative estimate as Jesus Christ didn't really specify exact percentages to represent the quantities of "few" and "many". But just think: by the time CBS completes its half-hour evening news report, a bare-bones minimum of 55 Americans become new arrivals in the fiery sector of the netherworld.

Using the ratio of 2,669 condemned souls per 320,125,292 population: computing the number of condemned souls worldwide from a currently estimated global population of 7,216,349,990 people, would suggest something like 60,165 new arrivals in the fiery sector of the netherworld every 24 hours; which translates to 2,507 souls every sixty minutes on the clock.

That rate would fill the 51,800 seats of the new Yankee Stadium to capacity in roughly 20 hours and 40 minutes. In other words: if the world's daily number of condemned souls started filing into the stadium at 06:00 am this morning, then by 02:40 am tomorrow, the stadium would be full to capacity.

Christmas and New Year's are even worse. A study done of 26 years of death certificates shows that coronary fatalities are, on average, 11.9% higher on those days than any other days of the year; with non-heart deaths spiking to 12.2% higher.

Traditional Christianity's hell never closes; no, not at all: it's open for business 24/7/365 nonstop and indifferent to global warming, Wall Street crashes, massive layoffs, outsourcing, high school shootings, terrorism, tsunamis, earthquakes, nuclear meltdowns, air, water, and soil pollution, freeway pile-ups, brown-outs, threatened species, gasoline prices, student debt, GMO, trade deficits, Federal debt, factory recalls, overpopulation, desertification, genocides, revolutions, civil wars, acid rain, road rage, conscious decoupling, ISIS, gay marriage, Obamacare, blood diamonds, fracking, twerking, Oprah's millions, and Letterman's retirement.

If traditional Christianity's perception of Jesus Christ and the hereafter is correct; then it's apparent that souls never stop cascading into the pits of hell in an endless procession like the unbelievable millions of poultry broilers passing annually through Tyson chicken-processing plants on their way to Wendy's, McDonalds, Carl's Junior, Jack in the Box, Burger King, In'n'Out Burger, KFC, A&W, Arby's, Dairy Queen, Taco Bell, et al; and to supermarkets and restaurants all over the USA and wherever else Tyson vends its meats. The slaughtering and the butchering never stop.

====================================

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jan 07, 2015 - 10:09AM #2
Goodtobehomestill

I saw a cute 'meme' the other day, it said, 'my mind is a dangerous place, I try not to go there alone.'

Weberhome, your mind may or may not be a dangerous place, but it certainly appears to have a lot of thoughts in it that aren't much fun.  

Do you really compile and contemplate this stuff as much as it appears from your posts?

For the sake of clarity and to take the easy road on this one, Jehovah's Witnesses deny any possibility of a God who created a place of torment, and to get simple scriptural reasoning on this please go  ---- http://www.jw.org/en/bible-teachings/questions/what-is-hell/

“People are not disturbed by things, but by the views they take of them.”
― Epictetus

Life is like photography, you need a clear lens, and the picture you get depends on what you focus on.

Anger stems from irrational beliefs about others, anxiety stems from irrational beliefs about yourself.---Spencer Lord, The Brain Mechanic
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jan 07, 2015 - 10:19AM #3
weberhome02

Jan 7, 2015 -- 10:09AM, Goodtobehomestill wrote:

Do you really compile and contemplate this stuff as much as it appears from your posts?

Yes.

==========================================

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jan 07, 2015 - 10:39AM #4
Goodtobehomestill

I agree with Jesus that the way is narrow etc.

Just not that the broad way leads to anything as dire as the Hell you are referring to.  

Jesus came so that mankind might be reconciled to God.  Reconciliation under duress, because you don't want to be tortured by the Being who wants you to be reunited with him, just doesn't even feel like anything a thinking creature would want.  

Just looking around at Creation should be enough to draw us to God.  He clearly has our best interests in mind with all of the things he set up for our enjoyment and support.  And when I contemplate what is promised at the end of 1 Cor chapter 15, where it speaks of Jesus turning the Kingdom back over to the Father and him becoming 'all things to everyone,' clearly that will be a moment so sublime, and every moment after that so all-encompassingly joyous, that God doesn't need to terrify us into loving him.  He loves us into it, if we just pay attention.

“People are not disturbed by things, but by the views they take of them.”
― Epictetus

Life is like photography, you need a clear lens, and the picture you get depends on what you focus on.

Anger stems from irrational beliefs about others, anxiety stems from irrational beliefs about yourself.---Spencer Lord, The Brain Mechanic
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jan 07, 2015 - 10:42AM #5
Kemmer

Jan 7, 2015 -- 10:19AM, weberhome02 wrote:

Jan 7, 2015 -- 10:09AM, Goodtobehomestill wrote:

Yes.

==========================================

He's been doing this forever over on the Christianity boards.  I don't think he really believes this silliness; he just likes playing with numbers and statistics.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jan 09, 2015 - 8:20AM #6
Newtonian

Jan 7, 2015 -- 10:39AM, Goodtobehomestill wrote:

I agree with Jesus that the way is narrow etc.

Just not that the broad way leads to anything as dire as the Hell you are referring to.  

Jesus came so that mankind might be reconciled to God.  Reconciliation under duress, because you don't want to be tortured by the Being who wants you to be reunited with him, just doesn't even feel like anything a thinking creature would want.  

Just looking around at Creation should be enough to draw us to God.  He clearly has our best interests in mind with all of the things he set up for our enjoyment and support.  And when I contemplate what is promised at the end of 1 Cor chapter 15, where it speaks of Jesus turning the Kingdom back over to the Father and him becoming 'all things to everyone,' clearly that will be a moment so sublime, and every moment after that so all-encompassingly joyous, that God doesn't need to terrify us into loving him.  He loves us into it, if we just pay attention.

Yes indeed goodtobehome!   God is love!  As Jehovah's Witnesses we defend Jehovah against those who would paint his as cruel by teaching the Hell Fire doctrine!

God is love!

1 John 4:8
8 Whoever does not love has not come to know God, because God is love.+

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jan 09, 2015 - 10:11AM #7
weberhome02

†. Matt 13:42 . . there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

I was baptized an infant into the Roman Catholic Church; and was eventually enrolled in catechism where I completed First Holy Communion and Confirmation. Although catechism did a good job of instilling within me the reality of hell's eternal fires; it wasn't until I saw a painting by Gustave Doré depicting a scene from Dante Alighieri's Inferno that I realized the degree of despair gripping the minds and hearts of people in hell.

People down there know it's permanent; that's what makes hell so much worse than any other source of misery one can possibly imagine. If only they could see a light at the end of the tunnel; but that's just it: there is no end of the tunnel; it loops, like a donut within which they just go round and around and around.

They say hope springs eternal in the human heart. Well; not down there. No; down there hope is futile. The fires are bad enough; but it's the permanence of hell that I would imagine hurts the most.

Pop Clock Update: 2 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post #1 are within reason, then something like 120,330 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of hades since January 07, 2015.

FYI: I renounced Rome in 1968; and in time underwent baptism into Protestantism by a Conservative Baptist minister.

========================================

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jan 09, 2015 - 11:28AM #8
weberhome02

Jan 9, 2015 -- 8:30AM, Newtonian wrote:

1 John 4:8 Whoever does not love has not come to know God, because God is love.+

You people are such hypocrites. You flap your lips about love; while in your hearts longing for the day when every non Jehovah's Witness on earth is slain and you have the whole globe to yourselves.

Let's say that today is that day. Well; as of 01/09/2015, 11:10 am EST, the world population was estimated to be 7,216,794,380 people while the world's number of Jehovah's Witnesses is estimated at 8,200,000. That means if the slaughter began today, something like 7,208,594,380 people would lose their lives in order to make the world a safer place for the Watch Tower Society.

That's 7.2 billion people, all slain for the sake of Charles Taze Russell and Joseph Franklin Rutherford; in contrast to the mere 76 who lost their lives because of David Koresh, and the 913 because of Jim Jones.

===================================

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jan 09, 2015 - 6:03PM #9
Newtonian

So, weberhome - you do not believe the Bible teaching about Armageddon?

Do you believe in the Biblical account of the Flood?

Sodom and Gomorrah?

In your condemning God's day of judgment, you are ignoring why Jehovah's Witnesses are so engrossed in preaching the good news of God's Kingdom - in fact you seem to have missed the good news of God's Kingdom.

Here is a hint:

2 Peter 3:9
9 Jehovah* is not slow concerning his promise,+ as some people consider slowness, but he is patient with you because he does not desire anyone to be destroyed but desires all to attain to repentance.+

Like Jehovah our loving God, we (Jehovah's Witnesses) also desire that no one is destroyed but that all attain to repentance.

That's why the good news has to be preached first:

Mark 13:10
10 Also, in all the nations, the good news has to be preached first.+

Matthew 24:14
14 And this good news of the Kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations,+ and then the end will come.

See our website - Jw.org - for the message we stress.

And see my thread on our new song about God's Kingdom.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jan 09, 2015 - 6:05PM #10
Newtonian

Weberhome - I detected a lack of respect in your last post.

I hope you prayerfully consider sanctifying Christ as Lord in your heart - so you can post with a mild temper and deep respect:

1 Peter 3:15
15 But sanctify the Christ as Lord in your hearts, always ready to make a defense before everyone who demands of you a reason for the hope you have, but doing so with a mild temper+ and deep respect.+

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 40  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 40 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook