Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

 
Post Reply
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
Switch to Forum Live View The Absolute Unity of God
4 years ago  ::  Jul 18, 2014 - 4:50AM #1
Shibolet
Posts: 3,885
The Absolute Unity of God 






Isaiah says that, absolutely, God cannot be compared with anyone or anything, as we read Isaiah 46:5. "To whom will ye liken Me, and make Me equal to , or compare Me with, that we may be alike?"

Therefore, more than one God would have been unable to produce the world; one would have impeded the work of the other, unless this could be avoided by a suitable division of labor.

More than one Divine Being would have one element in common, and would differ in another; each would thus consist of two elements, and would not be God.

More than one God are moved to action by will; the will, without a substratum, could not act simultaneously in more than one being.

Therefore, the existence of one God is proved; the existence of more than one God cannot be proved. One could suggest that it would be possible; but since as possibility is inapplicable to God, there does not exist more than one God. So, the possibility of ascertaining the existence of God is here confounded with potentiality of existence.

Again, if one God suffices, a second or third God would be superfluous; if one God is not sufficient, he is not perfect, and cannot be a deity.

Now, besides being God absolutely One, He is incorporeal. If God were corporeal, He would consist of atoms, and would not be one; or he would be comparable to other beings; but a comparison implies the existence of similar and of dissimilar elements, and God would thus not be One. A corporeal God would be finite, and an external power would be required to define those limits.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jul 26, 2014 - 12:24PM #2
river8101
Posts: 5,587

An absolutely great and true post.

“Faith is deciding to allow yourself to believe something your intellect would otherwise cause you to reject.”
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Oct 20, 2014 - 8:17PM #3
river8101
Posts: 5,587

This year, Europe's Jews enterred the holiest day of the Jewish year, with apprehension.  Anti Semitism has returned to Europe within living memory of the Holocaust. Never Again has become Ever Again. 

“Faith is deciding to allow yourself to believe something your intellect would otherwise cause you to reject.”
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Oct 22, 2014 - 1:52PM #4
Shibolet
Posts: 3,885

Jul 26, 2014 -- 12:24PM, river8101 wrote:


An absolutely great and true post.



I am glad you have understood it River.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 19, 2015 - 9:23AM #5
river8101
Posts: 5,587

“Democracy is the worst form of government, except for all those other forms that have been tried from time to time." That Churchillian one-liner summarizes the glorious chaos that is Israeli politics.

In the one Middle Eastern nation where you can still speak your mind without being arrested, disappeared, or executed, Israelis went to the polls Tuesday to decide whether Benjamin "Bibi" Netanyahu or Isaac "Bougie" Herzog would lead the Jewish State for the next four years.

The unexpected outcome came as a shock to many pundits on both sides of the Atlantic. Netanyahu’s Likud Party won between 29 and 30 seats  Mr. Herzog’s Zionist Union’s, 24. This means  that Netanyahu will be given time to forge a new coalition government.

Without question the results will  deeply disappoint President Obama and some European leaders, who were hoping Israelis would swap out an intractable “hawk” for a more flexible “dove,” one whom they assumed would pave the way for a quick final deal with Iran and hasten a two-state solution in the Holy Land before President Obama leaves office.

In reality however, there is no real distance between Bibi and Bougie over the existential threat posed by Iran. Israel’s next prime minister must come up with a plan to thwart Tehran, whose leaders continue to call for the Jewish State’s annihilation, from becoming a nuclear power.

Additionally, Jerusalem will be confronted with a new strategic threat from Iran and its Hezbollah terrorist lackeys whose brazen entrenchment on the Golan Heights has raised nary a peep from the U.S. or the European Union.

Even if Israel’s left had prevailed it is hard to imagine that a deal for a Two-State solution could be reached in the next two years. Hamas’ continuous terrorism and genocidal hate and the celebration by leaders of the PA of vicious terrorist outrages against Jews, have left most Israelis warily awaiting a Palestinian leader -- someone unlike PA President Abbas -- who would be ready to tell his constituents that their Jewish neighbors are there to stay and that the Jewish state has a legitimate right to be there.

Against this background it seems almost ludicrous for anyone to believe that Israeli voters could somehow be manipulated by forces outside of Israel as to whom they should cast their ballots for. For us as Americans, Election Day is certainly important. For most Israeli  parents -- right, center, and left -- who have to send their 18-year-old sons and daughters for two years of military service to protect the homeland -- they cast their votes as if their lives and the lives of their children depend on making the right choice. Those in Washington who were reportedly involved in such an effort did a great disservice to both democracies.

I was not present in our nation’s capital for Netanyahu’s speech on Iran. Love him or hate him, everyone in the Chamber, and Israelis watching from home, saw a true world leader in action. In the end, his respectful and masterful speech reminded everyone, that he has earned his place on the international stage, no matter how discomfiting his message is to some.

Finally, it would not surprise me if, when Israeli President Ruby Rivlin invites Netanyahu to form the next government, he winds up reaching out to some of the very people who tried to topple him, especially those who gave strong voice to the frustrations of young couples lacking affordable housing as well as the many citizens left behind by Israel’s expanding economy.

After all, that would be the Churchillian thing to do.
        
Support the Work of the Simon Wiesenthal Center

“Faith is deciding to allow yourself to believe something your intellect would otherwise cause you to reject.”
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 19, 2015 - 1:06PM #6
Shibolet
Posts: 3,885

Mar 19, 2015 -- 9:23AM, river8101 wrote:


“Democracy is the worst form of government, except for all those other forms that have been tried from time to time." That Churchillian one-liner summarizes the glorious chaos that is Israeli politics.

In the one Middle Eastern nation where you can still speak your mind without being arrested, disappeared, or executed, Israelis went to the polls Tuesday to decide whether Benjamin "Bibi" Netanyahu or Isaac "Bougie" Herzog would lead the Jewish State for the next four years.

The unexpected outcome came as a shock to many pundits on both sides of the Atlantic. Netanyahu’s Likud Party won between 29 and 30 seats  Mr. Herzog’s Zionist Union’s, 24. This means  that Netanyahu will be given time to forge a new coalition government.

Without question the results will  deeply disappoint President Obama and some European leaders, who were hoping Israelis would swap out an intractable “hawk” for a more flexible “dove,” one whom they assumed would pave the way for a quick final deal with Iran and hasten a two-state solution in the Holy Land before President Obama leaves office.

In reality however, there is no real distance between Bibi and Bougie over the existential threat posed by Iran. Israel’s next prime minister must come up with a plan to thwart Tehran, whose leaders continue to call for the Jewish State’s annihilation, from becoming a nuclear power.

Additionally, Jerusalem will be confronted with a new strategic threat from Iran and its Hezbollah terrorist lackeys whose brazen entrenchment on the Golan Heights has raised nary a peep from the U.S. or the European Union.

Even if Israel’s left had prevailed it is hard to imagine that a deal for a Two-State solution could be reached in the next two years. Hamas’ continuous terrorism and genocidal hate and the celebration by leaders of the PA of vicious terrorist outrages against Jews, have left most Israelis warily awaiting a Palestinian leader -- someone unlike PA President Abbas -- who would be ready to tell his constituents that their Jewish neighbors are there to stay and that the Jewish state has a legitimate right to be there.

Against this background it seems almost ludicrous for anyone to believe that Israeli voters could somehow be manipulated by forces outside of Israel as to whom they should cast their ballots for. For us as Americans, Election Day is certainly important. For most Israeli  parents -- right, center, and left -- who have to send their 18-year-old sons and daughters for two years of military service to protect the homeland -- they cast their votes as if their lives and the lives of their children depend on making the right choice. Those in Washington who were reportedly involved in such an effort did a great disservice to both democracies.

I was not present in our nation’s capital for Netanyahu’s speech on Iran. Love him or hate him, everyone in the Chamber, and Israelis watching from home, saw a true world leader in action. In the end, his respectful and masterful speech reminded everyone, that he has earned his place on the international stage, no matter how discomfiting his message is to some.

Finally, it would not surprise me if, when Israeli President Ruby Rivlin invites Netanyahu to form the next government, he winds up reaching out to some of the very people who tried to topple him, especially those who gave strong voice to the frustrations of young couples lacking affordable housing as well as the many citizens left behind by Israel’s expanding economy.

After all, that would be the Churchillian thing to do.
        
Support the Work of the Simon Wiesenthal Center.



Shalom River, I agree with you only 101%. Myself, I voted for Bibi Netanyahu. I always thought he was the right man to fight ISIS back when they decide to come for Israel and to keep the Israeli economy flowering. Keep the good work to witness for the safety of our Land. I am also of the same belief that Netanyahu will never divide Jerusalem with the Arabs, unless he goes through the same metamorphosis that Sharon disappointed us all with. I hope that stigma will never happened with Bibi.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 18, 2015 - 6:29PM #7
InHisHands
Posts: 11,552

Jul 18, 2014 -- 4:50AM, Shibolet wrote:

The Absolute Unity of God 









Isaiah says that, absolutely, God cannot be compared with anyone or anything, as we read Isaiah 46:5. "To whom will ye liken Me, and make Me equal to , or compare Me with, that we may be alike?"

Therefore, more than one God would have been unable to produce the world; one would have impeded the work of the other, unless this could be avoided by a suitable division of labor.

More than one Divine Being would have one element in common, and would differ in another; each would thus consist of two elements, and would not be God.

More than one God are moved to action by will; the will, without a substratum, could not act simultaneously in more than one being.

Therefore, the existence of one God is proved; the existence of more than one God cannot be proved. One could suggest that it would be possible; but since as possibility is inapplicable to God, there does not exist more than one God. So, the possibility of ascertaining the existence of God is here confounded with potentiality of existence.

Again, if one God suffices, a second or third God would be superfluous; if one God is not sufficient, he is not perfect, and cannot be a deity.

Now, besides being God absolutely One, He is incorporeal. If God were corporeal, He would consist of atoms, and would not be one; or he would be comparable to other beings; but a comparison implies the existence of similar and of dissimilar elements, and God would thus not be One. A corporeal God would be finite, and an external power would be required to define those limits.



ONE SPIRIT is ONE SPIRIT.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 22, 2015 - 6:03PM #8
Shibolet
Posts: 3,885

Apr 18, 2015 -- 6:29PM, InHisHands wrote:


Jul 18, 2014 -- 4:50AM, Shibolet wrote:

The Absolute Unity of God 









Isaiah says that, absolutely, God cannot be compared with anyone or anything, as we read Isaiah 46:5. "To whom will ye liken Me, and make Me equal to , or compare Me with, that we may be alike?"

Therefore, more than one God would have been unable to produce the world; one would have impeded the work of the other, unless this could be avoided by a suitable division of labor.

More than one Divine Being would have one element in common, and would differ in another; each would thus consist of two elements, and would not be God.

More than one God are moved to action by will; the will, without a substratum, could not act simultaneously in more than one being.

Therefore, the existence of one God is proved; the existence of more than one God cannot be proved. One could suggest that it would be possible; but since as possibility is inapplicable to God, there does not exist more than one God. So, the possibility of ascertaining the existence of God is here confounded with potentiality of existence.

Again, if one God suffices, a second or third God would be superfluous; if one God is not sufficient, he is not perfect, and cannot be a deity.

Now, besides being God absolutely One, He is incorporeal. If God were corporeal, He would consist of atoms, and would not be one; or he would be comparable to other beings; but a comparison implies the existence of similar and of dissimilar elements, and God would thus not be One. A corporeal God would be finite, and an external power would be required to define those limits.



ONE SPIRIT is ONE SPIRIT.



So, why do you worship three? Jesus said that God is a Spirit and that the Jews know whom they worship. Jesus being in flesh could not be one with the Spirit of God. (John 4:22)

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 24, 2015 - 7:40AM #9
InHisHands
Posts: 11,552

Apr 22, 2015 -- 6:03PM, Shibolet wrote:


Apr 18, 2015 -- 6:29PM, InHisHands wrote:


Jul 18, 2014 -- 4:50AM, Shibolet wrote:

The Absolute Unity of God 









Isaiah says that, absolutely, God cannot be compared with anyone or anything, as we read Isaiah 46:5. "To whom will ye liken Me, and make Me equal to , or compare Me with, that we may be alike?"

Therefore, more than one God would have been unable to produce the world; one would have impeded the work of the other, unless this could be avoided by a suitable division of labor.

More than one Divine Being would have one element in common, and would differ in another; each would thus consist of two elements, and would not be God.

More than one God are moved to action by will; the will, without a substratum, could not act simultaneously in more than one being.

Therefore, the existence of one God is proved; the existence of more than one God cannot be proved. One could suggest that it would be possible; but since as possibility is inapplicable to God, there does not exist more than one God. So, the possibility of ascertaining the existence of God is here confounded with potentiality of existence.

Again, if one God suffices, a second or third God would be superfluous; if one God is not sufficient, he is not perfect, and cannot be a deity.

Now, besides being God absolutely One, He is incorporeal. If God were corporeal, He would consist of atoms, and would not be one; or he would be comparable to other beings; but a comparison implies the existence of similar and of dissimilar elements, and God would thus not be One. A corporeal God would be finite, and an external power would be required to define those limits.



ONE SPIRIT is ONE SPIRIT.



So, why do you worship three? Jesus said that God is a Spirit and that the Jews know whom they worship. Jesus being in flesh could not be one with the Spirit of God. (John 4:22)




I don't.  Why would I worship three?  The FATHER and the SON are ONE...if they weren't there would be two HOLY SPIRITS poured out on those who believe in the WORK of GOD...but there isn't...there is only ONE HOLY SPIRIT of GOD poured out upon those who believe in THE TRUTH/TESTIMONY of GOD


There's only ONE HOLY SPIRIT...and the essence of THE FATHER, it is THE ONE AND ONLY SON of GOD who came forth from THE FATHER who manifested THE FATHER (before mortal men) in a visible body...so as to SHOW US THE FATHER...(John 14)...and HE alone had all authority to show/teach/declare/reveal THE FATHER because HE alone came forth from GOD...the visible image of the invisible GOD (Colossians 1), the EXACT representation of HIS BEING, the full radiance of HIS GLORY(Hebrews 1) for it pleased GOD that in HIM, (in this vessel), planned from before the world ever was the fullness of GOD might dwell...bodily...(Colossians 1)...


(he who has "seen" THE SON, has "seen" THE FATHER).


This does not mean physically seen, Shibolet...but spiritually seen by the WORK of GOD who opens the eyes and ears of the heart to the TRUTH of HIS WORD which can only be done by HIS SPIRIT...


One can't come to the TRUTH by trying by their own fleshly mind to figure it all out...because what is spiritual can only be known and revealed by HIS SPIRIT..and the TRUTH of GOD has to come to the one to whom the TRUTH of GOD will come and the TRUTH, by HIS SPIRIT, will lead us to all TRUTH.



Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 24, 2015 - 2:16PM #10
Shibolet
Posts: 3,885

Apr 24, 2015 -- 7:40AM, InHisHands wrote:


Apr 22, 2015 -- 6:03PM, Shibolet wrote:


Apr 18, 2015 -- 6:29PM, InHisHands wrote:


Jul 18, 2014 -- 4:50AM, Shibolet wrote:

The Absolute Unity of God 









Isaiah says that, absolutely, God cannot be compared with anyone or anything, as we read Isaiah 46:5. "To whom will ye liken Me, and make Me equal to , or compare Me with, that we may be alike?"

Therefore, more than one God would have been unable to produce the world; one would have impeded the work of the other, unless this could be avoided by a suitable division of labor.

More than one Divine Being would have one element in common, and would differ in another; each would thus consist of two elements, and would not be God.

More than one God are moved to action by will; the will, without a substratum, could not act simultaneously in more than one being.

Therefore, the existence of one God is proved; the existence of more than one God cannot be proved. One could suggest that it would be possible; but since as possibility is inapplicable to God, there does not exist more than one God. So, the possibility of ascertaining the existence of God is here confounded with potentiality of existence.

Again, if one God suffices, a second or third God would be superfluous; if one God is not sufficient, he is not perfect, and cannot be a deity.

Now, besides being God absolutely One, He is incorporeal. If God were corporeal, He would consist of atoms, and would not be one; or he would be comparable to other beings; but a comparison implies the existence of similar and of dissimilar elements, and God would thus not be One. A corporeal God would be finite, and an external power would be required to define those limits.



ONE SPIRIT is ONE SPIRIT.



So, why do you worship three? Jesus said that God is a Spirit and that the Jews know whom they worship. Jesus being in flesh could not be one with the Spirit of God. (John 4:22)



I don't.  Why would I worship three?  The FATHER and the SON are ONE...if they weren't there would be two HOLY SPIRITS poured out on those who believe in the WORK of GOD...but there isn't...there is only ONE HOLY SPIRIT of GOD poured out upon those who believe in THE TRUTH/TESTIMONY of GOD



You surely do. Jesus said that the Father is a Spirit. That's the first. Jesus went back to heaven in his body. That's the second. And the Holy Ghost is the third. This is a doctrine that contradicts the absolute Oneness of God. If you read Mat. 28:19, one is supposed to be baptized in the name of the Father (that's one), in the name of the son, (that's the second one) and in the name of the Holy Ghost. (That's the third one)


There's only ONE HOLY SPIRIT...and the essence of THE FATHER, it is THE ONE AND ONLY SON of GOD who came forth from THE FATHER who manifested THE FATHER (before mortal men) in a visible body...so as to SHOW US THE FATHER...(John 14)...and HE alone had all authority to show/teach/declare/reveal THE FATHER because HE alone came forth from GOD...the visible image of the invisible GOD (Colossians 1), the EXACT representation of HIS BEING, the full radiance of HIS GLORY(Hebrews 1) for it pleased GOD that in HIM, (in this vessel), planned from before the world ever was the fullness of GOD might dwell...bodily...(Colossians 1)...



Visible body only in the flesh. If one is invisible and the other is visible, they could not be one in two or in three. That's polytheism according to the order of Melchizedek.


(he who has "seen" THE SON, has "seen" THE FATHER).



God has no image to be seen. (Isa. 46:5)


This does not mean physically seen, Shibolet...but spiritually seen by the WORK of GOD who opens the eyes and ears of the heart to the TRUTH of HIS WORD which can only be done by HIS SPIRIT...



This is no excuse but balderdash.


One can't come to the TRUTH by trying by their own fleshly mind to figure it all out...because what is spiritual can only be known and revealed by HIS SPIRIT..and the TRUTH of GOD has to come to the one to whom the TRUTH of GOD will come and the TRUTH, by HIS SPIRIT, will lead us to all TRUTH.



When Jesus was alive every one could see him. If he who has seen the son, has seen the father, God could be seen in the flesh as they saw Jesus. So, you can keep away your verbal juggling because it makes no sense.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
 
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

    Beliefnet On Facebook