Post Reply
Page 1 of 9  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9 Next
Switch to Forum Live View If flesh and blood cannot enter into heaven, how did Jesus ascend to it?
1 year ago  ::  Jun 27, 2013 - 10:06PM #1
dsfin
Posts: 794
some say, jesus has to come back in the flesh. 
why? 
they use the verses used in the event of the ascension. 

why stand ye gazing, this same jesus, 
will come back in kike manner. 

i have to ask, what manner is that? 

they claim, he arose through the air in the flesh. 

ok, so what? 

the word, and even christ said, 
flesh and blood cannot inter into the kingdom of heaven. 

they ask, what happened to his flesh then, when did it change? 

what happened to his flesh, i don't know, but i do know that the men, 
who stood watching, could only see so far, and then he would have been out of their sight. 

i'm sorry, but even airplanes, 
that are not heading to the father can get so high, we cant see them. 

so, there is plenty of room for the change from a earthly body, to a glorified body. 

and according to our beliefs, 
we say, christ sits at the right hand of the father, 
according to christ, flesh and blood cannot enter, 

so, what.do we do? 
claim christ was wrong again and he went to heaven in the flesh? 
or 
believe christ and say we don't know what happened after he got out of their sight. 

again, a simple choice 
believe what the word says and accept we don't understand it all. 

or deny the knowledge of christ and the father, 
and lean on our own understanding.
Quick Reply
Cancel
1 year ago  ::  Jun 27, 2013 - 10:08PM #2
loveontheair
Posts: 4,057

Hello,



Keep reading and studing. Perhaps your questions will be answered?




love

Good works will never produce faith, but faith will always produce good works. loveontheair
Quick Reply
Cancel
1 year ago  ::  Jun 27, 2013 - 10:54PM #3
Hmmm
Posts: 3,188

Jun 27, 2013 -- 10:06PM, dsfin wrote:

some say, jesus has to come back in the flesh. 
why? 
they use the verses used in the event of the ascension. 

why stand ye gazing, this same jesus, 
will come back in kike manner. 

i have to ask, what manner is that? 

they claim, he arose through the air in the flesh. 

ok, so what? 

the word, and even christ said, 
flesh and blood cannot inter into the kingdom of heaven. 

they ask, what happened to his flesh then, when did it change? 

what happened to his flesh, i don't know, but i do know that the men, 
who stood watching, could only see so far, and then he would have been out of their sight. 

i'm sorry, but even airplanes, 
that are not heading to the father can get so high, we cant see them. 

so, there is plenty of room for the change from a earthly body, to a glorified body. 

and according to our beliefs, 
we say, christ sits at the right hand of the father, 
according to christ, flesh and blood cannot enter, 

so, what.do we do? 
claim christ was wrong again and he went to heaven in the flesh? 
or 
believe christ and say we don't know what happened after he got out of their sight. 

again, a simple choice 
believe what the word says and accept we don't understand it all. 

or deny the knowledge of christ and the father, 
and lean on our own understanding.



Hi, dsfin. I used to be very concerned about this like yourself, but the answer that was given to me was that it's actually flesh and 'bone' that can enter into heaven and not flesh and blood. *snort* Now, please don't laugh because I know if sounds crazy on the outset, but it was scriptures(or perhaps just the one scripture) such as Luke 24:39 that was suppose to verify this. 


Therefore, you can either read 1 Corinthians 15:35-53 and interpret it how you interpret it....or you can allow Luke 24:39 to temper your meaning of those verses. Smile

The truth, the whole truth...and nothing but the truth?
Quick Reply
Cancel
1 year ago  ::  Jun 28, 2013 - 12:07AM #4
Jenandew7
Posts: 12,799

Jun 27, 2013 -- 10:06PM, dsfin wrote:

some say, jesus has to come back in the flesh. 
why? 
they use the verses used in the event of the ascension. 

why stand ye gazing, this same jesus, 
will come back in kike manner. 

i have to ask, what manner is that? 

they claim, he arose through the air in the flesh. 

ok, so what? 

the word, and even christ said, 
flesh and blood cannot inter into the kingdom of heaven. 

they ask, what happened to his flesh then, when did it change? 

what happened to his flesh, i don't know, but i do know that the men, 
who stood watching, could only see so far, and then he would have been out of their sight. 

i'm sorry, but even airplanes, 
that are not heading to the father can get so high, we cant see them. 

so, there is plenty of room for the change from a earthly body, to a glorified body. 

and according to our beliefs, 
we say, christ sits at the right hand of the father, 
according to christ, flesh and blood cannot enter, 

so, what.do we do? 
claim christ was wrong again and he went to heaven in the flesh? 
or 
believe christ and say we don't know what happened after he got out of their sight. 

again, a simple choice 
believe what the word says and accept we don't understand it all. 

or deny the knowledge of christ and the father, 
and lean on our own understanding.



Like we will have, Christ has a spiritual body as described by Paul.

If you pour yourself out for the hungry and satisfy the desire of the afflicted, then shall your light rise in the darkness and your gloom be as the noonday. --Isaiah 58:10
Quick Reply
Cancel
1 year ago  ::  Jun 28, 2013 - 1:43AM #5
simonzur
Posts: 3,660

Jun 27, 2013 -- 10:54PM, Hmmm wrote:


Jun 27, 2013 -- 10:06PM, dsfin wrote:

some say, jesus has to come back in the flesh. 
why? 
they use the verses used in the event of the ascension. 

why stand ye gazing, this same jesus, 
will come back in kike manner. 

i have to ask, what manner is that? 

they claim, he arose through the air in the flesh. 

ok, so what? 

the word, and even christ said, 
flesh and blood cannot inter into the kingdom of heaven. 

they ask, what happened to his flesh then, when did it change? 

what happened to his flesh, i don't know, but i do know that the men, 
who stood watching, could only see so far, and then he would have been out of their sight. 

i'm sorry, but even airplanes, 
that are not heading to the father can get so high, we cant see them. 

so, there is plenty of room for the change from a earthly body, to a glorified body. 

and according to our beliefs, 
we say, christ sits at the right hand of the father, 
according to christ, flesh and blood cannot enter, 

so, what.do we do? 
claim christ was wrong again and he went to heaven in the flesh? 
or 
believe christ and say we don't know what happened after he got out of their sight. 

again, a simple choice 
believe what the word says and accept we don't understand it all. 

or deny the knowledge of christ and the father, 
and lean on our own understanding.



Hi, dsfin. I used to be very concerned about this like yourself, but the answer that was given to me was that it's actually flesh and 'bone' that can enter into heaven and not flesh and blood. *snort* Now, please don't laugh because I know if sounds crazy on the outset, but it was scriptures(or perhaps just the one scripture) such as Luke 24:39 that was suppose to verify this. 


Therefore, you can either read 1 Corinthians 15:35-53 and interpret it how you interpret it....or you can allow Luke 24:39 to temper your meaning of those verses.





Grace and Peace to you both in abundance.

I agree with the OP.  We cannot believe that Christ's physical flesh and blood, or even his bones which are considered flesh, entered heaven.

Hmmm, the problem with your solution is that Hebrews tells us that Christ anointed the Mercy Seat in the heavenly Tabernacle...with his blood.  Thus, in some way, Jesus was able to get blood into heaven, but since neither physical flesh nor blood can enter therein, it must be spiritual in nature.

Personally, I believe that the ascension is real but was viewed through a vision en masse similar to the vision on the sacred mountain when they saw Christ glorified and speaking with Moses and Elijah.   A glorified body of some sort is the logical belief.

"The city does not need the sun or the moon to shine on it, for the glory of God gives it light, and the Lamb is its lamp."~ The Revelation
Quick Reply
Cancel
1 year ago  ::  Jun 28, 2013 - 2:56AM #6
Hmmm
Posts: 3,188

Well, now that three Christians have said the same thing, I'm starting to think that it's the fundamentalist Christians who believe that it was flesh and bone that entered heaven. But actually, I had thought that all Christians believed that, with the expection of some fringe groups such as Jehovah's Witnesses.

The truth, the whole truth...and nothing but the truth?
Quick Reply
Cancel
1 year ago  ::  Jun 28, 2013 - 7:14AM #7
DNT
Posts: 1,514

Jun 28, 2013 -- 2:56AM, Hmmm wrote:

Well, now that three Christians have said the same thing, I'm starting to think that it's the fundamentalist Christians who believe that it was flesh and bone that entered heaven. But actually, I had thought that all Christians believed that, with the expection of some fringe groups such as Jehovah's Witnesses.


Hey Hmmm


Well as you have probably guessed i am a fundamentalist Christian, but i don't think it was flesh and bone, i see where they are going with it but i don't agree, there is a spiritual Body that i personally don't believe the Bible has elaborated on, so my understanding is a spiritual Body may be made up different, how or why i cant answer that, all i know is Jesus was the first to have the corruptible body changed to the incorruptible.


God Bless You


Denis.


 

1Ti 3:16  And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.
Quick Reply
Cancel
1 year ago  ::  Jun 28, 2013 - 8:44AM #8
Jenandew7
Posts: 12,799

Jun 28, 2013 -- 2:56AM, Hmmm wrote:


Well, now that three Christians have said the same thing, I'm starting to think that it's the fundamentalist Christians who believe that it was flesh and bone that entered heaven. But actually, I had thought that all Christians believed that, with the expection of some fringe groups such as Jehovah's Witnesses.




This is what I find fascinating about the boards.  And there are differences even within the various Christian groups. 

If you pour yourself out for the hungry and satisfy the desire of the afflicted, then shall your light rise in the darkness and your gloom be as the noonday. --Isaiah 58:10
Quick Reply
Cancel
1 year ago  ::  Jun 28, 2013 - 8:53AM #9
jlb32168
Posts: 13,136

I have no problem with Christ's flesh and blood entering heaven since the flesh and blood post resurrection wasn't the same as that ante-resurrection.  Paul says that we shall all be changed.

Victim of this, victim of that, your mama’s too thin and your daddy’s too fat, get over it! - the Eagles
Quick Reply
Cancel
1 year ago  ::  Jun 28, 2013 - 9:01AM #10
Daldianus
Posts: 32,442

Jun 28, 2013 -- 8:53AM, jlb32168 wrote:

I have no problem with Christ's flesh and blood entering heaven since the flesh and blood post resurrection wasn't the same as that ante-resurrection.  Paul says that we shall all be changed.



Paul said that the current body will be destroyed and left behind, and that the soul/spirit will be clothed with a new body of some sorts.

>> Feed your brain with awesome!
“After your death you will be what you were before your birth.” - Arthur Schopenhauer
"Eternity is very long, especially towards the end." - Woody Allen
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 9  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9 Next
 
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

    Beliefnet On Facebook