|4 years ago :: Oct 30, 2012 - 3:52PM #1|
Okay...I've been meaning to do this for awhile, but here are the steps. I'm using Mozilla's Firefox, but generally the info is the same. If the photo you want to insert is on the web, start from #1. If the photo is already on your hard drive, go to step 3:
1. Right click on photo you want to insert. This will pop up a dialogue box. Click on "Save Image As..."
2. Give the picture a name you will remember (see image below). Generally, your computer will try to save the picture in a directory called "Downloads". I generally browse to my Pictures directory and save all my pictures there. Saving pictures in your Pictures directory allows you to find it easier later.
3. Click "Insert Photo" found at the right hand corner of your screen.
4. This will bring up the Beliefnet Photo Manager. Click "Add from My Computer" then click "Start Upload".
5. Now you need to name (Caption) your picture for the Photo Gallery. I generally use the same name I saved it with, but you can name it differently if you want. So replace the default "Gallery Photo" with the name you want.
When you're done, click "Finished". Congratulations...You just uploaded your first picture into your Photo Gallery!
6. Now double click the photo you just uploaded. This will place the picture in your response box.
7. The picture will be placed wherever your cursor was last when you clicked "Insert Photo" in Step 3, but if not, there are handles surrounding the picture where you can drag, resize, and place the photo. Make sure it's not hiding any text. If you want to center the photo, click the "Align Center" tab.
You do not have to upload pictures one at a time. Beliefnet's Photo Manager allows you to select several photos at once. They will all be Uploaded into your gallery where you can name them.
One other thing...If you delete the photo from your Photo Gallery, you will also delete it in any of your responses. So, if a month from now you decide to clean out your photos from Beliefnet, just remember the photos will no longer appear in any responses you made.
Also, once the photos are uploaded into Photo Manager you do not have to repeat all these steps if you want to use your photo again. Just go to Step 3 and then jump to step 6.
Hope this helps.
Never argue with stupid people. They will drag
you down to their level and then beat you with
experience ~ Mark Twain
If you are neutral on situations of injustice
you have chosen the side of the oppressor ~
|4 years ago :: Oct 30, 2012 - 4:33PM #2|
This is great, Oeste. Maybe we can get it pinned to the board so it doesn't get lost. I know I'll need it again!