Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Page 1 of 3  •  1 2 3 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Shadows of Things to Come
5 years ago  ::  Oct 15, 2012 - 4:00PM #1
Ben Masada

SHADOWS OF THINGS TO COME

Behold! Ben has finally found something he can say, "I agree with Paul." (Col. 2:17) Paul does not mention animal sacrifices in this text but, I am sure, he had them in mind. I am also of the opinion that animal sacrifices were adopted by Israel as a prophetic activity of things to come. Only that, as Paul was concerned, the culminating  fulfillment of the animal sacrifices was the body of Jesus, while IMHO, it was the atonement of Judah by Israel, the Ten Tribes.

Throughout the books of Leviticus and Numbers, many references are made to sacrifices: One for a sin offering and another as a holocaust. Two goats, they were. One was to remain in Jerusalem for the Lord, and the other to be sent to Azazel, Eastward into the desert. (Lev. 16:6-9) The choice between the one for the Lord and the one for Azazel, was determined by lot. The one sent to Azazel would make atonement for the one that would remain back in
Jerusalem. The Psalmist explains further that the one sent to Azazel, would be understood as being the one rejected by the Lord and the one remaining back in Jerusalem was explained as chosen by the Lord.(Psalm 78:67-69)

Jesus could not fit the puzzle because the Scapegoat sent to Azazel was fulfilled in Israel, the Ten Tribes, when they were, permanently exiled to Assyria. (2 Kings 17:23) It didn't happen to Jesus. That's how atonement was made by Israel for Judah, the Kingdom of the South, that had been doomed for having rejected God's Covenant by making a covenant with Assyria to rescue Judah from Samaria and Syria, that were in preparation to war against Judah.

Judah had been doomed for having adopted the pagan religion of Assyria. (2 Kings 17:13-16) But because the Lord had promised David that his Tribe (Judah) would remain in Jerusalem forever, (I Kings 11:36) the jugdment of God which had been decreed upon Judah, fell upon Israel. [Isa. 9:7(8?)] Therefore, Israel had atoned for the sins of "many," meaning those of Judah. (Isa. 53:11,12) That was the Day of Atonement that had arrived. A day worse than the day when the Ten Tribes seceded from Judah. (Isa. 7:17) The day when ancient Israel had lost ten of the twelve tribes. The day when the Scapegoat had been sent to Azazel. The day the prophetic shadows had pointed to.

Ben

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Apr 21, 2013 - 9:47PM #2
miknik5

Oct 15, 2012 -- 4:00PM, Ben Masada wrote:

SHADOWS OF THINGS TO COME

Behold! Ben has finally found something he can say, "I agree with Paul." (Col. 2:17) Paul does not mention animal sacrifices in this text but, I am sure, he had them in mind. I am also of the opinion that animal sacrifices were adopted by Israel as a prophetic activity of things to come. Only that, as Paul was concerned, the culminating  fulfillment of the animal sacrifices was the body of Jesus, while IMHO, it was the atonement of Judah by Israel, the Ten Tribes.

Throughout the books of Leviticus and Numbers, many references are made to sacrifices: One for a sin offering and another as a holocaust. Two goats, they were. One was to remain in Jerusalem for the Lord, and the other to be sent to Azazel, Eastward into the desert. (Lev. 16:6-9) The choice between the one for the Lord and the one for Azazel, was determined by lot. The one sent to Azazel would make atonement for the one that would remain back in
Jerusalem. The Psalmist explains further that the one sent to Azazel, would be understood as being the one rejected by the Lord and the one remaining back in Jerusalem was explained as chosen by the Lord.(Psalm 78:67-69)

Jesus could not fit the puzzle because the Scapegoat sent to Azazel was fulfilled in Israel, the Ten Tribes, when they were, permanently exiled to Assyria. (2 Kings 17:23) It didn't happen to Jesus. That's how atonement was made by Israel for Judah, the Kingdom of the South, that had been doomed for having rejected God's Covenant by making a covenant with Assyria to rescue Judah from Samaria and Syria, that were in preparation to war against Judah.

Judah had been doomed for having adopted the pagan religion of Assyria. (2 Kings 17:13-16) But because the Lord had promised David that his Tribe (Judah) would remain in Jerusalem forever, (I Kings 11:36) the jugdment of God which had been decreed upon Judah, fell upon Israel. [Isa. 9:7(8?)] Therefore, Israel had atoned for the sins of "many," meaning those of Judah. (Isa. 53:11,12) That was the Day of Atonement that had arrived. A day worse than the day when the Ten Tribes seceded from Judah. (Isa. 7:17) The day when ancient Israel had lost ten of the twelve tribes. The day when the Scapegoat had been sent to Azazel. The day the prophetic shadows had pointed to.

Ben

Nope.  This day hasn't come yet.  It is no different than the First passover when GOD made a distinction between the "sons of egypt/pharoah and his flocks" and the sons of Israel/GOD and his flocks".

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Apr 30, 2013 - 7:56AM #3
river8101

www.nobeliefs.com/exist.htm

The link above is a great article. One of the best I've found on the internet about religion.  And furthermore, those links and books, all written by serious authors at the bottom of the article could teach "a watchman", a thing or two.  What think you Buns, Mandie and Rocket?  What ever is he talking about? 

“Faith is deciding to allow yourself to believe something your intellect would otherwise cause you to reject.”
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  May 01, 2013 - 4:07PM #4
Theisticevolutionevangelical1

Yeshua will come back in judgement and glory and I love the Messiah and L-rd so much.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  May 02, 2013 - 2:36PM #5
wohali

Yeah, he's been coming back for 2,000 years now....................

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  May 03, 2013 - 8:18PM #6
mainecaptain

May 2, 2013 -- 2:36PM, wohali wrote:

Yeah, he's been coming back for 2,000 years now....................

Exactly.

A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side. Aristotle
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow. Plato..
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives" Jackie Robinson
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  May 11, 2013 - 11:58PM #7
a_watchman

You could have started this thread with a quote from Exodus 4:21-23 and then you would be saying that the son of God was sacrificed for the sin of Judah.

New American Standard Bible (NASB)

Exodus 4:21-23 

I say that Israel the son has been sacrificed for the sin of the world as well, but I say it for different reasons and I say that he is now being raised up from his grave. As it is written in Ezekiel 37.

Notice that he says, "...whole house of Israel." So we've seen the sacrifice of Israel the son of God and now we are seeing the resurrection of Israel the son of God. Peter says that a day with God is like a thousand years and a thousand years a day so Israel the son is being raised on the third day too.

When Israel is finally able to see his own testimony in the proper way then he will also see that Jesus' testimony is the testimony of a King.

Moderated by Bunsinspace on Aug 25, 2013 - 06:34PM
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  May 17, 2013 - 7:38AM #8
river8101

Who can follow your posts?  What's all the signs and sigils?  Btw, A sigil is a definite sign of magick.  So that's what you're in, huh?   I don't mind a bit.  But the uneducated might take your posts seriously.  What a shame. 

Have you tried writing fiction?

“Faith is deciding to allow yourself to believe something your intellect would otherwise cause you to reject.”
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  May 17, 2013 - 11:41AM #9
wohali

"When Israel is finally able to see his own testimony in the proper way then he will also see that Jesus' testimony is the testimony of a King."

I'll follow a god, not a king.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  May 17, 2013 - 3:30PM #10
river8101

Watchman: 

Never gonna happen.   Because Jesus is not a God, and the stories about him are not anymore real than Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings.    They're fiction.  No proof of any of it. 

Not one single word in the gospels can be proven.   Because of the popularity of Harry Potter,  in 2000 years from now, Harry will be considered the Son of God, and Dumbledore; God.  Or in Lord of the Rings, Gandolf could be God and Frodo, his son.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 3  •  1 2 3 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook