Page 1 of 3  •  1 2 3 Next
Switch to Forum Live View New Findings in Oregon Caves
2 years ago  ::  Jul 16, 2012 - 9:36AM #1
Adelphe

Kemmer

So what's the creationists' spin on the human DNA and stone implements of 13,000 years ago recently found in an Oregon cave?  A different and unrelated species to Adam 'n' Eve?

Unless I am convinced by Scripture and plain reason, my conscience is captive to the Word of God. I cannot and I will not retract anything, for to go against conscience would be neither right nor safe.  Here I stand.  I can do no other.  God help me.  Amen.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jul 16, 2012 - 9:36AM #2
Adelphe

mainecaptain

Jul 15, 2012 -- 3:14PM, Kemmer wrote:

So what's the creationists' spin on the human DNA and stone implements of 13,000 years ago recently found in an Oregon cave?  A different and unrelated species to Adam 'n' Eve?

Of course. The Abrahmic god made Adam and Eve. Other peoples were created by other gods. This is proof ;)

Which also proves others are not stained by this original sin crap

Unless I am convinced by Scripture and plain reason, my conscience is captive to the Word of God. I cannot and I will not retract anything, for to go against conscience would be neither right nor safe.  Here I stand.  I can do no other.  God help me.  Amen.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jul 16, 2012 - 9:37AM #3
Adelphe

Kemmer

so "First Nations" (Canada), and "Native Americans" (USA) are as pure as the driven snow?  I KNEW it.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jul 16, 2012 - 9:37AM #4
Adelphe

mainecaptain

Jul 15, 2012 -- 3:20PM, Kemmer wrote:

so "First Nations" (Canada), and "Native Americans" (USA) are as pure as the driven snow?  I KNEW it.

LOL exactly!  :)

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jul 16, 2012 - 9:37AM #5
Adelphe

do you have a reference?

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jul 16, 2012 - 9:38AM #6
Adelphe

Kemmer

Jul 15, 2012 -- 3:37PM, 57 wrote:

So what's the creationists' spin on the human DNA and stone implements of 13,000 years ago recently found in an Oregon cave?  A different and unrelated species to Adam 'n' Eve?

do you have a reference?

www.sfgate.com/default/article/Ancient-F...

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jul 16, 2012 - 7:06PM #7

The question is, how accurate is the dating technique?  Several thousand years ago was the C14 to C12 ratio the same as it is today?

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jul 16, 2012 - 8:00PM #8
Kemmer

Jul 16, 2012 -- 7:06PM, 57 wrote:

The question is, how accurate is the dating technique?

Close enough.  Even if it were off by 3000-6000 years, it still wouldn't explain the existence of human societies in North America before the so-called creation of Adam 'n' Eve.

Several thousand years ago was the C14 to C12 ratio the same as it is today?

Of course it was. What a strange thing to ask.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jul 16, 2012 - 8:09PM #9

Jul 16, 2012 -- 8:00PM, Kemmer wrote:

Jul 16, 2012 -- 7:06PM, 57 wrote:

The question is, how accurate is the dating technique?

Close enough.  Even if it were off by 3000-6000 years, it still wouldn't explain the existence of human societies in North America before the so-called creation of Adam 'n' Eve.

Several thousand years ago was the C14 to C12 ratio the same as it is today?

Of course it was. What a strange thing to ask.

That makes no sense...but considering you don't know what you're talking about...I grant you a buy.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jul 16, 2012 - 10:07PM #10
Blü

That makes no sense...but considering you don't know what you're talking about...I grant you a buy.

You necessarily imply that YOU know what Kemmer's talking about.

Bet you can't seriously fault the dating of the cave finds - in particular that you can't make them read later than 2348 BCE.

It's really naughty of you to pretend to you know things you don't, to use insults instead of reasoned arguments, and to affect condescension by mere peremptory rejection.

You shouldn't do it.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 3  •  1 2 3 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook