2 years ago  ::  Jul 04, 2012 - 9:20AM #1
StephenK.Adams
The following is a story that my 48 year old daughter thinks is hilarious.  I think it is biased and totally unfair.  LaughingLaughing

GOD IS GOOD!!

Housework is a woman’s job but one evening when Jenny arrived home from work she found that her husband had bathed the children, one load of washing was in the washer and another was in the dryer.   Dinner was on the stove and the table was set.  Jenny was astonished.

It turned out that her husband had read an article that said that wives who work full-time and had to do their own house work, were too tired to have sex.

The night went well and the next day she told her office friends all about it.  “We had a great dinner.  Ralph even cleaned up.  He helped the kids with their homework, folded all the laundry and put it away.  I really enjoyed the whole evening.”

“But what about afterwards?” asked her friends.

“Oh, that ---  Ralph was too tired.”

God is good!!    

LaughingLaughing 

We have nothing to fear except our lack of understanding of fear itself.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jul 07, 2012 - 9:45AM #2
Karma_yeshe_dorje

I am not a fan of authoritarianism. And so I am not a monotheist.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jul 07, 2012 - 1:39PM #3
StephenK.Adams

What if I changed that to read --- Our Creator is good?  Of course that would prevent me from using alliteration wouldn't it.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jul 07, 2012 - 2:51PM #4
Marcion

God is good, really? How did you come to that assine conclusion. Look at the world around you, would a good god tolerate such nonsense?

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jul 08, 2012 - 10:12PM #5
SeraphimR

Jul 7, 2012 -- 2:51PM, Marcion wrote:

God is good, really? How did you come to that assine conclusion. Look at the world around you, would a good god tolerate such nonsense?

It was the punchline of a joke, a misandrist joke, but just a joke.

People with a mission to save the earth want the earth to seem worse than it is so their mission will look more important.

P.J. O'Rourke
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jul 09, 2012 - 7:43PM #6
GodtheFather

Get it Right!

GOD is GREAT! 

The best lack all conviction yet the worst are filled with passionate intensity.

Yates
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jul 09, 2012 - 7:47PM #7
Sacrificialgoddess

Based on what I've seen in Christianity, god must have serious self-esteem issues.

Dark Energy. It can be found in the observable Universe. Found in ratios of 75% more than any other substance. Dark Energy. It can be found in religious extremists, in cheerleaders. To come to the conclusion that Dark signifies mean and malevolent would define 75% of the Universe as an evil force. Alternatively, to think that some cheerleaders don't have razors in their snatch is to be foolishly unarmed.

-- Tori Amos
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jul 11, 2012 - 10:59AM #8
GodtheFather

Jul 9, 2012 -- 7:47PM, Sacrificialgoddess wrote:

Based on what I've seen in Christianity, god must have serious self-esteem issues.

God is diagnosed with Bipolar disorder

The best lack all conviction yet the worst are filled with passionate intensity.

Yates
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jul 11, 2012 - 1:29PM #9
StephenK.Adams

Jul 7, 2012 -- 2:51PM, Marcion wrote:

Okay, for purposes of alliteration I used the word God.  If I said our Creator would that change your words above??   I don't think so.   I believe in evolution.  If you read Charles Dawkins book called --- The Greatest Show On Earth, --- in one of the final pages, (I don't have the exact page available to me at this time.) he openly admits that we don't know how evolution came into existence in the first place.

Dawkins shows rather succinctly that unless we lived in a dog eat dog world, evolution would never have come up with a living entity like us human beings with our incredible mental capacity.  Would you rather avoid the dog eat dog world and have no sentient beings such as you and I?  Or do you want to accept the reality of the world we live in and do everything we possibly can to reduce the suffering in this world as much as possible?   That achievement carries with it the need to find a deeper level of understanding about how the human mind functions.

Now if you like, you can pass off my above ideas as an assinine conclusion; but if you do so, then, --- what conclusion have you come to about the reality of life that we are presently experiencing???

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook