Page 8 of 10  •  Prev 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Strange Old Testament Scriptures About The Earth
2 years ago  ::  Jul 03, 2012 - 10:25AM #71
Kemmer

Very important is this simple point - from whereever God views (cp. comprehends - and through the laws and properties he created in this universe: controls) the earth - the earth is a circle!   Only a sphere is seen as a circle from all directions or from one direction at all times given motion of both the earth and God. 

Nevertheless, as soon as this "circle" begins to rotate, it's obvious that it's NOT a circle, but a sphere.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jul 04, 2012 - 6:23PM #72
Ed_3

Jun 30, 2012 -- 6:44PM, Ed_3 wrote:

Jun 29, 2012 -- 7:34AM, Newtonian wrote:

Ed - I gave my response incl. the '97 Awake!

Granted, I did not go into detail as to how beating the skies leads to their reflecting like a mirror.

Well, of course you didn't, Newtonian. Also, is there anyone here who can say: chazaq!!!?

Also, Newtonian, that "like a metal mirror that gives off a bright reflection" July 1997 Awake Job 37:18 thing is what I call the Watchtower's 'sleight of hand'...or 'bait and switch.'

Bump for Newtonian! Smile

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jul 04, 2012 - 6:55PM #73
Kemmer

Jul 4, 2012 -- 6:23PM, Ed_3 wrote:

Granted, I did not go into detail as to how beating the skies leads to their reflecting like a mirror.

Well, of course you didn't, Newtonian. Also, is there anyone here who can say: chazaq!!!?

Also, Newtonian, that "like a metal mirror that gives off a bright reflection" July 1997 Awake Job 37:18 thing is what I call the Watchtower's 'sleight of hand'...or 'bait and switch.'

Newt is probably having his annual 4th of July BBQ celebration.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jul 04, 2012 - 7:27PM #74
Oeste

Jul 4, 2012 -- 6:55PM, Kemmer wrote:

Don't forget to PM us with those recipes Newt!  Wink

Never argue with stupid people. They will drag
you down to their level and then beat you with
experience ~ Mark Twain

If you are neutral on situations of injustice
you have chosen the side of the oppressor ~
Desmond Tutu
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jul 06, 2012 - 6:48PM #75
Ed_3

Jun 27, 2012 -- 8:00PM, Newtonian wrote:

The motion of the earth's tectonic plates was actually set in violent motion during the Noachian flood. . .

Newtonian, I'm not allowed to start a seperate thread on this, but since this is your "belief"...wouldn't that mean that God put everyone at risk(including his own people) to indiscrimate disasters such as earthquakes and tsunamis? And if so, I really don't understand this. But perhaps you or another JWs can explain this to me. Thanks.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jul 06, 2012 - 11:57PM #76
Kemmer

Jul 6, 2012 -- 6:48PM, Ed_3 wrote:

The motion of the earth's tectonic plates was actually set in violent motion during the Noachian flood. . .

Newtonian, I'm not allowed to start a seperate thread on this, but since this is your "belief"...wouldn't that mean that God put everyone at risk(including his own people) to indiscrimate disasters such as earthquakes and tsunamis? And if so, I really don't understand this. But perhaps you or another JWs can explain this to me. Thanks.

Oh please NO!

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jul 07, 2012 - 12:28AM #77
Ed_3

Jul 6, 2012 -- 11:57PM, Kemmer wrote:

Jul 6, 2012 -- 6:48PM, Ed_3 wrote:

Oh please NO!

LOL Smile Don't worry, Kemmer. I don't think that any JW will want to answer this question. Although, the question does make you wonder.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jul 07, 2012 - 7:30AM #78
Newtonian

Jul 4, 2012 -- 6:55PM, Kemmer wrote:

Jul 4, 2012 -- 6:23PM, Ed_3 wrote:

I posted that my wife and I were observing our wedding anniversary.

Even when we were married - the fireworks went off!Surprised

Beating the skies is an illustration - like refining metals by taking impurities out.   It is illustrating how our atmosphere became first translucent, then transparent - and yet reflecting like a mirror!

Are you sure you want to go into detail on this?   You would need to study the cross references and also the many fields of science on this subject.

I'll start off with a question - how did God remove the impurites from our atmosphere  so that earth was no longer in darkness - cp. Genesis 1:2 and then how the sun, moon and stars became visible in the expanse (sky) in the long days of creation that followed.

Clearly this involves how earth accreted the contents of its crust - and, of course, how earth accreted its water.

Here are a couple of the many cfs:

(Job 38:9) 9 When I put the cloud as its garment And thick gloom as its swaddling band,

(2 Peter 3:5, 6) 5 For, according to their wish, this fact escapes their notice, that there were heavens from of old and an earth standing compactly out of water and in the midst of water by the word of God; 6 and by those [means] the world of that time suffered destruction when it was deluged with water.

Compare Venus, and note that the carbonates in earth's crust deposited by the geologic carbon cycle which required earth's primordial waters (Genesis 1:2 ff.) show early earth's atmosphere had about the same CO2 content as Venus today. 

So why did Venus have a runaway greenhouse effect (hot and dark) while earth went the opposite direction - cooling and depositing the CO2 as carbonates in earth's crust?

And how is the greenhouse effect similar to a mirror?

Which way is what reflected?  E.g. harmful cosmic rays, UV irradiation, light.   Is our atmosphere actually fine tuned by our loving creator for man?   I.e. is the way our atmosphere reflects fine tuned by God?

Indeed, how did Jehovah beat the skies so as to reflect so perfectly for mankind out of love for us?

Are you glad earth did not turn out like Venus?

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jul 07, 2012 - 8:01AM #79
Newtonian

Earthquakes - Yes, that should be a separate thread.   Japan supposedly did a good job at protecting from earthquakes.   Or did they?

Anyone who wishes to be cautious can be quite safe from earthquakes and tsunamis.  

Of course, one would not live in a coastal plain or an earthquake prone area.

We live in SE Louisiana quite far from Yellowstone and the New Madrid fault, and quite far from the coast - so I went into the hospital with viral meningitis likely from a tick bite.

We are living in the last days - and Jehovah's Witnesses do not live charmed lives.

I see there is another thread - so that is my brief response here.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jul 07, 2012 - 9:42AM #80
Kemmer

LOL Smile Don't worry, Kemmer. I don't think that any JW will want to answer this question. Although, the question does make you wonder.

No it doesn't.

So why did Venus have a runaway greenhouse effect (hot and dark) while earth went the opposite direction - cooling and depositing the CO2 as carbonates in earth's crust?

We're farther away from the sun.

We are living in the last days...

We have been since the formation of the planet; it's nothing to get excited about.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 8 of 10  •  Prev 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook