Page 4 of 8  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8 Next
2 years ago  ::  Jun 28, 2012 - 8:16PM #31
steven_guy

Jun 28, 2012 -- 8:12PM, Aka_me wrote:

Jun 28, 2012 -- 6:59PM, chevy956 wrote:

Besides- you are a Baha'i'- why does this concern you so much, unless you are trying to continue to lie about Buddhists and atheists?

it doesn't ****ing matter what I am! how ****ing many times does that need to be ****ing repeated?

btw, does bleeping out swear words help you understand better?

my point has been explained to you, by a secular humanist... and you're still don't get it.

Fine. You might as well bugger off then. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 28, 2012 - 8:22PM #32
steven_guy

Jun 28, 2012 -- 8:21PM, Aka_me wrote:

Jun 28, 2012 -- 8:16PM, steven_guy wrote:

Jun 28, 2012 -- 8:12PM, Aka_me wrote:

Jun 28, 2012 -- 6:59PM, chevy956 wrote:

Besides- you are a Baha'i'- why does this concern you so much, unless you are trying to continue to lie about Buddhists and atheists?

it doesn't ****ing matter what I am! how ****ing many times does that need to be ****ing repeated?

btw, does bleeping out swear words help you understand better?

my point has been explained to you, by a secular humanist... and you're still don't get it.

Fine. You might as well bugger off then. 

Innocent and that's the sum total of counterpoint you can muster?

I can't be arsed mustering any more than that. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 28, 2012 - 8:55PM #33
Ken

I have no idea what this thread is about.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 28, 2012 - 8:57PM #34
mainecaptain

Jun 28, 2012 -- 8:55PM, Ken wrote:

Neither do I

A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side. Aristotle
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow. Plato..
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives" Jackie Robinson
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 28, 2012 - 9:01PM #35
steven_guy

Jun 28, 2012 -- 8:57PM, mainecaptain wrote:

Jun 28, 2012 -- 8:55PM, Ken wrote:

Neither do I

I'm buggered if I know, too!

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 28, 2012 - 9:03PM #36
steven_guy

Here's a recipe for scones: www.taste.com.au/recipes/8163/basic+scon...

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 28, 2012 - 9:16PM #37
mountain_man

Jun 28, 2012 -- 2:55AM, Aka_me wrote:

...beautifully stated... and exactly what I've been saying.

No, it is not.

"automatic acceptance" aside, would you add that there just isn't any reason or motivation or need to embrace ANY of "those philosophies"?

Just like there is no reason to automatically embrace what some long dead megalomaniac Persian had to say.

I did not accept, automatically or not, or embrace, nor need, nor had any motivation, nor did I study anything, or change any beliefs, to be a Secular Humanist. I read some of their stuff and they agreed with me. Secular Humanism is not something to become, it's what you are.

Dave - Just a Man in the Mountains.

I am a Humanist. I believe in a rational philosophy of life, informed by science, inspired by art, and motivated by a desire to do good for its own sake and not by an expectation of a reward or fear of punishment in an afterlife.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 28, 2012 - 9:22PM #38
mainecaptain

Jun 28, 2012 -- 9:03PM, steven_guy wrote:

Here's a recipe for scones: www.taste.com.au/recipes/8163/basic+scon...

I love scones!

A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side. Aristotle
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow. Plato..
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives" Jackie Robinson
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 28, 2012 - 9:23PM #39
mountain_man

Jun 28, 2012 -- 2:21PM, Aka_me wrote:

...what I'm talking about is the skeptic secular humanist having desire/need/intention to identify themselves as a member of a group other than Secular Humanism (take your pick: Falun Gong, Confucian, Deist, or Buddhist).

No such "need" exists. I have no "need" to call myself a Secular Humanist.

being skeptic... by definition, overrides any "need to identify" with a philosophical ideology.

Again, no such need exists.

I am a Humanist. I believe in a rational philosophy of life, informed by science, inspired by art, and motivated by a desire to do good for its own sake and not by an expectation of a reward or fear of punishment in an afterlife.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 28, 2012 - 9:25PM #40
mountain_man

Jun 28, 2012 -- 8:14PM, Aka_me wrote:

it doesn't ****ing matter what I am!

Why do you have this need to first and foremost identify as a bahai?

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 4 of 8  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook