Page 1 of 13  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 13 Next
Switch to Forum Live View My conversation with two JW ladies yesterday!
2 years ago  ::  Jun 24, 2012 - 1:14PM #1
Johan Henze

Yesterday I seized the oppurtunity to ask two JW ladies what they think and whether they have heard about the Conti case and they said no!

So I asked them should they be warned of a molester amongst them to which they kept saying that if one is found guilty he will be didfellowshipped ! They kept avoiding the real question just like Atalaya and Newtnian did!

The one woman asked me if Conti is stil a JW t which I replied Im not very sure but in her heart I think she is as she has never officially resigned unless of course the WTS will have her disfellowshipped and the witnesses shnning her !

I was then told folks like Conti bring reproach on Jehovah to which I asked 

Did God says their must be two witnesses before a matte re molesters should be taken further !

Did God write a letter of confedentiallity re such cases to the elders!

but then they made this claim and was this claim that really made me feel I had to share it with you folks !

If there will be only JW their will be no more wars !

Let us hear what the JW folks hear have to say as I will give the same reply to them as yo the ladies! Do you really believe that if curretly everyone isd JW their will be no wars ?       

The Watchtower is not the instrument of any man or any set of men, nor is it published according to the whims of men.No man,s opinion is expressed in the Watchtower WT 01/11 1931.P 327 If you believe that you will believe anything!
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 24, 2012 - 2:03PM #2
Presentsiimpletense

If there will be only JW their will be no more wars !

Hi eloquens!

Lets see jw do not go to war so its safe  to say that there would be no wars if there were only jw...by the same token  still would be left with child molesters, murderers, wife beaters, embezellers, theives, liars, adulturers, fornicators, divorce.   Thats the 'spiritual paradise' that is the jw reality.....no wars though!

In the vindication of the truth
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 24, 2012 - 2:13PM #3
AnnOMaly

I was then told folks like Conti bring reproach on Jehovah ... 

Don't you mean that they said 'folks like Kendrick (the molester) bring reproach on Jehovah'? They wouldn't have said that the victim brought reproach, surely?

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 24, 2012 - 8:32PM #4
woodzz

Jun 24, 2012 -- 2:13PM, AnnOMaly wrote:

I was then told folks like Conti bring reproach on Jehovah ... 

Don't you mean that they said 'folks like Kendrick (the molester) bring reproach on Jehovah'? They wouldn't have said that the victim brought reproach, surely?

I'm a big fan of your optimism, Ann. Wink

Also, I had read that Conti was not a baptized JW.

Woodzz

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 25, 2012 - 7:25AM #5
Johan Henze

They always seem to blame the victim ! One of the points we raised during the conversation was I asking her to take me to Matthew 17: 21 and upon reaching the verse I saw the verse was not there but only a line ! So I was told the words are not in the Greek so they left it out. when coming to Jesus only being the mediator for the anointed I was told I don read their books rigth , havent I heard that somewhre before :) but the best part was whe I was told you must have been a JW before cause how can I know all these stuff!

The Watchtower is not the instrument of any man or any set of men, nor is it published according to the whims of men.No man,s opinion is expressed in the Watchtower WT 01/11 1931.P 327 If you believe that you will believe anything!
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 26, 2012 - 6:23AM #6
AnnOMaly

Jun 25, 2012 -- 7:25AM, Johan Henze wrote:

They always seem to blame the victim !

So they actually said Conti was the one bringing reproach? *Sigh*

One of the points we raised during the conversation was I asking her to take me to Matthew 17: 21 and upon reaching the verse I saw the verse was not there but only a line ! So I was told the words are not in the Greek so they left it out.

The NWT Greek Scriptures are based on the Wescott and Hort Text which leaves v. 21 blank.

See for yourself.

when coming to Jesus only being the mediator for the anointed I was told I don read their books rigth , havent I heard that somewhre before :)

*Another sigh*

but the best part was whe I was told you must have been a JW before cause how can I know all these stuff!

LOL!

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 26, 2012 - 12:37PM #7
Johan Henze

Jun 26, 2012 -- 6:23AM, AnnOMaly wrote:

They always seem to blame the victim !

So they actually said Conti was the one bringing reproach? *Sigh*

>>Yes they did in fact Conti had a motive alas them since the elders do disfellowship those who are found guilty!     

One of the points we raised during the conversation was I asking her to take me to Matthew 17: 21 and upon reaching the verse I saw the verse was not there but only a line ! So I was told the words are not in the Greek so they left it out.

The NWT Greek Scriptures are based on the Wescott and Hort Text which leaves v. 21 blank.

See for yourself.

>>I was told it is not in the Greek manuscripts !

>>But when JW wants to make a point that support their doctrine then other Bibles wheter its not in the Greek is good enough !

when coming to Jesus only being the mediator for the anointed I was told I don read their books rigth , havent I heard that somewhre before :)

*Another sigh*

>>Yes they told me ! It just cannot be , we pray to Jehovah trough Jesus ! Ive beem a JW all my life !  

but the best part was whe I was told you must have been a JW before cause how can I know all these stuff!

LOL!

You know they just cannot belief a Chrsitian can know so much about their religion yet many a JW can cire what the pope did in the 12 th century!   

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 26, 2012 - 1:19PM #8
AnnOMaly

>>Yes they did in fact Conti had a motive alas them since the elders do disfellowship those who are found guilty!

*rolls eyes*

Well, they were on the right track.

>>Yes they told me ! It just cannot be , we pray to Jehovah trough Jesus ! Ive beem a JW all my life !

You know, I've heard a couple of different long-time elders in the local KH who have referred to Jesus as "our mediator" in recent years. It just comes from a natural reading of the Scripture. They've simply forgotten the WTS/GB's interpretation on it. 

You know they just cannot belief a Chrsitian can know so much about their religion yet many a JW can cire what the pope did in the 12 th century!

LOL. Very true. I hope you reminded them of that.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 26, 2012 - 2:51PM #9
Johan Henze

Jun 26, 2012 -- 1:19PM, AnnOMaly wrote:

*rolls eyes*

>>I ll keep you updated when Im about to go out on Staurday again to hear how others respond!   

Well, they were on the right track.

>>The verse are not important when it comes to teachings !

You know, I've heard a couple of different long-time elders in the local KH who have referred to Jesus as "our mediator" in recent years. It just comes from a natural reading of the Scripture. They've simply forgotten the WTS/GB's interpretation on it.

>>Many a day Ann I will ask a JW to read 1 Tim 2: 5 and explain in their own words what it means and they will absolutaly agree with me nut then I piull out the copies from the WT etc all of a sudden they will just go along while you have others who will tell me i dont read right!      

LOL. Very true. I hope you reminded them of that.

Yep, I did  and was told well we dont believ in all those things that are thaught in the churches ! So I asked how come you know so much about what we believe sinec you both say you were raised witnesses ? 

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 26, 2012 - 3:49PM #10
woodzz

They always seem to blame the victim ! One of the points we raised during the conversation was I asking her to take me to Matthew 17: 21 and upon reaching the verse I saw the verse was not there but only a line ! So I was told the words are not in the Greek so they left it out. when coming to Jesus only being the mediator for the anointed I was told I don read their books rigth , havent I heard that somewhre before :) but the best part was whe I was told you must have been a JW before cause how can I know all these stuff!

When I was a JW it was very seldom that I met up with anyone like you, Johan.  Most people weren't interested in talking to us.  So I try to imagine what I would have said to you.

I'm sure I would have shared with you what I was taught:  Jesus was not my mediator. 

That's what the two who studied with me taught me.  When I asked them why, they said because he's the mediator of the new covenant and you aren't in it; it's between Jehovah and the 144,000 anointed class. 

However, we were taught that he is our high priest, so in that way he offered his ransom sacrifice for our atonement before Jehovah. But I never heard him referred to as mediator for anyone but the 144K.

Of course, I've since come to know from the Bible that all believers are IN the new covenant, and Jesus is the mediator for all of them.

Ann, if they are bringing a change in, they will need to separate mediator from the covenant, as they've done with the ransom, so that it will apply to those whom they teach are not IN the new covenant, but are UNDER it.  It could be by separating the meaning of mediator into two definitions, as they appear to be doing with "see" in Matthew 5:8 (which was explained to me as meaning perceive for the other sheep, but meaning see with the eyes for the anointed class).

Woodzz

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 13  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 13 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook