Page 3 of 6  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Switch to Forum Live View The 9 Most Bada$$ Bible Verses
2 years ago  ::  Jun 28, 2012 - 8:56PM #21
matica

Jesus's idea of a bad ass:

Yeah, that man beat the crap out of you and raped you then slit your throat, I'm gonna ressurrect that guy because in prison he repented of his sin, but you, your parents didn't follow the right religion so I'm gonna have to send you to hell.

Yeah, I made a bet with satan and I'm gonna let him torture a bunch of people just to prove that if they don't believe in me I'm gonna send them to burn in torture for eternity.

"I'm god almighty", who ever backs me will win wars. Who ever backs me will have my blessing in killing innocent people. Heck who ever backs me, (and I'lll switch my name to Allah when convienent), I won't die, but you will die, it's extra credit for you if you take out as many people as you can when you die. I set up this religion called the Jehovah's Witnesses, man are they suckers, they will die for me, they will even sacrifice their own children to the organization me and my dad set up. Nothing makes us more hyped than when a follower commits suicide in our name.

Yeah I'm a bad ass, I can kill or be the inspiration for death, top that MTF!

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 28, 2012 - 11:05PM #22
Ed_3

Jun 28, 2012 -- 2:20PM, Kemmer wrote:

Deuteronomy 32 (NASB)....The Song of Moses....God: ...all His ways are JUST 4 “The Rock! His work is perfect, For all His ways are JUST; A God of faithfulness and without injustice, Righteous and upright is He.

Including the fire-bombing and killing of two cities and their inhabitants over some trivial sexual and hospitality quibbles?

The murder by drowning of everyone in the world over a few Mesopotamian bad boys?

Righteous and upright?  Gimme a break.

Actually, Kemmer, it was more than just two cities. According to Jude 1:7(NIV), it was "Sodom and Gomorrah and the surrounding towns."

Also, a lot of people may not know this, but God actually spared one of those deparved, wicked, horrible cities that deserved to be flame broiled alive, called Zoar, simply because Lot was scared to escape to the mountanous regions and wanted to escape there. But nevertheless, God flame broiled Lot's two sons-in-law, even though the only thing that they were guilty of was not taking seriously a last minute warning that the city of Sodom was going to be destroy(and without any evidence to such.)

Genesis 19:12-14:

12 Meanwhile, the angels questioned Lot. “Do you have any other relatives here in the city?” they asked. “Get them out of this place—your sons-in-law, sons, daughters, or anyone else. 13 For we are about to destroy this city completely. The outcry against this place is so great it has reached the Lord, and he has sent us to destroy it.”

14 So Lot rushed out to tell his daughters’ fiancés, “Quick, get out of the city! The Lord is about to destroy it.” But the young men thought he was only joking.

Genesis 19:18-25(emphasis mine):

18 “Oh no, my lord!” Lot begged. 19 “You have been so gracious to me and saved my life, and you have shown such great kindness. But I cannot go to the mountains. Disaster would catch up to me there, and I would soon die. 20 See, there is a small village nearby. Please let me go there instead; don’t you see how small it is? Then my life will be saved.”

21 “All right,” the angel said, “I will grant your request. I will not destroy the little village. 22 But hurry! Escape to it, for I can do nothing until you arrive there.” (This explains why that village was known as Zoar, which means “little place.”)

23 Lot reached the village just as the sun was rising over the horizon. 24 Then the Lord rained down fire and burning sulfur from the sky on Sodom and Gomorrah. 25 He utterly destroyed them, along with the other cities and villages of the plain, wiping out all the people and every bit of vegetation.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 29, 2012 - 12:01AM #23
Kemmer

Actually, Kemmer, it was more than just two cities. According to Jude 1:7(NIV), it was "Sodom and Gomorrah and the surrounding towns."

Also, a lot of people may not know this, but God actually spared one of those deparved, wicked, horrible cities that deserved to be flame broiled alive, called Zoar, simply because Lot was scared to escape to the mountanous regions and wanted to escape there...

And you actually believe that eh?  Tsk tsk tsk.  Any contemporay corrobration of those blinding catastrophes from non-biblical sources?  I mean SOMEONE else must have noticed.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 29, 2012 - 1:27AM #24
Ed_3

Jun 29, 2012 -- 12:01AM, Kemmer wrote:

Also, a lot of people may not know this, but God actually spared one of those deparved, wicked, horrible cities that deserved to be flame broiled alive, called Zoar, simply because Lot was scared to escape to the mountanous regions and wanted to escape there...

And you actually believe that eh?  Tsk tsk tsk.  Any contemporay corrobration of those blinding catastrophes from non-biblical sources?  I mean SOMEONE else must have noticed.

Hey, whether it was true or not, I was just sharing some more Bada$$ Bible verses. Wink

Two innocent straight guys get roasted while deserving-of-destruction Zoar gets off scott free simply because Lot was scared.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 29, 2012 - 1:32AM #25
Kemmer

Two innocent straight guys get roasted while deserving-of-destruction Zoar gets off scott free simply because Lot was scared.

God likes gays best.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 29, 2012 - 9:14AM #26
Adelphe

Jun 28, 2012 -- 11:05PM, Ed_3 wrote:

Also, a lot of people may not know this, but God actually spared one of those deparved, wicked, horrible cities that deserved to be flame broiled alive, called Zoar, simply because Lot was scared to escape to the mountanous regions and wanted to escape there. But nevertheless, God flame broiled Lot's two sons-in-law, even though the only thing that they were guilty of was not taking seriously a last minute warning that the city of Sodom was going to be destroy...

Jun 29, 2012 -- 1:27AM, Ed_3 wrote:

Hey, whether it was true or not, I was just sharing some more Bada$$ Bible verses.

LOL!  Laughing

Anyway, Gen 19 is interesting--as is Lot.

Lot first says:

17 And as they brought them out, one said, “Escape for your life. Do not look back or stop anywhere in the valley. Escape to the hills, lest you be swept away.” 18 And Lot said to them, “Oh, no, my lords. 19 Behold, your servant has found favor in your sight, and you have shown me great kindness in saving my life. But I cannot escape to the hills, lest the disaster overtake me and I die. 20 Behold, this city is near enough to flee to, and it is a little one. Let me escape there—is it not a little one?—and my life will be saved!

Then we see Lot (who not only refused to believe the angels that his life would be spared), doing exactly the opposite of what he claimed he was afraid to do:

30 Now Lot went up out of Zoar and lived in the hills with his two daughters, for he was afraid to live in Zoar. So he lived in a cave with his two daughters.

And we can only also wonder about his state of mind and what was so "frightening" about Zoar that preferring to live in a cave with your two daughters and having sex with them was, um, "reassuring."

Unless I am convinced by Scripture and plain reason, my conscience is captive to the Word of God. I cannot and I will not retract anything, for to go against conscience would be neither right nor safe.  Here I stand.  I can do no other.  God help me.  Amen.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 29, 2012 - 6:54PM #27
rideronthastorm
I think genisis is beautiful especially the beginning of it
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 29, 2012 - 7:44PM #28
Adelphe

Jun 29, 2012 -- 6:54PM, rideronthastorm wrote:

I think genisis is beautiful especially the beginning of it

I like it too.  Smile

For lots of reasons (to include its beauty) but also because it establishes and provides the foundation for everything else we read in the rest of Scripture to make sense of God's working with Israel (and the rest of history.)

Unless I am convinced by Scripture and plain reason, my conscience is captive to the Word of God. I cannot and I will not retract anything, for to go against conscience would be neither right nor safe.  Here I stand.  I can do no other.  God help me.  Amen.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 30, 2012 - 12:24AM #29
Kemmer

For lots of reasons (to include its beauty) but also because it establishes and provides the foundation for everything else we read in the rest of Scripture to make sense of God's working with Israel (and the rest of history.)

Yup.

Once upon a time, in a land far, far away...

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 30, 2012 - 2:48AM #30
Bob_the_Lunatic

Jun 23, 2012 -- 12:45PM, Adelphe wrote:

Again, from Cracked.com (satire, sometimes serious (and frequently serious satire):

"If the Bible had been written by King Leonidas and the rest of the Spartans from 300, it would probably read pretty much the same as it does now.

It turns out, the Bible is already chock full of ass kicking. Here are the verses that make us want to take to the streets and put some unbelievers to the sword."  (LOL!)

9.  Exodus 2:11-12

8.  II Kings 2:23-24

7.  Ezekiel 23:19-20

6.  Judges 3:16-23

5.  Numbers 16:24, 31-33

4.  Deuteronomy 25:11-12

3.  1 Kings 18:24,38-40

2.  Judges 15:15-16

1.  1 Samuel 18:25-27

Quite understandable... without any reason and no other strategy, christians seem pretty lousy at propagating their religion WITHOUT the sword.  Mormons are the only exception it seems, all other christians really suck at it and typically think hate and scare tactics are the best tools they have.

If only you could go back to the good ol' days of "Kill them all and let god sort them out" and "kiss the cross or die" eh Adelphe?

3 cheers for christianity!

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 3 of 6  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook