Page 1 of 3  •  1 2 3 Next
Switch to Forum Live View 21 Pictures That Will Restore Your Faith In Humanity
2 years ago  ::  Jun 23, 2012 - 12:22PM #1
Adelphe
Here.

Do they?  Don't they?  Are they inspirational?  Are they not?  Do they have anything in common?  Nothing in common?  Are there those you've seen better?

Thoughts?

Unless I am convinced by Scripture and plain reason, my conscience is captive to the Word of God. I cannot and I will not retract anything, for to go against conscience would be neither right nor safe.  Here I stand.  I can do no other.  God help me.  Amen.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 23, 2012 - 1:27PM #2
newsjunkie

I hadn't lost my faith in humanity, but the photos definitely tug at the heartstrings.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 23, 2012 - 3:50PM #3
bigbear6161
I liked them. They point to our best impulses to help others especially those in need.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 23, 2012 - 6:47PM #4
G.flower

I think they are examples of the Golden Rule.

Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. Marcus Aurelius
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 23, 2012 - 7:00PM #5
davelaw40

Jun 23, 2012 -- 6:47PM, G.flower wrote:

eben the kitteh pics?

Non Quis, Sed Quid
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 23, 2012 - 7:05PM #6
G.flower

Jun 23, 2012 -- 7:00PM, davelaw40 wrote:

Jun 23, 2012 -- 6:47PM, G.flower wrote:

eben the kitteh pics?

Oh, yes. The kitteh in the last pic was showing great restraint by not savaging the kid. Smile

Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. Marcus Aurelius
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 23, 2012 - 11:13PM #7
jonny42

Jun 23, 2012 -- 12:22PM, Adelphe wrote:

Here.

Do they?  Don't they?  Are they inspirational?  Are they not?  Do they have anything in common?  Nothing in common?  Are there those you've seen better?

Thoughts?

They primarily involve selflessness.  I especially liked the one where the man gives away his sandals. 

Most are depictions of helping the helpless, which is a good thing.  But even better would be depictions of being good to one's persecutors.  "Love your enemies; do good to those who persecute you."  I think the more selflessness that's displayed, the more powerful it is.   For example, a forgiving woman hugging the repentant murderer of her child.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 24, 2012 - 7:45AM #8
G.flower

Jun 23, 2012 -- 11:13PM, jonny42 wrote:

Here.

Thoughts?

They primarily involve selflessness.  I especially liked the one where the man gives away his sandals. 

Most are depictions of helping the helpless, which is a good thing.  But even better would be depictions of being good to one's persecutors.  "Love your enemies; do good to those who persecute you."  I think the more selflessness that's displayed, the more powerful it is.   For example, a forgiving woman hugging the repentant murderer of her child.

I think that would be powerful if it came after the murderer made restitution.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 24, 2012 - 9:06AM #9
jonny42

Jun 24, 2012 -- 7:45AM, G.flower wrote:

Here.

Thoughts?

I'd say that repentance is the only meaningful restitution to a parent who's lost a child.  

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 24, 2012 - 3:04PM #10
G.flower

Jun 24, 2012 -- 9:06AM, jonny42 wrote:

Jun 24, 2012 -- 7:45AM, G.flower wrote:

Here.

Thoughts?

I'd say that repentance is the only meaningful restitution to a parent who's lost a child.  

Repentance includes restitution.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 3  •  1 2 3 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook