Page 4 of 4  •  Prev 1 2 3 4
Switch to Forum Live View ... fruitful images ...
2 years ago  ::  Jun 23, 2012 - 1:00AM #31
Kemmer

Jun 19, 2012 --  9:30AM, Miguel_de_servet wrote:

Please choose one of these two images ...
... as your favourite analogy of the "trinity", and then explain why.

My favorite Trinitarian anology would be the three-leafed poison oak frond.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 23, 2012 - 8:26AM #32

Miguel_de_serve,

Do you have a spirit?

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 23, 2012 - 8:43AM #33
Seefan

Jun 22, 2012 -- 11:39PM, Eliascomes wrote:

Jesus maid a statement about the spiritual realm is like the wind; So can we separated the winds and keep them apart? The wind and water can separate and combine back together. And so as Spirits can also.

Not when we are referring to the Essence of God in relation to Jesus and the Christ Spirit within Him ... 

Matthew 8:27The men were amazed and asked, “What kind of man is this? Even the winds and the waves obey him!”

Again because it appears that Jesus was able to perform miracles does not make Him God nor does He claim such a station ...

John 3:8
The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit.”

Again this has nothing to do with the topic at hand!  In talking about the wind and spirit is simple telling us about an attribute of spirit and is not making the assumption it is God ...

Exodus 14:16
Raise your staff and stretch out your hand over the sea to divide the water so that the Israelites can go through the sea on dry ground.

Not sure of your point here.  Are you saying that Moses is God as well?  Not to be rude but why not just give me a saying of Jesus' in the bible where He claims to be God.  It certainly would be more direct and would save you a lot of scripture posting that is easy to explain away as to it relating to the trinity ... 

Today the one overriding need is unity and harmony among the beloved of the Lord, for they should have among them but one heart and soul and should, so far as in them lieth, unitedly withstand the hostility of all the peoples of the world ... (Baha'i Writings)
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 23, 2012 - 10:27AM #34
Kemmer

Miguel_de_serve,

Do you have a spirit?

I have a benign "guiding" spirit named Lefir, a Finnish "Joe Sixpak" who died in the 11th century.  He announced himself during a seance some 50 years ago.  He used to live in my bronze cremation casket a friend gave me, but I gave the casket away years ago so I don't know where he currently hangs his spear and shield.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 4 of 4  •  Prev 1 2 3 4

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook