Post Reply
Page 3 of 4  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 Next
Switch to Forum Live View ... fruitful images ...
2 years ago  ::  Jun 21, 2012 - 7:32PM #21
Paladinsf
Posts: 3,660

Jun 21, 2012 -- 7:26PM, miknik5 wrote:

Jun 21, 2012 -- 6:37PM, Paladinsf wrote:

Jun 21, 2012 -- 1:57PM, miknik5 wrote:


Jun 21, 2012 -- 9:31AM, Paladinsf wrote:



Jun 19, 2012 -- 5:54PM, Eliascomes wrote:

We have our own trinity in us; us and the holy spirit and satan.  But God's are in harmony.




What bizarre "theology"! Where did you learn it?



You notice that also, I see.



Hint: The "ignore" feature works.Wink





Yes, we have our own trinity in us...and we were supposed to LOVE GOD with THAT trinity within us...BODY, SOUL, and SPIRIT...


Now, if the kingdom is divided it can not stand...do you suggest that darkness can exist with light?


If GOD casts out demons from a man, than that means ONE stronger has come...and satan has no power over those who are in CHRIST JESUS...please explain how satan can take up residence with the HOLY SPIRIT in the BODY OF CHRIST?




Hon, its your myth not mine.Laughing I make NO attempt to explain it.


Any more than I try to explain how Harry Potter gets that broomstick to work. I allow for fictional authors making up all kinds of stuff they don't need to explain. Warp drive, transporters, phasers, talking mice, walking cards, thinking scarecrows - don't need to explain any of them. Can't imagine why anyone would think they should be explained.


But its your myth, if you can "explain" it - that is offer objective testable falsifiable EVIDENCE for it - go! 


You'll be the first.




John 3:5-8


Jesus answered, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. "That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. "Do not be amazed that I said to you, ‘You must be born again.’ “The wind blows where it wishes and you hear the sound of it, but do not know where it comes from and where it is going; so is everyone who is born of the SpiritThe wind blows where it will...and just as you can not see the wind, but do feel the effects of it...so it is with every one who is born of THE HOLY SPIRIT...


1John 2:21-27


But ye have an unction from the Holy One, and ye know all things. I have not written unto you because ye know not the truth, but because ye know it, and that no lie is of the truth. Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son. Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: (but) he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also. Let that therefore abide in you, which ye have heard from the beginning. If that which ye have heard from the beginning shall remain in you, ye also shall continue in the Son, and in the Father.


And this is the promise that he hath promised us, eveneternal life.


These things have I written unto you concerning them that seduce you. But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.


GOD did what HE promised...HE said I will give them a NEW SPIRIT...a heart to know ME...HE did...(Ezekiel 11, 18, 36 & Jeremiah 24 & Hebrews 8 & 10)


s


Look up non-sequitur. 


Yep, that's it, exactly what you posted, meaningless non responsive nonsense. But hey, it's a free country and every body has the right to be foolish. 


Just that some of us make a habit of it.

The World is divided into armed camps ready to commit genocide just because we can't agree on whose fairy tales to believe.
The belief in supernatural religion will kill us all if we don't outgrow it.

When I first read "End of Faith" I thought Sam went too far. The more I read and listen to these "believers" the more I wonder if maybe he wasn't right after all.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 21, 2012 - 7:37PM #22
miknik5
Posts: 7,684

Jun 21, 2012 -- 7:26PM, miknik5 wrote:

Jun 21, 2012 -- 6:37PM, Paladinsf wrote:

Jun 21, 2012 -- 1:57PM, miknik5 wrote:


Jun 21, 2012 -- 9:31AM, Paladinsf wrote:



Jun 19, 2012 -- 5:54PM, Eliascomes wrote:

We have our own trinity in us; us and the holy spirit and satan.  But God's are in harmony.




What bizarre "theology"! Where did you learn it?



You notice that also, I see.



Hint: The "ignore" feature works.Wink





Yes, we have our own trinity in us...and we were supposed to LOVE GOD with THAT trinity within us...BODY, SOUL, and SPIRIT...


Now, if the kingdom is divided it can not stand...do you suggest that darkness can exist with light?


If GOD casts out demons from a man, than that means ONE stronger has come...and satan has no power over those who are in CHRIST JESUS...please explain how satan can take up residence with the HOLY SPIRIT in the BODY OF CHRIST?




Hon, its your myth not mine.Laughing I make NO attempt to explain it.


Any more than I try to explain how Harry Potter gets that broomstick to work. I allow for fictional authors making up all kinds of stuff they don't need to explain. Warp drive, transporters, phasers, talking mice, walking cards, thinking scarecrows - don't need to explain any of them. Can't imagine why anyone would think they should be explained.


But its your myth, if you can "explain" it - that is offer objective testable falsifiable EVIDENCE for it - go! 


You'll be the first.




John 3:5-8


Jesus answered, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. "That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. "Do not be amazed that I said to you, ‘You must be born again.’ “The wind blows where it wishes and you hear the sound of it, but do not know where it comes from and where it is going; so is everyone who is born of the SpiritThe wind blows where it will...and just as you can not see the wind, but do feel the effects of it...so it is with every one who is born of THE HOLY SPIRIT...


1John 2:21-27


But ye have an unction from the Holy One, and ye know all things. I have not written unto you because ye know not the truth, but because ye know it, and that no lie is of the truth. Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son. Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: (but) he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also. Let that therefore abide in you, which ye have heard from the beginning. If that which ye have heard from the beginning shall remain in you, ye also shall continue in the Son, and in the Father.


And this is the promise that he hath promised us, eveneternal life.


These things have I written unto you concerning them that seduce you. But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.


GOD did what HE promised...HE said I will give them a NEW SPIRIT...a heart to know ME...HE did...(Ezekiel 11, 18, 36 & Jeremiah 24 & Hebrews 8 & 10)


s


EZEKIEL 36


Also, thou son of man, prophesy unto the mountains of Israel, and say, Ye mountains of Israel, hear the word of the LORD: Thus saith the Lord GOD; Because the enemy hath said against you, Aha, even the ancient high places are ours in possession: Therefore prophesy and say, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Because they have made you desolate, and swallowed you up on every side, that ye might be a possession unto the residue of the heathen, and ye are taken up in the lips of talkers, and are an infamy of the people:Therefore, ye mountains of Israel, hear the word of the Lord GOD; Thus saith the Lord GOD to the mountains, and to the hills, to the rivers, and to the valleys, to the desolate wastes, and to the cities that are forsaken, which became a prey and derision to the residue of the heathen that are round about; Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD; Surely in the fire of my jealousy have I spoken against the residue of the heathen, and against all Idumea, which have appointed my land into their possession with the joy of all their heart, with despiteful minds, to cast it out for a prey. Prophesy therefore concerning the land of Israel, and say unto the mountains, and to the hills, to the rivers, and to the valleys, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I have spoken in my jealousy and in my fury, because ye have borne the shame of the heathen: 7Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD; I have lifted up mine hand, Surely the heathen that are about you, they shall bear their shame. But ye, O mountains of Israel, ye shall shoot forth your branches, and yield your fruit to my people of Israel; for they are at hand to come. For, behold, I am for you, and I will turn unto you, and ye shall be tilled and sown: And I will multiply men upon you, all the house of Israel, even all of it: and the cities shall be inhabited, and the wastes shall be builded And I will multiply upon you man and beast; and they shall increase and bring fruit: and I will settle you after your old estates, and will do better unto you than at your beginnings: and ye shall know that I am the LORD. Yea, I will cause men to walk upon you, even my people Israel; and they shall possess thee, and thou shalt be their inheritance, and thou shalt no more henceforth bereave them of men.


Thus saith the Lord GOD; Because they say unto you, Thou land devourest up men, and hast bereaved thy nations; Therefore thou shalt devour men no more, neither bereave thy nations any more, saith the Lord GOD. Neither will I cause mento hear in thee the shame of the heathen any more, neither shalt thou bear the reproach of the people any more, neither shalt thou cause thy nations to fall any more, saith the Lord GOD.


Moreover the word of the LORD came unto me, saying, Son of man, when the house of Israel dwelt in their own land, they defiled it by their own way and by their doings: their way was before me as the uncleanness of a removed woman. Wherefore I poured my fury upon them for the blood that they had shed upon the land, and for their idols wherewith they had polluted it: 19And I scattered them among the heathen, and they were dispersed through the countries: according to their way and according to their doings I judged them. And when they entered unto the heathen, whither they went, they profaned my holy name, when they said to them, These are the people of the LORD, and are gone forth out of his land. But I had pity for mine holy name, which the house of Israel had profaned among the heathen, whither they went.


****Therefore say unto the house of Israel, Thus saith the Lord GOD; I do not this for your sakes, O house of Israel, but for mine holy name's sake, which ye have profaned among the heathen, whither ye went. And I will sanctify my great name, which was profaned among the heathen, which ye have profaned in the midst of them; and the heathen shall know that I am the LORD, saith the Lord GOD, when I shall be sanctified in you before their eyes. For I will take you from among the heathen, and gather you out of all countries, and will bring you into your own land. Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you. A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh. And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them. And ye shall dwell in the land that I gave to your fathers; and ye shall be my people, and I will be your God. I will also save you from all your uncleannesses: and I will call for the corn, and will increase it, and lay no famine upon you. 30And I will multiply the fruit of the tree, and the increase of the field, that ye shall receive no more reproach of famine among the heathen. 31Then shall ye remember your own evil ways, and your doings that were not good, and shall lothe yourselves in your own sight for your iniquities and for your abominations. 32Not for your sakes do I this, saith the Lord GOD, be it known unto you: be ashamed and confounded for your own ways, O house of Israel.


33Thus saith the Lord GOD; In the day that I shall have cleansed you from all your iniquities I will also cause you to dwell in the cities, and the wastes shall be builded. 34And the desolate land shall be tilled, whereas it lay desolate in the sight of all that passed by. 35And they shall say, This land that was desolate is become like the garden of Eden; and the waste and desolate and ruined cities are become fenced, and are inhabited. 36Then the heathen that are left round about you shall know that I the LORD build the ruined places, and plant that that was desolate: I the LORD have spoken it, and I will do it.


37Thus saith the Lord GOD; I will yet for this be inquired of by the house of Israel, to do it for them; I will increase them with men like a flock. 38As the holy flock, as the flock of Jerusalem in her solemn feasts; so shall the waste cities be filled with flocks of men: and they shall know that I am the LORD.36

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 21, 2012 - 9:18PM #23
Paladinsf
Posts: 3,660

And apparently it is an addiction.


My "Ignore" list just got longer.Wink

The World is divided into armed camps ready to commit genocide just because we can't agree on whose fairy tales to believe.
The belief in supernatural religion will kill us all if we don't outgrow it.

When I first read "End of Faith" I thought Sam went too far. The more I read and listen to these "believers" the more I wonder if maybe he wasn't right after all.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 22, 2012 - 3:14AM #24
Eliascomes
Posts: 1,065

Jun 21, 2012 -- 9:18PM, Paladinsf wrote:


And apparently it is an addiction.


My "Ignore" list just got longer.



 No!!!, Please don't do that, I'll hate to see you living the rest of your life here on earth as a Hermit.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 22, 2012 - 3:31AM #25
Eliascomes
Posts: 1,065

Jun 19, 2012 -- 5:54PM, Eliascomes wrote:


Jun 19, 2012 -- 12:30PM, Miguel_de_servet wrote:

Please choose one of these two images ...



... as your favourite analogy of the "trinity", and then explain why.

MdS



 We have our own trinity in us; us and the holy spirit and satan.  But God's are in harmony.




 Two Hydrogen atoms and one oxygen atom which water is made of. These elements is what the body needs. God, Son, and Holy Spirit are combined together is the living water that the soul needs.


 


Revelation 7:17
For the Lamb at the center of the throne will be their shepherd; ‘he will lead them to springs of living water.’ ‘And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes.’ ”

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 22, 2012 - 5:07AM #26
Utilyan
Posts: 6,015

Jun 19, 2012 -- 12:30PM, Miguel_de_servet wrote:

Please choose one of these two images ...



... as your favourite analogy of the "trinity", and then explain why.

MdS





 


You know a favorite doesn't require the theoritical truth.     I like the apples they look like a group of friends who are touristing about.....    each of the apples look like they got thier own attitude and unique perspective.....   they look adventurous   but all 3 are apples =)


 


The cherries look like hey we are all one...... but if you look at the very very top stem......i see a frowny face.   like a frowny puppeteer....looking down on his three cherries.....


In fact the apples are like.....wtf is wrong with this guy =)

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 22, 2012 - 10:42AM #27
Seefan
Posts: 3,969

Jun 22, 2012 -- 3:31AM, Eliascomes wrote:

 

Jun 19, 2012 -- 5:54PM, Eliascomes wrote:


Jun 19, 2012 -- 12:30PM, Miguel_de_servet wrote:

Please choose one of these two images ...

... as your favourite analogy of the "trinity", and then explain why.

MdS



 We have our own trinity in us; us and the holy spirit and satan.  But God's are in harmony.



 Two Hydrogen atoms and one oxygen atom which water is made of. These elements is what the body needs. God, Son, and Holy Spirit are combined together is the living water that the soul needs. 


Revelation 7:17
For the Lamb at the center of the throne will be their shepherd; ‘he will lead them to springs of living water.’ ‘And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes.’ ” 




Interesting analogy Eliascomes but in the trinity you are trying to combine infinite reality with finite reality.  In that of the atoms, both are of the same substance just a different combination of physical matter.  It is definitely not the same ...


In Rev 7:17 it isn't joining the Lamb with God but simply telling us that the Lamb, when He appears will lead the faithful to God's teaching (Living Waters)!  I don't see how it applies to the concept of the trinity if that's the connection you're trying to make ...


Even "us, the Holy Spirit, and satan".  Depends upon definitions.  To my understanding satan is us.  It's our ego run rampant beyond its purpose and causing it to become selfish and self serving.  Vey anti-spiritual!  'Us' humans have a dual nature - that of the ego and that part which seeks communion with God (His attributes).  As we journey through life we constantly seek balance.  As to the Holy Spirit this is the vehicle God uses to connect His divine Will to creation.  The Holy Spirit does not become a part of us but allows us to grow.  To the degree that we adopt the teachings and qualities of God's Divine Will as reflected through the Manifestation of God for this age is to the degree we use that divine power to change more into His likeness!  We become more spiritual ...


 


 

Today the one overriding need is unity and harmony among the beloved of the Lord, for they should have among them but one heart and soul and should, so far as in them lieth, unitedly withstand the hostility of all the peoples of the world ... (Baha'i Writings)
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 22, 2012 - 3:46PM #28
Eliascomes
Posts: 1,065

Jun 22, 2012 -- 10:42AM, Seefan wrote:


Jun 22, 2012 -- 3:31AM, Eliascomes wrote:

 

Jun 19, 2012 -- 5:54PM, Eliascomes wrote:


Jun 19, 2012 -- 12:30PM, Miguel_de_servet wrote:

Please choose one of these two images ...

... as your favourite analogy of the "trinity", and then explain why.

MdS



 We have our own trinity in us; us and the holy spirit and satan.  But God's are in harmony.



 Two Hydrogen atoms and one oxygen atom which water is made of. These elements is what the body needs. God, Son, and Holy Spirit are combined together is the living water that the soul needs. 


Revelation 7:17
For the Lamb at the center of the throne will be their shepherd; ‘he will lead them to springs of living water.’ ‘And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes.’ ” 




Interesting analogy Eliascomes but in the trinity you are trying to combine infinite reality with finite reality.  In that of the atoms, both are of the same substance just a different combination of physical matter.  It is definitely not the same ...


In Rev 7:17 it isn't joining the Lamb with God but simply telling us that the Lamb, when He appears will lead the faithful to God's teaching (Living Waters)!  I don't see how it applies to the concept of the trinity if that's the connection you're trying to make ...


Even "us, the Holy Spirit, and satan".  Depends upon definitions.  To my understanding satan is us.  It's our ego run rampant beyond its purpose and causing it to become selfish and self serving.  Vey anti-spiritual!  'Us' humans have a dual nature - that of the ego and that part which seeks communion with God (His attributes).  As we journey through life we constantly seek balance.  As to the Holy Spirit this is the vehicle God uses to connect His divine Will to creation.  The Holy Spirit does not become a part of us but allows us to grow.  To the degree that we adopt the teachings and qualities of God's Divine Will as reflected through the Manifestation of God for this age is to the degree we use that divine power to change more into His likeness!  We become more spiritual ...


 


 




 I use water as an example, but Christ use.........



John 4:10
Jesus answered her, “If you knew the gift of God and who it is that asks you for a drink, you would have asked him and he would have given you living water.”


Matthew 28:19
Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,


Matthew 3:11
“I baptize you with water for repentance. But after me comes one who is more powerful than I, whose sandals I am not worthy to carry. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 22, 2012 - 5:46PM #29
Seefan
Posts: 3,969

Jun 22, 2012 -- 3:46PM, Eliascomes wrote:

 

Jun 22, 2012 -- 10:42AM, Seefan wrote:


Jun 22, 2012 -- 3:31AM, Eliascomes wrote:

 

Jun 19, 2012 -- 5:54PM, Eliascomes wrote:


Jun 19, 2012 -- 12:30PM, Miguel_de_servet wrote:

Please choose one of these two images ...

... as your favourite analogy of the "trinity", and then explain why.

MdS



 We have our own trinity in us; us and the holy spirit and satan.  But God's are in harmony.



 Two Hydrogen atoms and one oxygen atom which water is made of. These elements is what the body needs. God, Son, and Holy Spirit are combined together is the living water that the soul needs. 


Revelation 7:17
For the Lamb at the center of the throne will be their shepherd; ‘he will lead them to springs of living water.’ ‘And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes.’ ” 




Interesting analogy Eliascomes but in the trinity you are trying to combine infinite reality with finite reality.  In that of the atoms, both are of the same substance just a different combination of physical matter.  It is definitely not the same ...


In Rev 7:17 it isn't joining the Lamb with God but simply telling us that the Lamb, when He appears will lead the faithful to God's teaching (Living Waters)!  I don't see how it applies to the concept of the trinity if that's the connection you're trying to make ...


Even "us, the Holy Spirit, and satan".  Depends upon definitions.  To my understanding satan is us.  It's our ego run rampant beyond its purpose and causing it to become selfish and self serving.  Vey anti-spiritual!  'Us' humans have a dual nature - that of the ego and that part which seeks communion with God (His attributes).  As we journey through life we constantly seek balance.  As to the Holy Spirit this is the vehicle God uses to connect His divine Will to creation.  The Holy Spirit does not become a part of us but allows us to grow.  To the degree that we adopt the teachings and qualities of God's Divine Will as reflected through the Manifestation of God for this age is to the degree we use that divine power to change more into His likeness!  We become more spiritual ...  



 I use water as an example, but Christ use.........


John 4:10
Jesus answered her, “If you knew the gift of God and who it is that asks you for a drink, you would have asked him and he would have given you living water.”


As it says, Jesus is giving them a gift of God, not I am God ...


Matthew 28:19
Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,


Verse 18 says:  "All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth."  Jesus is telling the doubting disciples that God gave Him authority, not that He is God.  To establish this authority He tells his disciples to baptize in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit thereby teaching them that there is a 'relationship' with God.  Once again there is no mention that the three are one.  Too much liberty is taken to arrive at this mistaken conclusion. 


Matthew 3:11
“I baptize you with water for repentance. But after me comes one who is more powerful than I, whose sandals I am not worthy to carry. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire.
Again Matthew is not saying anything about Jesus being God.  Jesus' Christ Spirit within Him was the Word, the divine Will which allowed Jesus to live as God commanded.  The divine Will is not the essence of God but is separate but emamates from God as rays emanates from the sun.  Once they leave it is no longer a part of the sun but contains similar qualities ...





Today the one overriding need is unity and harmony among the beloved of the Lord, for they should have among them but one heart and soul and should, so far as in them lieth, unitedly withstand the hostility of all the peoples of the world ... (Baha'i Writings)
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 22, 2012 - 11:39PM #30
Eliascomes
Posts: 1,065

Jun 22, 2012 -- 5:46PM, Seefan wrote:


Jun 22, 2012 -- 3:46PM, Eliascomes wrote:

 

Jun 22, 2012 -- 10:42AM, Seefan wrote:


Jun 22, 2012 -- 3:31AM, Eliascomes wrote:

 

Jun 19, 2012 -- 5:54PM, Eliascomes wrote:


Jun 19, 2012 -- 12:30PM, Miguel_de_servet wrote:

Please choose one of these two images ...

... as your favourite analogy of the "trinity", and then explain why.

MdS



 We have our own trinity in us; us and the holy spirit and satan.  But God's are in harmony.



 Two Hydrogen atoms and one oxygen atom which water is made of. These elements is what the body needs. God, Son, and Holy Spirit are combined together is the living water that the soul needs. 


Revelation 7:17
For the Lamb at the center of the throne will be their shepherd; ‘he will lead them to springs of living water.’ ‘And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes.’ ” 




Interesting analogy Eliascomes but in the trinity you are trying to combine infinite reality with finite reality.  In that of the atoms, both are of the same substance just a different combination of physical matter.  It is definitely not the same ...


In Rev 7:17 it isn't joining the Lamb with God but simply telling us that the Lamb, when He appears will lead the faithful to God's teaching (Living Waters)!  I don't see how it applies to the concept of the trinity if that's the connection you're trying to make ...


Even "us, the Holy Spirit, and satan".  Depends upon definitions.  To my understanding satan is us.  It's our ego run rampant beyond its purpose and causing it to become selfish and self serving.  Vey anti-spiritual!  'Us' humans have a dual nature - that of the ego and that part which seeks communion with God (His attributes).  As we journey through life we constantly seek balance.  As to the Holy Spirit this is the vehicle God uses to connect His divine Will to creation.  The Holy Spirit does not become a part of us but allows us to grow.  To the degree that we adopt the teachings and qualities of God's Divine Will as reflected through the Manifestation of God for this age is to the degree we use that divine power to change more into His likeness!  We become more spiritual ...  



 I use water as an example, but Christ use.........


John 4:10
Jesus answered her, “If you knew the gift of God and who it is that asks you for a drink, you would have asked him and he would have given you living water.”


As it says, Jesus is giving them a gift of God, not I am God ...


John 15:26
 “When the Advocate comes, whom I will send to you from the Father—the Spirit of truth who goes out from the Father—he will testify about me.


John 14:17
the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you.


John 14:6
Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.


John 18:37
“You are a king, then!” said Pilate. Jesus answered, “You say that I am a king. In fact, the reason I was born and came into the world is to testify to the truth. Everyone on the side of truth listens to me.”


 It sound like Jesus has more than His spirit dwelling in Him.


Matthew 28:19
Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,


Verse 18 says:  "All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth."  Jesus is telling the doubting disciples that God gave Him authority, not that He is God.  To establish this authority He tells his disciples to baptize in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit thereby teaching them that there is a 'relationship' with God.  Once again there is no mention that the three are one.  Too much liberty is taken to arrive at this mistaken conclusion. 


Matthew 3:11
“I baptize you with water for repentance. But after me comes one who is more powerful than I, whose sandals I am not worthy to carry. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire.
Again Matthew is not saying anything about Jesus being God.  Jesus' Christ Spirit within Him was the Word, the divine Will which allowed Jesus to live as God commanded.  The divine Will is not the essence of God but is separate but emamates from God as rays emanates from the sun.  Once they leave it is no longer a part of the sun but contains similar qualities ...




 Jesus maid a statement about the spiritual realm is like the wind; So can we separated the winds and keep them apart? The wind and water can separate and combine back together. And so as Spirits can also.


Matthew 8:27The men were amazed and asked, “What kind of man is this? Even the winds and the waves obey him!”


John 3:8
The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit.”



Exodus 14:16
Raise your staff and stretch out your hand over the sea to divide the water so that the Israelites can go through the sea on dry ground.





Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 3 of 4  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 Next
 
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

    Beliefnet On Facebook