Page 1 of 4  •  1 2 3 4 Next
Switch to Forum Live View ... fruitful images ...
2 years ago  ::  Jun 19, 2012 - 12:30PM #1
Miguel_de_servet
Please choose one of these two images ...

... as your favourite analogy of the "trinity", and then explain why.

MdS
Revelation is above, not against Reason

“The everlasting God is a refuge, and underneath you are his eternal arms ...” (Deut 33:27)
“Do you have an arm like God, and can you thunder with a voice like his?” (Job 40:9)
“By the Lord’s word [dabar] the heavens were made; and by the breath [ruwach] of his mouth all their host.” (Psalm 33:6)
“Who would have believed what we just heard? When was the arm of the Lord revealed through him?” (Isaiah 53:1)
“Lord, who has believed our message, and to whom has the arm of the Lord been revealed?” (John 12:38)
“For not the hearers of the law are righteous before God, but the doers of the law will be declared righteous.” (Romans 2:13)

“Owe no one anything, except to love one another, for the one who loves his neighbor has fulfilled the law.”(Romans 13:8)
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 19, 2012 - 12:39PM #2
Rgurley4

NEITHER!

There are no logical analogies which can explain the spiritual TRI-UNE GOD.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 19, 2012 - 1:01PM #3
Ed.W

Nah, let's let this thread sink like a stone, guys.  We've had enough Trinty to last till Christmas.

Have you got anything I can sink my teeth into?
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 19, 2012 - 1:01PM #4
miknik5

Jun 19, 2012 -- 12:30PM, Miguel_de_servet wrote:

MdS

Neither...as both suggest a source which brought forth three things...but that is not the case...you would have been better showing a triangle...with three points but all interconnected and the same and complete in that when they are joined there is understanding of what the image represents.

So it is with GOD...FATHER, SON, HOLY SPIRIT...if one has the FATHER, but does not have THE SON, than one does not have the HOLY SPIRIT...many have god(s), but they deny and reject THE SON...and if they deny and reject THE SON, than they most definitely do not have THE FATHER who sent HIM...and they lie about GOD as if they can stand before GOD apart from the ONE who makes men clean...

That is professing another way...and there is no other way back unto the presence of THE FATHER, except by, in and through THE SON who came for the very purpose to restore the severed relationship with the SOURCE of their very LIFE...GOD the FATHER...

There is a gap between heaven and earth that no man can cross...because the man who wants to cross that gap must come by way of the BRIDGE/WAY/PATH/LADDER which has been offered him...and that is THE SON...who is the ONLY WAY/DOOR/PATH/LADDER/BRIDGE back unto HIS PRESENCE...

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 19, 2012 - 5:20PM #5
Paladinsf

Jun 19, 2012 -- 12:39PM, Rgurley4 wrote:

NEITHER!

There are no logical analogies which can explain the spiritual TRI-UNE GOD.

Which is pretty good evidence the whole concept is nonsense - cubed.

The World is divided into armed camps ready to commit genocide just because we can't agree on whose fairy tales to believe.
The belief in supernatural religion will kill us all if we don't outgrow it.

When I first read "End of Faith" I thought Sam went too far. The more I read and listen to these "believers" the more I wonder if maybe he wasn't right after all.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 19, 2012 - 5:28PM #6
JimRigas

I'lltake the top one, but be careful not to shake it too much (i.e.ask questions about it) or it will fall apart.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 19, 2012 - 5:39PM #7
shirleyj227

Mario, I can not see the images.

Shirley

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 19, 2012 - 5:45PM #8
mainecaptain

Jun 19, 2012 -- 5:39PM, shirleyj227 wrote:

Shirley

It is a trinity of apples, and a trinity of cherries.

Nice to see you Shirley. Truce ? Sincerely

A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side. Aristotle
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow. Plato..
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives" Jackie Robinson
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 19, 2012 - 5:54PM #9
Eliascomes

Jun 19, 2012 -- 12:30PM, Miguel_de_servet wrote:

MdS

We have our own trinity in us; us and the holy spirit and satan.  But God's are in harmony.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 19, 2012 - 6:01PM #10
shirleyj227

Jun 19, 2012 -- 5:45PM, mainecaptain wrote:

Jun 19, 2012 -- 5:39PM, shirleyj227 wrote:

Shirley

It is a trinity of apples, and a trinity of cherries.

Nice to see you Shirley. Truce ? Sincerely

Yes we have a truce. Thank you.

Shirley

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 4  •  1 2 3 4 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook