Page 9 of 9  •  Prev 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9
Switch to Forum Live View BoM as American Literature
2 years ago  ::  Jun 30, 2012 - 9:03PM #81
Habala?!

Jun 30, 2012 -- 6:57PM, moksha8088 wrote:

Jun 30, 2012 -- 12:29AM, Habala?! wrote:

Don't go blaming the Velveeta on the Germans.

Velveeta would never make it as a French cheese.  It is soft at room temperature rather than runny and it does not have a pungent odor, nor do the French go in for Philadelphia sandwiches with Cheese Whiz. The French know that good Philadelphia sandwiches use provolone cheese.

As a culinary graduate I know of le fromages français. I don't go for Cheese Whiz Philly cheesesteaks. I too enjoy them with provolone, but imagine one, if you will, with gruyere. I know the Italians think the king of cheese is Parmegiano-Reggiano is the king of cheese, but they are mistaken. It is a fine cheese, however it is a false king.  All hail gruyere! The true king of cheese!

"When you walk, you might like to take the hand of a child. She will receive your concentration and stability, and you will receive her freshness and innocence." -Tich Naht Hanh
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 30, 2012 - 9:06PM #82
Habala?!

Jun 30, 2012 -- 7:20PM, mecdukebec wrote:

Jun 30, 2012 -- 7:12PM, moksha8088 wrote:

Jun 30, 2012 -- 7:06PM, mecdukebec wrote:

The French avoid le Philadelphie, just like one would avoid Teutons in a sauna bath (i.e. "Matches here ist verbotten to be lit, thanks to the gaz.").

Likewise, they would never send any Canadian girls with a lisp to Wisconsin in fear that they could come back Thor.

Men with hammers, that's an Anglo fantasy.  I prefer Labradors and strawberries. 

This Anglophone only wields wooden weapons (staffs, bokken, ect.), aside from my shotgun that is.

"When you walk, you might like to take the hand of a child. She will receive your concentration and stability, and you will receive her freshness and innocence." -Tich Naht Hanh
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jul 01, 2012 - 8:05AM #83
mecdukebec

Jun 30, 2012 -- 9:03PM, Habala?! wrote:

Jun 30, 2012 -- 6:57PM, moksha8088 wrote:

Jun 30, 2012 -- 12:29AM, Habala?! wrote:

Don't go blaming the Velveeta on the Germans.

Velveeta would never make it as a French cheese.  It is soft at room temperature rather than runny and it does not have a pungent odor, nor do the French go in for Philadelphia sandwiches with Cheese Whiz. The French know that good Philadelphia sandwiches use provolone cheese.

As a culinary graduate I know of le fromages français. I don't go for Cheese Whiz Philly cheesesteaks. I too enjoy them with provolone, but imagine one, if you will, with gruyere. I know the Italians think the king of cheese is Parmegiano-Reggiano is the king of cheese, but they are mistaken. It is a fine cheese, however it is a false king.  All hail gruyere! The true king of cheese!

"All Hail, Gruyère."  Rather sounds like some Teutonic zinger, uttered by the Prussian General Staff, as the motorcade circles around l'Arc de Triomphe.  Anything like that sounds utterly hideous, as in the idea of "German 'cooking.'"

"Wesley told the early Methodists to gain all they could and save all they could so that they could give all they could. It means that I consider my money to belong to God and I see myself as one of the hungry people who needs to get fed with God’s money. If I really have put all my trust in Jesus Christ as savior and Lord, then nothing I have is really my own anymore."
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 9 of 9  •  Prev 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook