Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2
2 years ago  ::  Jun 18, 2012 - 1:37AM #11
Lilwabbit

'Abdu'l-Bahá on the influence of the stars.

"All things have I willed for you, and you too, for your own sake."
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 18, 2012 - 11:29AM #12
Jupiter6208

Jun 18, 2012 -- 1:15AM, Lilwabbit wrote:

Jun 17, 2012 -- 10:44PM, Jupiter6208 wrote:

i'm afraid i disagree especially  regarding out of body experiences.

Actually one of the most powerful and well-known out of body experiences in America was by Reinee Pasarow -- a Bahá'í. She became a Bahá'í after her first experience as a teenager when she was studying the Hidden Words.

No, don't go now reading the Hidden Words and expect a similar experience! We are advised not to "seek" spiritual experiences for the sake of such experiences. It's considered selfish. They come if they come. But we do acknowledge the existence of some while we also recognize that a great percentage of the "paranormal" stories out there are superstitions. Imagination can also play a trick on us and we're warned against putting too much weight on it. Ours is a grounded Faith after all.

Our focus is on spirituality by prayer, meditation and pious deeds for the service of mankind. All other type of "spirituality" will not save this planet from man's own neglect of God's commandments.

Kind regards,

LilWabbit

Yes i know of Miss Pasarow and it was due to a near death experience in which she had died briefly and had the out of body experience not by reading the Hidden words...

"A person who is nice to you, but rude to the waiter, is not a nice person."  Dave Berry

You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger. Buddha.

What the heart loves, the will chooses, and the mind justifies.”

― Thomas Cranmer
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 18, 2012 - 12:51PM #13
Lilwabbit

Jun 18, 2012 -- 11:29AM, Jupiter6208 wrote:

Yes i know of Miss Pasarow and it was due to a near death experience in which she had died briefly and had the out of body experience not by reading the Hidden words...

Yes, but I meant she had just gotten the Hidden Words at a Bahá'í Fireside which had made her consider Christ's return. The actual NDE of course didn't occur while reading or necessarily due to reading. But it did confirm her in the newly-found Faith in her own words. Her NDEs contained references to the Báb and Bahá'u'lláh and terms such as "Blessed Beauty" which she wasn't familiar with before but which she found in the Bahá'í Writings.

Kind regards,

LilWabbit

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 23, 2012 - 5:53PM #14
SeraphimR

"Our focus is on spirituality by prayer, meditation and pious deeds for the service of mankind. All other type of "spirituality" will not save this planet from man's own neglect of God's commandments."

What other types of spirituality are there?

People with a mission to save the earth want the earth to seem worse than it is so their mission will look more important.

P.J. O'Rourke
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 23, 2012 - 6:42PM #15
Aka_me

Jun 23, 2012 -- 5:53PM, SeraphimR wrote:

"Our focus is on spirituality by prayer, meditation and pious deeds for the service of mankind. All other type of "spirituality" will not save this planet from man's own neglect of God's commandments."

ritual: mikveh, baptism, prostrations, ordinances, communion, confirmation, chanting, weddings, ceremonies, laying on of hands, exorcisms, etc etc.

not being able to debate is one thing, employing censorship to avoid debate is beyond words.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 23, 2012 - 7:28PM #16
in_my_opinion

Service, fasting and giving to the Fund are also spiritual acts. In fact only Bahá'ís in good standing are allowed to contribute to Bahá'í Funds.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 23, 2012 - 7:29PM #17
SeraphimR

Jun 23, 2012 -- 6:42PM, Aka_me wrote:

ritual: mikveh, baptism, prostrations, ordinances, communion, confirmation, chanting, weddings, ceremonies, laying on of hands, exorcisms, etc etc.

OK.  But Lilwabbit is a fan of chanting.

People with a mission to save the earth want the earth to seem worse than it is so their mission will look more important.

P.J. O'Rourke
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 23, 2012 - 7:38PM #18
in_my_opinion

Jun 23, 2012 -- 7:29PM, SeraphimR wrote:

Jun 23, 2012 -- 6:42PM, Aka_me wrote:

OK.  But Lilwabbit is a fan of chanting.

So, are Judaism, Christianity and Islam.

Jews chant prayer; Gregorian chants are famous; and Muslims raise their voice in prayer and exultation, too!

Don't hate. Embrace the pain of truth. Recall that the Lord said that the truth "... shall set you free". We may not be worthy of martyrdom but we can still try to be good enough.

We just have to be sure, as the Catholics say, "to be on the side of the angels".

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 24, 2012 - 12:49AM #19
Lilwabbit

Consulting a psychic to improve one's sex-life.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 25, 2012 - 6:09PM #20
in_my_opinion

"Rapt Warmly"

When there is snow on the roof

And fire in the hearth of hearts

Smoke swirls out the chimney

And rises t'ward the stars

Cool dark specked with the almost hottest sparks

Far away but nearer than our parts