Post Reply
Page 1 of 66  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 66 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Jesus IS God? True or false?
2 years ago  ::  Jun 08, 2012 - 8:59AM #1
Daldianus
Posts: 32,442
This should be an easy questions for Christians because they usually (always?) claim that Jesus is God. There I'd like to know your opinion on this: is the statement 'Jesus is God' true or false?
>> Feed your brain with awesome!
“After your death you will be what you were before your birth.” - Arthur Schopenhauer
"Eternity is very long, especially towards the end." - Woody Allen
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 08, 2012 - 9:02AM #2
57
Posts: 23,429

true


For reasons why, start at post 1,

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 08, 2012 - 9:15AM #3
Daldianus
Posts: 32,442

Jun 8, 2012 -- 9:02AM, 57 wrote:


true



Ok, next question then:


Is the statement 'Jesus IS the Son of God' true or false?

>> Feed your brain with awesome!
“After your death you will be what you were before your birth.” - Arthur Schopenhauer
"Eternity is very long, especially towards the end." - Woody Allen
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 08, 2012 - 9:25AM #4
Adelphe
Posts: 28,736

Jun 8, 2012 -- 8:59AM, Daldianus wrote:

This should be an easy questions for Christians because they usually (always?) claim that Jesus is God. There I'd like to know your opinion on this: is the statement 'Jesus is God' true or false?



True--as in deity.

Jun 8, 2012 -- 9:15AM, Daldianus wrote:


Ok, next question then:


Is the statement 'Jesus IS the Son of God' true or false?




True.

Unless I am convinced by Scripture and plain reason, my conscience is captive to the Word of God. I cannot and I will not retract anything, for to go against conscience would be neither right nor safe.  Here I stand.  I can do no other.  God help me.  Amen.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 08, 2012 - 9:27AM #5
Daldianus
Posts: 32,442

Jun 8, 2012 -- 9:25AM, Adelphe wrote:


Jun 8, 2012 -- 8:59AM, Daldianus wrote:

This should be an easy questions for Christians because they usually (always?) claim that Jesus is God. There I'd like to know your opinion on this: is the statement 'Jesus is God' true or false?



True--as in deity.

Jun 8, 2012 -- 9:15AM, Daldianus wrote:


Ok, next question then:


Is the statement 'Jesus IS the Son of God' true or false?




True.



'as in deity'? That was not my question though, Adelphe.


Therefore again: IS Jesus God? Yes or No?


And with God I mean that being that's supposed to be the Creator, the Unmoved Mover, etc.

>> Feed your brain with awesome!
“After your death you will be what you were before your birth.” - Arthur Schopenhauer
"Eternity is very long, especially towards the end." - Woody Allen
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 08, 2012 - 9:40AM #6
Adelphe
Posts: 28,736

Jun 8, 2012 -- 9:27AM, Daldianus wrote:


Jun 8, 2012 -- 9:25AM, Adelphe wrote:


Jun 8, 2012 -- 8:59AM, Daldianus wrote:

This should be an easy questions for Christians because they usually (always?) claim that Jesus is God. There I'd like to know your opinion on this: is the statement 'Jesus is God' true or false?



True--as in deity.

Jun 8, 2012 -- 9:15AM, Daldianus wrote:


Ok, next question then:


Is the statement 'Jesus IS the Son of God' true or false?




True.



'as in deity'? That was not my question though, Adelphe.


Therefore again: IS Jesus God? Yes or No?


And with God I mean that being that's supposed to be the Creator, the Unmoved Mover, etc.




As I said on the other thread you're equivocating so of course clarification needs to be addressed.


It would be much like asking "Is Daldianus human?" and then "Is Daldianus the son of human?"

Unless I am convinced by Scripture and plain reason, my conscience is captive to the Word of God. I cannot and I will not retract anything, for to go against conscience would be neither right nor safe.  Here I stand.  I can do no other.  God help me.  Amen.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 08, 2012 - 9:43AM #7
57
Posts: 23,429

Jun 8, 2012 -- 9:15AM, Daldianus wrote:


Jun 8, 2012 -- 9:02AM, 57 wrote:


true



Ok, next question then:


Is the statement 'Jesus IS the Son of God' true or false?




True again..you tried this argument already and lost.  Why are you trying it again?

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 08, 2012 - 9:45AM #8
Daldianus
Posts: 32,442

Jun 8, 2012 -- 9:40AM, Adelphe wrote:

As I said on the other thread you're equivocating so of course clarification needs to be addressed.


It would be much like asking "Is Daldianus human?" and then "Is Daldianus the son of human?"




So 'God' is not referring to a SPECIFIC being? It's referring to a KIND, a QUALITY?


And when people say that 'Jesus IS God' then are not saying that he IS that ONE SPECIFIC BEING but simply that he is DIVINE?

>> Feed your brain with awesome!
“After your death you will be what you were before your birth.” - Arthur Schopenhauer
"Eternity is very long, especially towards the end." - Woody Allen
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 08, 2012 - 9:46AM #9
Daldianus
Posts: 32,442

Jun 8, 2012 -- 9:43AM, 57 wrote:

True again..you tried this argument already and lost.  Why are you trying it again?



Lost? lol, I must have missed something.


Ok, so what you're saying then is:


Premise 1: Jesus IS God.


Premise 2: Jesus IS the Son of God.


So the LOGICAL conclusion would HAVE to be: God IS the Son of God.


Do you agree? If not, why not?

>> Feed your brain with awesome!
“After your death you will be what you were before your birth.” - Arthur Schopenhauer
"Eternity is very long, especially towards the end." - Woody Allen
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 08, 2012 - 9:51AM #10
57
Posts: 23,429

Jun 8, 2012 -- 9:46AM, Daldianus wrote:


Jun 8, 2012 -- 9:43AM, 57 wrote:

True again..you tried this argument already and lost.  Why are you trying it again?



Lost? lol, I must have missed something.


Ok, so what you're saying then is:


Premise 1: Jesus IS God.


Premise 2: Jesus IS the Son of God.


So the LOGICAL conclusion would HAVE to be: God IS the Son of God.


Do you agree? If not, why not?




You think you understand God so well you can argue your point? 


Seriously.  


Do you NOT understand the basics of Trinity?  It  has been explained to you several times...but your lack of willingness to ...learn...is amazing. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 66  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 66 Next
 
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

    Beliefnet On Facebook