Page 3 of 3  •  Prev 1 2 3
Switch to Forum Live View Amway or Final Fantasy XIII?
2 years ago  ::  Jun 07, 2012 - 7:39PM #21
Sacrificialgoddess

Jun 7, 2012 -- 7:36PM, Ken wrote:

Jun 7, 2012 -- 7:24PM, Aka_me wrote:

Jun 7, 2012 -- 6:30PM, JCarlin wrote:

As the faiths became more controlling and dogmatic, reasonable people seemed to lose interest.

I'd say many (not all but a majority) of people who leave joined for the wrong reason, such as being lonely...

Maybe it just dawned on them that it was sack of pedestrian shite.

And it begs the question did people who left the faith they were born into join for the wrong reason...

Dark Energy. It can be found in the observable Universe. Found in ratios of 75% more than any other substance. Dark Energy. It can be found in religious extremists, in cheerleaders. To come to the conclusion that Dark signifies mean and malevolent would define 75% of the Universe as an evil force. Alternatively, to think that some cheerleaders don't have razors in their snatch is to be foolishly unarmed.

-- Tori Amos
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 07, 2012 - 7:49PM #22
wohali

SG:

"And it begs the question did people who left the faith they were born into join for the wrong reason..."

Indeed!

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 07, 2012 - 9:11PM #23
JCarlin

Jun 7, 2012 -- 7:25PM, Aka_me wrote:

he formed it in a question... by using the word IF

helps to pay attention

Some of us who paid attention in English Class learned the use of the conditional sentence.  It consists of two clauses.  The conditional clause posing a conditional situation "If one is an embarassment" [then] (frequently understood) something would happen.  When the conditional clause is false the [then] clause does not happen.

In this case the lack of response suggests that the conditional is false.  That is the Baha'is posting here are not an embarassment to their faith. 

J'Carlin
If the shoe doesn't fit, don't cram your foot in it and complain.
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 3 of 3  •  Prev 1 2 3

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook