Page 6 of 19  •  Prev 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 19 Next
Switch to Forum Live View What deluded Athiest post
2 years ago  ::  Jun 07, 2012 - 2:40PM #51
wohali

So who is adulterating atheists here? (no, that doesn't mean making them adults)

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 08, 2012 - 2:41PM #52
Bob_the_Lunatic

Jun 7, 2012 -- 1:31AM, Eudaimonist wrote:

Jun 6, 2012 -- 9:55PM, steven_guy wrote:

WTF is a "deluted" atheist?

Maybe he means a diluted atheist. ;)

eudaimonia,

Mark

Either diluted or deluded or perhaps he invented a conjunction of the two.... christians seem to enjoy making up words and meanings ...

I guess if I had no facts or reason for my arguments, I might feel the same need.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 08, 2012 - 8:24PM #53
wohali

Delusion = imaginary friends and creators

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 12, 2012 - 4:18PM #54
Lavengro

"[The universe] wasn't created or self created. It formed from pre-existing mater that was already there. Virtual particles are created out of nothing."  (steven-guy,post 23).

There is no evidence, none, for your claims about the universe, steven_guy. Your middle sentence makes me think that you have major misconceptions about the big bang.

And what you say about virtual particles is incorrect. Virtual particles are generated from the so-called quantum-soup, which is not "nothing."  In the absence of the universe there is no quantum-soup so no virtual particles and (if your argument is that the creation of the universe is in some way analogous with the generation of virtual particles) no universe.  Ex nihilo nihil fit, you know.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 23, 2012 - 8:50AM #55

Jun 7, 2012 -- 1:25AM, Eudaimonist wrote:

First, I need to point out that I don't know what existed at the beginning of time.  It might have been a singularity, so let's just go with that for now.

No.  It never "just appeared".  It existed at the very beginning of time/change.  It never did not exist.

57:At least you confess the ability of something to be eternal. 

Whatever it was, it changed immediately.  There was never a "time" when it didn't change, since time would not exist with respect to that.

57:I see your belief is also constructed upon extreme faith.

eudaimonia,

Mark

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 23, 2012 - 10:12AM #56
Eudaimonist

Jun 23, 2012 -- 8:50AM, 57 wrote:

It isn't eternal, since nothing is outside of "time".  Everything changes.  Everything is in time.

Whatever it was, it changed immediately.  There was never a "time" when it didn't change, since time would not exist with respect to that.

I am drawing a logical conclusion.  There is no faith involved.  To someone who doesn't understand my position, it must seem like faith.

eudaimonia,

Mark

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 23, 2012 - 12:55PM #57
SeraphimR

Jun 23, 2012 -- 10:12AM, Eudaimonist wrote:

It isn't eternal, since nothing is outside of "time".  Everything changes.  Everything is in time.

I am drawing a logical conclusion.  There is no faith involved.  To someone who doesn't understand my position, it must seem like faith.

eudaimonia,

Mark

Electrons don't change.

People with a mission to save the earth want the earth to seem worse than it is so their mission will look more important.

P.J. O'Rourke
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 23, 2012 - 1:20PM #58
mainecaptain

eudaimonia,

Mark

In much the same way modern medicine or even space travel would seem like Magic or Witchcraft to those in a long ago century.

A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side. Aristotle
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow. Plato..
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives" Jackie Robinson
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 23, 2012 - 3:42PM #59

It isn't eternal, since nothing is outside of "time". 

57:Now you seem to be talking in circles.  In your previous post you said..."No.  It never "just appeared".  It existed at the very beginning of time/change.  It never did not exist."

So, which is it?

Everything changes.  Everything is in time.

eudaimonia,

Mark

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 23, 2012 - 4:00PM #60
Ken

Jun 23, 2012 -- 3:42PM, 57 wrote:

It isn't eternal, since nothing is outside of "time".

57:Now you seem to be talking in circles.  In your previous post you said..."No.  It never "just appeared".  It existed at the very beginning of time/change.  It never did not exist."

So, which is it?

You're in over your head. If you have any useful work to do, I suggest you go do it and stop meddling in matters you can't possibly understand.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 6 of 19  •  Prev 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 19 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook