Page 1 of 5  •  1 2 3 4 5 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Conception to Birth?
2 years ago  ::  May 31, 2012 - 12:36PM #1
Seefan

Here's a 9:38 min/sec video using the newest x-ray scanning technology that won its two inventors the Nobel Peace Prize that show the process from conception to birth. The question is after viewing this video with all of its fascinating steps is this a purely physical process design solely by nature or is it the result of a divine force within creation, mystical in practical application that allows for such a process?  The video starts off slowly but once the clips begin you may find it interesting and well worth the time and effort ......

www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=fKyljukBE7... 

Does the belief that God has a hand in this process translate into all aspects of creation? 

Today the one overriding need is unity and harmony among the beloved of the Lord, for they should have among them but one heart and soul and should, so far as in them lieth, unitedly withstand the hostility of all the peoples of the world ... (Baha'i Writings)
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 31, 2012 - 1:05PM #2
newsjunkie

May 31, 2012 -- 12:36PM, Seefan wrote:

Here's a 9:38 min/sec video using the newest x-ray scanning technology that won its two inventors the Nobel Peace Prize that show the process from conception to birth. The question is after viewing this video with all of its fascinating steps is this a purely physical process design solely by nature or is it the result of a divine force within creation, mystical in practical application that allows for such a process?  The video starts off slowly but once the clips begin you may find it interesting and well worth the time and effort ......

Does the belief that God has a hand in this process translate into all aspects of creation? 

That is fascinating. What is also fascinating is how similar developing embryos of other animals are to developing human embryos. I was amazed at how long it took the embryo to look distinctly human. You might be interested in a book called "Your Inner Fish"(by Neil Shubin) that shows how so much of our human anatomy -- our skin, limbs, eyes and vision, ears and hearing, developed from the same basic structures and DNA instructions that other animals have and use.
It's also fascinating and amazing that humans have figured so much of this out using science and the technologies like that used to make the video.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 31, 2012 - 1:34PM #3

May 31, 2012 -- 1:05PM, newsjunkie wrote:

That is fascinating. What is also fascinating is how similar developing embryos of other animals are to developing human embryos. I was amazed at how long it took the embryo to look distinctly human. You might be interested in a book called "Your Inner Fish"(by Neil Shubin) that shows how so much of our human anatomy -- our skin, limbs, eyes and vision, ears and hearing, developed from the same basic structures and DNA instructions that other animals have and use.
It's also fascinating and amazing that humans have figured so much of this out using science and the technologies like that used to make the video.

One would expect to see many similar characteristics between humans and the animal kingdom.  In fact it is extremely helpful in pointing out the common creator.  

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 31, 2012 - 2:22PM #4
Seefan

And on the note of science and technology, I believe that science and religion together are the wings that allow humanity to reach the potential we as a species are destined to achieve!  One without the other is like a broken winged bird that cannot fly properly ....

Today the one overriding need is unity and harmony among the beloved of the Lord, for they should have among them but one heart and soul and should, so far as in them lieth, unitedly withstand the hostility of all the peoples of the world ... (Baha'i Writings)
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 31, 2012 - 3:04PM #5
MMarcoe

May 31, 2012 -- 1:34PM, 57 wrote:

One would expect to see many similar characteristics between humans and the animal kingdom.  In fact it is extremely helpful in pointing out the common creator.  

Right -- as opposed to multiple creators. There seems to be an epidemic of polytheists out there whom we need to fight against by stressing this "common creator" thing.

Actually, what these "similar characteristics" point out are evolution and common descent. Your admission of common characteristics is one of the steps on your journey to accepting the theory of evolution as true. Once you've accepted it, you can dispense with the preposterous mental torture that creationists have had to endure in order to keep their failing model alive.

There are three sides to every story: your side, my side, and the truth.

God is just a personification of reality, of pure objectivity.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 31, 2012 - 3:23PM #6
davelaw40

"Ontogeny recapitulates phylogeny"?

recapitulation theory has been totally discredited

Non Quis, Sed Quid
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 31, 2012 - 3:29PM #7
MMarcoe

May 31, 2012 -- 3:23PM, davelaw40 wrote:

That's not what I'm talking about.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 31, 2012 - 3:31PM #8
davelaw40

May 31, 2012 -- 3:29PM, MMarcoe wrote:

sounds like a step-brother to the theory

Non Quis, Sed Quid
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 31, 2012 - 3:37PM #9
MMarcoe

May 31, 2012 -- 3:31PM, davelaw40 wrote:

Well, it's not.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 31, 2012 - 3:44PM #10
davelaw40

May 31, 2012 -- 3:37PM, MMarcoe wrote:

May 31, 2012 -- 3:31PM, davelaw40 wrote: