Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2
Switch to Forum Live View Harry Potter = Satan's Little Helper?
2 years ago  ::  May 25, 2012 - 1:28PM #11
jlb32168

I personally prefer Paolo Bacigalupi's The Windup Girl, or Connie Willis' Blackout, myself.  Herbert's Dune Chronicles were okay too.

Victim of this, victim of that, your mama’s too thin and your daddy’s too fat, get over it! - the Eagles
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 25, 2012 - 1:35PM #12
Iwantamotto

sdp:  (Side issue with Iwantamotto. The death of Jesus was a timing issue, he had to die on Passover. At the right time, he greased all the wheels).

I understand that's what the authors came to conclude, since they have to explain why Jesus just didn't "save" us to begin with.  The Angel of Death passed over Hebrews in Egypt.  Well, God ended up killing them all off anyway aside from a few youngun's here and there.  Jesus "saved" us from death, and God's still mad.  One wonders why the job position of Messiah is even available.

non_croyant:  Interesting that you guys are discussing the topic in earnest.

LOL, well, if you're bored enough to keep making threads with no point, we're bored enough to answer 'em.  :P

Knock and the door shall open.  It's not my fault if you don't like the decor.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 25, 2012 - 2:24PM #13
mytmouse57

While I can certainly understand the appeal of the Harry Potter stories and films, they never really clicked with me, so to speak.

When it comes to Satan's servants, my personal favorite is a little ole rock n' roll  band called Black Sabbath. Cool

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 25, 2012 - 2:30PM #14
non_croyant

Over Knights in Satan's Service?

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 25, 2012 - 3:43PM #15
davelaw40

May 25, 2012 -- 4:14AM, non_croyant wrote:

I feel like an Old Hat on alt.folklore.urban in 1991 right about now.

whats up, n-c?

long time / no see

Non Quis, Sed Quid
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 25, 2012 - 3:46PM #16
davelaw40

May 25, 2012 -- 2:24PM, mytmouse57 wrote:

While I can certainly understand the appeal of the Harry Potter stories and films, they never really clicked with me, so to speak.

When it comes to Satan's servants, my personal favorite is a little ole rock n' roll  band called Black Sabbath. 

the band that Pat Boone said were really misunderstood Old Testament Prophets?

Non Quis, Sed Quid
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 25, 2012 - 4:50PM #17
non_croyant

Good to see you again Davelaw.  I am kicking myself for giving this thread the wrong title.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 25, 2012 - 8:05PM #18
Ebon

The Harry Potter books are fairly clearly influenced by Christian mythology in the same way as the Narnia books. Now, that doesn't mean you have to be a Christian to enjoy them (Harry Potter or Narnia), I enjoyed both of them.

Hey NC, good to see you.

He who oppresses the poor shows contempt for their Maker, but whoever is kind to the needy honors God. ~ Proverbs 14:31

Fiat justitia, ruat caelum

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook