Page 1 of 28  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 28 Next
Switch to Forum Live View most atheists are not atheist
2 years ago  ::  May 23, 2012 - 7:10PM #1
Aka_me
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 23, 2012 - 8:11PM #2
wohali

Of course, one clown posts an opinion and Aka_me is ready to proclaim that atheists aren't atheist.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 23, 2012 - 8:12PM #3
teilhard

I don't know about "most" or "how many" ...

But, yes, I have encountered self-described "A-Theists" who come across as being instead, rather, "ANTI-Religion" or "ANTI"-Christian ... 

I agree ...

As I've commented previously, there is a HUGE difference, say, between simply passively being a person who "doesn't play 'golf," has no interest in "golf," and someone OTOH who thinks OTHERS shouldn't play "golf," either and that golfers are awful and delusional people and wants "golf" to disappear ...

May 23, 2012 -- 7:10PM, Aka_me wrote:

most atheists are not atheist... they are simply anti-Christian.

Moderated by Merope on May 23, 2012 - 10:07PM
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 23, 2012 - 10:12PM #4
Blü

I favor reasoned enquiry and reasoned discourse.  The question is, What's true in reality?

I'm against fundamentalism of all flavors.

I'm further against attitudes of exclusion, elitism, intolerance, narrowness, judgmental and punitive outlook, anti-science, dogmatism, dishonesty (including apologetics, sophistry and rationalization), avoidance of self-examination, and lack of insight, empathy and humor.

So I'm against various strands found (inter alia) in many religions, not least Christianity.

But that leaves many strands found (inter alia) in various religions including Christianity that I have little argument with.

I get on reasonably well with people of goodwill from anywhere.

On Bnet I'll argue with anyone who deserves an argument.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 23, 2012 - 10:34PM #5
Ken

That strikes me as a very silly thing to say. How do you propose to go about proving it? It doesn't even make sense. After all, if I truly believed in God and simply disliked Christianity, I wouldn't say "I don't believe in God." Instead, I'd demonstrate that my God was vastly superior to the Christian God.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 23, 2012 - 11:40PM #6
mountain_man

Which means you are not bahai but anti-Atheist.

Dave - Just a Man in the Mountains.

I am a Humanist. I believe in a rational philosophy of life, informed by science, inspired by art, and motivated by a desire to do good for its own sake and not by an expectation of a reward or fear of punishment in an afterlife.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 24, 2012 - 12:12AM #7
steven_guy

May 23, 2012 -- 11:40PM, mountain_man wrote:

Which means you are not bahai but anti-Atheist.

You know Dave, I couldn't be arsed looking at the link he posted. Was there anything in it I should see?

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 24, 2012 - 2:23AM #8
JCarlin

May 24, 2012 -- 12:12AM, steven_guy wrote:

I couldn't be arsed looking at the link he posted. Was there anything in it I should see?

It was a troll on answers.com.  Typical

J'Carlin
If the shoe doesn't fit, don't cram your foot in it and complain.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 24, 2012 - 9:21AM #9
intel

May 24, 2012 -- 2:23AM, JCarlin wrote:

I couldn't be arsed looking at the link he posted. Was there anything in it I should see?

A troll he may be.  And aka_me may be whatever you think as well.  But I see truth in what they said and I see it past whatever they may be.  It's funny how Blu goes on this self-righteous tirade and yet has nothing to say about the lack of the capacity of self-scrutiny of those he agrees with on B'Net.  I have yet to see Blu spare a word, let alone a post on the bigoted, dismissive, denial on the part of the self-styled atheists, here.  Hell, I'll even venture that if I made another B'Net persona dedicated to promoting atheism and aversion to all things religious, Blu and the other internally superior comrades would say nothing about my argumentation then, even if it is the same.

PS Do not wager against me.  It may be happening already.  (Watch your neighbors, lol.)

I would love for people to know what I know.  I'm just not certain if I would like them to find out how I found out.

intel
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 24, 2012 - 9:59AM #10
Ken

May 24, 2012 -- 9:21AM, intel wrote:

May 24, 2012 -- 2:23AM, JCarlin wrote:

A troll he may be.  And aka_me may be whatever you think as well.  But I see truth in what they said and I see it past whatever they may be. 

Then prove it. Prove that atheists are really theists who just don't like Christianity. I don't think you can.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 28  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 28 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook