Page 13 of 20  •  Prev 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 20 Next
Switch to Forum Live View What is your final authority
2 years ago  ::  Jun 08, 2012 - 9:40PM #121
marken

I am so happy  that  the FD slave  never  tries  to  get  me to  serve  any  Christ other  than Jesus.  Even  since  I have  been  accepting  their  help, there have  been  other men  who  have  arisen  that  could  mislead  me.   I  am  grateful  to  them  that  they  continue  to  aid  me  to  recognize  that  these  men  only  want  to lead  me  away  from the  great  crowd.  I  will  never  go!!  If  others  do not  wish  to  accept  the  direction  of  the  Lord  to be protected  during  the  destruction of  wickedness,  that  is  their  path!!  Not  mine.   I  do  not follow  my  Christ's  slave.  He  is  my  master  and  the  only one  I  want!!

with affection  from  Marken

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 09, 2012 - 12:07AM #122
Presentsiimpletense

Jun 8, 2012 -- 9:40PM, marken wrote:

I am so happy  that  the FD slave  never  tries  to  get  me to  serve  any  Christ other  than Jesus.  Even  since  I have  been  accepting  their  help, there have  been  other men  who  have  arisen  that  could  mislead  me.   I  am  grateful  to  them  that  they  continue  to  aid  me  to  recognize  that  these  men  only  want  to lead  me  away  from the  great  crowd.  I  will  never  go!!  If  others  do not  wish  to  accept  the  direction  of  the  Lord  to be protected  during  the  destruction of  wickedness,  that  is  their  path!!  Not  mine.   I  do  not follow  my  Christ's  slave.  He  is  my  master  and  the  only one  I  want!!

I don't know of any 'Christians' that serve any Christ other than Jesus....The WTS is the only corporation whos 'governing body' deny Christ mediatorship from everyone except those the gb say are "anointed".   

In the vindication of the truth
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 09, 2012 - 12:11AM #123
mrjordan

Agreed Marken! I always hear of those that would like to lead us away from those who's only purpose is help. A group of people that uses the bible in EVERYTHING they teach. A group of people that are so peaceful that they would rather face death than take other life in war. A group of people that believe in a loving God that wants nothing but the best for us. A group of people that have devoted their lives to bring us truth. What other purpose would they have? Are the Faithful and discreet slave here to mislead us into believing that Jehovah is so cruel that He would burn people forever for only 75 years of sin? We are not "mind controlled". Let's pretend there were millions of people under mind control, what would they do with millions of "mind controlled" people?

People, what is the faithful and discreet slave and the governing body's motivation? What does everyone think they want? All of the Witnesses on this board, what do we want?

Matthew 4:4 "But in reply he said: “It is written, ‘Man must live, not on bread alone, but on every utterance coming forth through Jehovah’s mouth"

Jesus often reffered to scripture to defend himself. Witnesses strive to do the same. Thus I submit this scripture.

Matthew 7:13,14 “Go in through the narrow gate; because broad and spacious is the road leading off into destruction, and many are the ones going in through it; 14 whereas narrow is the gate and cramped the road leading off into life, and few are the ones finding it.

If the Witnesses were trying to lead people to destruction, don't you think more people would be following us?

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 09, 2012 - 12:59AM #124
Presentsiimpletense

Jun 9, 2012 -- 12:11AM, mrjordan wrote:

Agreed Marken! I always hear of those that would like to lead us away from those who's only purpose is help. A group of people that uses the bible in EVERYTHING they teach. A group of people that are so peaceful that they would rather face death than take other life in war. A group of people that believe in a loving God that wants nothing but the best for us. A group of people that have devoted their lives to bring us truth. What other purpose would they have? Are the Faithful and discreet slave here to mislead us into believing that Jehovah is so cruel that He would burn people forever for only 75 years of sin? We are not "mind controlled". Let's pretend there were millions of people under mind control, what would they do with millions of "mind controlled" people?

People, what is the faithful and discreet slave and the governing body's motivation? What does everyone think they want? All of the Witnesses on this board, what do we want?

First do all jw agree on when the "fds"" over all the masters belongings"  came into existance?  Because WTS says 1918-1919, Newt says from 33 CE what is the criteria scripturally for those who are truly are "fds"  who were the "fds" in the 4th-18th centuries  what did they believe and teach?

Watchtower 1960 7/15 pp. The Awake “Faithful and Discreet Slave”

(...)

"...Let us consider what Jesus said further to his four disciples on that occasion when he was seated with them on the Mount of Olives. “Who really is the faithful and discreet slave whom his master appointed over his domestics to give them their food at the proper time?” (Matt. 24:45)

Note that now Jesus refers to the collective group as a “faithful and discreet slave,” the figure “slave” appropriately being in the singular. He says the “slave” must feed the “domestics,” the latter being in the plural. How was this done? Before his ascension into heaven Jesus emphasized to Peter such a feeding service three times: “Feed my young lambs. . . . Shepherd my little sheep. . . . Feed my little sheep.” (John 21:15-17) The sheep in Peter’s day were those of the “little flock” of anointed Christians who were eventually to number 144,000. (Luke 12:32)

Here, then, we have the “domestics” or individuals who were faithfully fed by the congregation or slavelike organization through its overseers. Many years later Peter reminds the overseers that they must “shepherd the flock of God.”—1 Pet. 5:2.

14 Down through the years the slavelike congregation has been feeding its true members faithfully and discreetly. From Pentecost, A.D. 33, up to this very present hour this has been lovingly and carefully performed. Yes, and these “domestics” have been fed on progressive spiritual food that keeps them abreast of the “bright light that is getting lighter and lighter until the day is firmly established.” (Prov. 4:18) All this has proved to be “food at the proper time,” as stated by Jesus...."

(...)

Um what is this teaching?  The" sheep" are the 'anointed' aka "faithful slave"? The 'slave' is a group down through the centuries  of anointed who have 'fed' 'spiritually'  the domestics who at first were also the  "anointed" "sheep" while simutaneusly being the "domestics"  of the 1st century and later  who fed  the Catholic church, the Paulicans, the Waldenes, the Christadelphians, the Bible students? 

Who realiy were the "fds" down through the centuries what did they believe and teach...why doesnt the so called present "fds" know and teach who these faithful servants were?

OR is this likely  just another botchtower'overlapping'  misinterpretation, doc'trinal falsehood authored by WTS's personal  'spirit angel of new  light'?

In the vindication of the truth
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 09, 2012 - 10:18AM #125
marken

Jun 9, 2012 -- 12:07AM, Presentsiimpletense wrote:

I don't know of any 'Christians' that serve any Christ other than Jesus....The WTS is the only corporation whos 'governing body' deny Christ mediatorship from everyone except those the gb say are "anointed".   

Open your  eyes,  and  you  might  see 'Christians' who  follow  other  Christs  than  Jesus.  A prime  example  would  be  ones  like  those  who  Heiled  Hitler  in  the  last  world  war!!  A more modern  one is  Rwanda.  Both  nations  full  of  so  called  Christians  who  slaughtered  others  claiming  to  be  Christian.  We have  persons  in  our  nation  who  are  looking  to  false  Christ's  for  protection.  Money  being  a  very  big  one.  I see our  national  leaders  throwing  Canada's future  away  in  order  to protect  big  business.  What  they  are  destroying,  it  will  take  the  leadership  of  Jesus, my  Christ,  to restore. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 09, 2012 - 10:21AM #126
cherubino

Jun 9, 2012 -- 10:18AM, marken wrote:

Jun 9, 2012 -- 12:07AM, Presentsiimpletense wrote:

Open your  eyes,  and  you  might  see 'Christians' who  follow  other  Christs  than  Jesus.  A prime  example  would  be  ones  like  those  who  Heiled  Hitler  in  the  last  world  war!!  A more modern  one is  Rwanda.  Both  nations  full  of  so  called  Christians  who  slaughtered  others  claiming  to  be  Christian.  We have  persons  in  our  nation  who  are  looking  to  false  Christ's  for  protection.  Money  being  a  very  big  one.  I see our  national  leaders  throwing  Canada's future  away  in  order  to protect  big  business.  What  they  are  destroying,  it  will  take  the  leadership  of  Jesus, my  Christ,  to restore. 

That's what they all say.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 09, 2012 - 10:38AM #127
Oeste

Agreed Marken! I always hear of those that would like to lead us away from those who's only purpose is help. A group of people that uses the bible in EVERYTHING they teach.

Lot's of people have used the bible for their own profit, MrJ.  Every Christian church claims to use the bible as the basis of their support. How is the claim of the WT different from any other?

A group of people that are so peaceful that they would rather face death than take other life in war.

Two sides to every coin.

Not only have Christians died rather than take another life, they have also died protecting other lives. Like other Christians, Jehovah Witnesses do the former, but are rather averse to the latter.

A group of people that believe in a loving God that wants nothing but the best for us. A group of people that have devoted their lives to bring us truth.

They've brought you THEIR truths MrJ. Not Jehovah's truths. There's an infinite amount of distance between the two.

For Jehovah's truths all you need is a bible. For FDS truths you need a myriad of Watchtower produced publications.

The mere fact that they have to change their "truths" tells you they were never Jehovah truths to begin with. Yet you keep following these self anointed men to your own detriment. Worse yet, you encourage others to do the same, and  eagerly cover over there falsehoods so that others might not see them for what they were: falsehoods.

What other purpose would they have?

I suspect fame and power. The FDS are your rock stars. I've seen what happens when somebody visits from Brooklyn.  It's like the local congregation can't prostrate itself enough. Oh...and let's make sure we keep our field numbers up while they're around!

Are the Faithful and discreet slave here to mislead us into believing that Jehovah is so cruel that He would burn people forever for only 75 years of sin?

Are you serious? Let me ask you something...are we to believe that Jehovah is so cruel as to demand we let our loved ones bleed out on an operating table rather than receive blood? That Jehovah is so cruel that he demands sacrifice over mercy?

We are not "mind controlled".

Hasn't Marken proven this for you with her posts?

Let's pretend there were millions of people under mind control, what would they do with millions of "mind controlled" people?

Why control them of course! That's the whole  point of power and fame.

"Fame and power are the objects of all men. Even their partial fruition is gained by very few; and that, too, at the expense of social pleasure, health, conscience, life". ( Benjamin Disraeli)

To bring more people under works-based,  heavy yoke of the Watchtower. As for me, I prefer Jesus.

"For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."(Mat 11:30)

Matthew 4:4 "But in reply he said: “It is written, ‘Man must live, not on bread alone, but on every utterance coming forth through Jehovah’s mouth"

If only this were true for you! How much more free you would be! But it's not every utterance of Jehovah for you...it's every utterance of the Watchtower. Marken has already stated she waits for Jehovah to channel truths to the FDS, so that the FDS can tell her what God wants her to do. So for you, the utterance of Jehovah and the utterances of the Watchtower are the same.

It's a form of mind control.

If the Witnesses were trying to lead people to destruction, don't you think more people would be following us?

Why do you think more people would follow you if you're trying to lead them to destruction? Do you believe people have a secret desire to self-destruct?

Never argue with stupid people. They will drag
you down to their level and then beat you with
experience ~ Mark Twain

If you are neutral on situations of injustice
you have chosen the side of the oppressor ~
Desmond Tutu
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 09, 2012 - 12:51PM #128
marken

If any person is  interested in truth  rather  than lies, please  read  the  portion of the 2012 yearbook of  Jehovah's  Witnesses on  Rwanda.  there  you  will  read  of  many  witnesses  loosing  their  own lives  protecting  the  lives  of their  fellow  man, not  even  always  other  witnesses.  Also,  there  are  accounts  of  persons  who  were  not  witnesses  putting  their  own  lives  on  the line  to  save  our  brothers. 

I am  certainly not  saying  that  there  were  never  any  who  called  themselves  Christians  who  have  not  given  up  their  lives  to  save  the  lives  of  others.  I  am  sure  there  have  been  many  who  did  so,  and  I  am just as  certain  that  Jesus  will  put  this  on  their  plus  side  when judging  whether  to  resurrect  them.   He  is  the one  that  said  that  it  is  the  sign  of  the  greatest  love  that  a  human can  demonstrate. 

with affection  from Marken

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 09, 2012 - 1:10PM #129
Kemmer

I am  certainly not  saying  that  there  were  never  any  who  called  themselves  Christians  who  have  not  given  up  their  lives  to  save  the  lives  of  others.  I  am  sure  there  have  been  many  who  did  so,  and  I  am just as  certain  that  Jesus  will  put  this  on  their  plus  side  when judging  whether  to  resurrect  them.

Nevertheless, at "Armageddon" because they are not JWs they're dogmeat anyway because that's the rule.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 09, 2012 - 2:00PM #130
woodzz

Jun 9, 2012 -- 12:51PM, marken wrote:

If any person is  interested in truth  rather  than lies, please  read  the  portion of the 2012 yearbook of  Jehovah's  Witnesses on  Rwanda.  there  you  will  read  of  many  witnesses  loosing  their  own lives  protecting  the  lives  of their  fellow  man, not  even  always  other  witnesses.  Also,  there  are  accounts  of  persons  who  were  not  witnesses  putting  their  own  lives  on  the line  to  save  our  brothers. 

I am  certainly not  saying  that  there  were  never  any  who  called  themselves  Christians  who  have  not  given  up  their  lives  to  save  the  lives  of  others.  I  am  sure  there  have  been  many  who  did  so,  and  I  am just as  certain  that  Jesus  will  put  this  on  their  plus  side  when judging  whether  to  resurrect  them.   He  is  the one  that  said  that  it  is  the  sign  of  the  greatest  love  that  a  human can  demonstrate. 

with affection  from Marken

Marken,

Your yearbook didn't mention it, but had you heard about the increase in the Muslim religion for their role in protecting Rwandans from being killed?

www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A...

Now, back to who your final authority is, it seems to be a given with you that you aren't going to disagree with your anointed class (the FDS represents them) even in your thoughts.  Does that not tell you about their mind control tactics?  I mean, where ARE your thoughts if not in your MIND?  And they tell you not to harbor thoughts that disagree with their teachings, whatever they happen to be at present.  Isn't that why you didn't see the truth about the generation back in 1995, you were following their wrong teachings.

Also, you indicated that your belief is that Jesus is leading your anointed class (FDS) so you feel obliged to follow them.  This is the "Christ" (anointed) you're following and using as your final authority.  I don't think you disagree with that conclusion, right?

Was he leading them in the years leading up to and thru 1914?  We would expect them to be publishing the truth all that time, wouldn't we?  Weren't their teachings supposed to be the right sort of food that the servant was to be serving in order to be found faithful by the returning Master?  I urge you to review those teachings and put them to the Berean test, if you truly believe Acts 17:11.  If it's really the truth, you have nothing to fear in doing such a test to see if those teachings will stand up in the light of scriptures, the way the Bereans did.

Woodzz

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 13 of 20  •  Prev 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 20 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook