Page 12 of 12  •  Prev 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12
Switch to Forum Live View How are these scriptures suppose to portray a loving God?
2 years ago  ::  Jun 29, 2012 - 12:58AM #111
Ed_3

Jun 21, 2012 -- 2:33AM, Ed_3 wrote:

Well, I guess we can say the discussion in this thread concerning Genesis 18 and 19 is over with and that with Newtonian's inaccurate interpretation of Genesis 19:14, and with the Watchtower's inaccurate explanation about Lot's sons-in-law(especially in view of what Judges 19:22-29 says), apparently, Jesus has not fed the Watchtower Society the proper food concerning this yet.

And BTW, I find it interesting how apparently, the city of Zoar was wicked enough to qualify for destruction along with Sodom and Gomorrah and all the other cities about them...however, Jehovah spared that city simply because Lot said that he was too scared to escape to the mountainous region...even though he allowed Lot's two sons-in-law to be destroyed in Sodom.

Genesis 19:18-21(emphasis mine)

18 Then Lot said to them: “Not that, please, Jehovah! 19 Please, now, your servant has found favor in your eyes so that you are magnifying your loving-kindness, which you have exercised with me to preserve my soul alive, but I—I am not able to escape to the mountainous region for fear calamity may keep close to me and I certainly die. 20 Please, now, this city is nearby to flee there and it is a small thing. May I, please, escape there—is it not a small thing?—and my soul will live on.” 21 So he said to him: “Here I do show you consideration to this extent also, by my not overthrowing the city of which you have spoken. 22 Hurry! Escape there, because I am not able to do a thing until your arriving there!” That is why he called the name of the city Zo´ar.

I wanted to bump this up in case my post #100 had been overlooked.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 12 of 12  •  Prev 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook