Page 2 of 3  •  Prev 1 2 3 Next
2 years ago  ::  May 21, 2012 - 10:41PM #11
mountain_man

May 21, 2012 -- 10:15PM, steven_guy wrote:

Bigotry?

Could be. Bigotry is almost always a bedfellow to arrogance and ignorance.

Dave - Just a Man in the Mountains.

I am a Humanist. I believe in a rational philosophy of life, informed by science, inspired by art, and motivated by a desire to do good for its own sake and not by an expectation of a reward or fear of punishment in an afterlife.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 22, 2012 - 7:08PM #12
Ken

May 22, 2012 -- 4:44PM, Aka_me wrote:

May 21, 2012 -- 9:15PM, mountain_man wrote:

May 21, 2012 -- 1:22AM, Aka_me wrote:

guess they didn't have enough members to keep a website running.....

I find it interesting that you have to make up an untruth about the website. If you knew it was no longer up you would have seen this; "We are unable to continue funding development to overcome some technical issues with our database resulting in unreliable data..." It had nothing to do with not enough members, so why did you purposely make up something you knew was not true?

they didn't have enough members willing to put their money where their mouth is.

They don't have ANY members. They do not solicit members. They are not a membership site. How many times do you have to be told that before you get it through your skull?

Allow me to remind you once again - patience is not infinite. You are required to be more intelligent, perceptive, and nice than you currently are.

Moderated by Merope on May 22, 2012 - 11:49PM
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 22, 2012 - 7:46PM #13
steven_guy

May 22, 2012 -- 7:23PM, Aka_me wrote:

May 22, 2012 -- 7:08PM, Ken wrote:

They don't have ANY members. They do not solicit members. They are not a membership site. How many times do you have to be told that before you get it through your skull?

Allow me to remind you once again - patience is not infinite. You are required to be more intelligent, perceptive, and nice than you currently are.

"they" being the census running people... HAD 6 thousand plus people willing to identify as being atheist who were capable of contributing more than a mere mouse click.

"they" being the AAI who partnered with the census and could have advertised it to their global membership, do in fact have a membership but don't seem able to communicate what the figures are.

just a haphazard endeavor which failed is all.

What is up your arse? I posted this here for any atheist who felt like participating. Maybe the idea was somewhat flawed but who cares? 

Moderated by Merope on May 22, 2012 - 11:51PM
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 22, 2012 - 8:17PM #14
Ken

May 22, 2012 -- 7:08PM, Ken wrote:

"they" being the census running people... HAD 6 thousand plus people willing to identify as being atheist who were capable of contributing more than a mere mouse click.

None of those six thousand people were members. Since when do people pay for participating in a census?

"they" being the AAI who partnered with the census and could have advertised it to their global membership, do in fact have a membership but don't seem able to communicate what the figures are.

I have never met a member of AAI. I am not a member myself. WHO CARES?

Moderated by Merope on May 22, 2012 - 11:52PM
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 22, 2012 - 10:12PM #15
mountain_man

they didn't have enough members willing to put their money where their mouth is......

Do you really believe it helps your credibility, which is at zero anyway, to continue to support this lie?

I am a Humanist. I believe in a rational philosophy of life, informed by science, inspired by art, and motivated by a desire to do good for its own sake and not by an expectation of a reward or fear of punishment in an afterlife.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 29, 2012 - 11:08AM #16
mountain_man

It's been seven days and you have not answered my question?

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 29, 2012 - 11:48AM #17
mountain_man

May 29, 2012 -- 11:18AM, Aka_me wrote:

May 22, 2012 -- 10:12PM, mountain_man wrote:

they didn't have enough members willing to put their money where their mouth is......

Do you really believe it helps your credibility, which is at zero anyway, to continue to support this lie?

lie - noun: a false statement made with deliberate intent to deceive...

Yes, that is what you did. I'm asking why.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 29, 2012 - 3:30PM #18
Ken

May 29, 2012 -- 12:03PM, Aka_me wrote:

you haven't established "false statement" or "intent to decieve".

it's a true statement... they would still be in operation if they had more members willing to put their money where their mouth is.

where's the deception in that I fully believe that.

They couldn't have had more members willing to donate money because they did not have any members at all. It was not a membership website.

Now shut up about it. You're a Level 6 member. I'm a Level 7. I outrank you.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 29, 2012 - 5:57PM #19
mountain_man

May 29, 2012 -- 12:03PM, Aka_me wrote:

you haven't established "false statement" or "intent to decieve[sic]".

I have. I have proven your statements about the website to be false with an intent to deceive. You still have not answered the question as to why.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 29, 2012 - 6:47PM #20
steven_guy

May 29, 2012 -- 6:28PM, Aka_me wrote:

out the 6K or so people who voted

AND out of Atheist Alliance International's total membership to whom this project had been promoted...

the vast majority of the combined groups were too apathetic to help the project succeed, that's not an opinion or a lie... it's REALITY by the very fact that the project is dead.

Why do you care? What is YOUR interest in atheism? Why do you come to this forum?

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 3  •  Prev 1 2 3 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook