2 years ago  ::  May 08, 2012 - 1:32PM #1
Aka_me

removed from the "exclusivity" thread...

1. does God want humans to value truth, honesty, and virtues?

2. should God also live by the same truth, honesty, and virtues which He expects from His children?

when Brigham Young was spouting his mouth off about "vengence is mine and I have taken a little" after the massacre of innocent men women and children...

3. doesn't it make God an accessory in that "lying by omission" to sit back and let Brigham Young put LIES in God's mouth?

when Brigham Young blames Native Americans because it was actually pre-meditated murder by local church leaders invoking the name of God upon the trigger pullers...

4. does God have ANY responsibility for protecting the reputation of His church?

5. does God have any obligation to speak up setting the record straight when His Name is envoked for the purposes of cold blooded murder?

6. why shouldn't (or can't) God get around to telling the church to apologize to Native Americans for blaming them in the Mountain Meadows Massacre?

Tony Hayward got fired for innept handling of the oil spill, yet his attempt at damage control FAR AND AWAY a better handling than what God did for the protection of His institution's reputation.

God didn't so much as... open... His... mouth!

internet troll... anyone who won't stop posting about bad spelling.
the government KILLS and EXPERIMENTS and TORTURES people, without ever apologizing, being held accountable or punished. and you expect me to believe they've automagically grown a conscience to not continue? like bloody hades they have.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 08, 2012 - 7:03PM #2
Kemmer

(From the link) 

.... A bronze marker was placed at the grave site June 10, 1938, by members of the Young Men and Young Women organizations, which he founded.[29]...

So Brigham founded youth groups named after himself. 

Moderated by Merope on May 09, 2012 - 11:08PM
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 08, 2012 - 10:13PM #3
Ironhold

May 8, 2012 -- 7:03PM, Kemmer wrote:

(From the link) 

.... A bronze marker was placed at the grave site June 10, 1938, by members of the Young Men and Young Women organizations, which he founded.[29]...

So Brigham founded youth groups named after himself. 

No, he never named the groups after himself.

They're offshoots of the Sunday School programs for youth 12 - 18.

Moderated by Merope on May 09, 2012 - 11:09PM
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 31, 2012 - 1:15PM #4
Aka_me

1. does God want humans to value truth, honesty, and virtues?

2. should God also live by the same truth, honesty, and virtues which He expects from His children?

3. doesn't it make God an accessory in that "lying by omission" to sit back and let Brigham Young put LIES in God's mouth?

4. does God have ANY responsibility for protecting the reputation of His church to open His mouth before MMM and say "remain calm"?

5. does God have any obligation to speak up setting the record straight when His Name was invoked for the purposes of cold blooded murder?

6. why shouldn't (or can't) God get around to telling the church to apologize to Native Americans for blaming them in the Mountain Meadows Massacre?

7. when all the valuables collected off the dead bodies of the Mountain Meadows Massacre victims end up in the church tithing office, wouldn't God have some, even a tiny bit of obligation to not accept blood money?

8. doesn't this set a precedent for LDS to model themselves after God by accepting blood money, and remaining silent after witnessing a massacre?

just give each number no more than 30 seconds of time to answer, and finishing in 5 minutes would be quite possible.

internet troll... anyone who won't stop posting about bad spelling.
the government KILLS and EXPERIMENTS and TORTURES people, without ever apologizing, being held accountable or punished. and you expect me to believe they've automagically grown a conscience to not continue? like bloody hades they have.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 31, 2012 - 5:24PM #5
Ironhold

May 31, 2012 -- 1:15PM, Aka_me wrote:

[same old trolling]

Let it go, dude.

Anyone with a shred of real understanding concerning just what took place knows that you're barking up the wrong tree there.

Young actually did offer to help the government conduct an investigation in 1859, but the Buchanan Administration opted to let the matter slide than risk further embarrassment.

And since Young no longer had any legal authority (he gave up the governorship as part of the peace settlement), there was nothing he could do to conduct an investigation on his own.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 04, 2012 - 1:51AM #6
Habala?!

May 31, 2012 -- 5:24PM, Ironhold wrote:

[same old trolling]

If you like I could actually program something to make your predictable responses for you. Then you might fictitiously read 20 books in a week instead of eight.

"When you walk, you might like to take the hand of a child. She will receive your concentration and stability, and you will receive her freshness and innocence." -Tich Naht Hanh
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook