Page 1 of 5  •  1 2 3 4 5 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Do demons get out of hell in the end?
2 years ago  ::  May 07, 2012 - 2:08AM #1
AstralProjectee

I've been doing a lot of thinking. What about Demons. Do demons get out of hell in the end? Please explain.

Peace!

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 07, 2012 - 4:31PM #2
RevDorris

You would have to believe in Demons and Hell to condemn them to an eternal pit.  A Universalist will believe in Universal salvation for all souls.  Sorry no demons or hell.

With love,

Rev Dorris
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 08, 2012 - 7:25AM #3
Iwantamotto

In Job, Satan is free to hang out in Heaven for cosmic inservice meetings.  As Satan never really does anything the biblical writers (especially in the NT) accuse him of doing (note the Father of Lies never really actually LIES about anything, merely exploiting the listener's own Freudian issues), I sometimes wonder if Satan and his supposed cohorts are actually in hell.  At least, it's not a punishment to send the guy who likes to torture humanity to a room where he gets to do that for an eternity, now is it?

I get a kick out of the demons in the Buffyverse, where they are just a type of creature and some can actually be good and heroic.  It asks the audience not to judge a book by its cover, and the idea of heroic demons is highly amusing and worth some spiritual meditation over.  What if demons aren't fallen, and just became ugly when they were ostracized by ignorant bigots throughout the cosmos?  Or perhaps they were ugly when created and people just assumed they were evil.  Or watch Constantine, where Keanu threatens a demon with the final rites.  I mean, if you are kind and forgiving to a demon, what then?  If a demon comes and asks you for some water, 'cause already your state is going over the usual temperature in Hell, would you give it to him?  :)

For me, I've decided to take the "do good to the least of these" speech by Jesus to the logical extreme and not be against being nice to the "bad guys" (well, I'd call 911 for someone like my father, if I had to, but Satan and his minions aren't as evil as him :P).

Knock and the door shall open.  It's not my fault if you don't like the decor.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 08, 2012 - 9:27AM #4
Eliascomes

May 7, 2012 -- 2:08AM, AstralProjectee wrote:

I've been doing a lot of thinking. What about Demons. Do demons get out of hell in the end? Please explain.

Peace!

Demon are spirits that dwells among us also; They encourage us to offend God so that they can possess the soul. Whom ever that they can possessed to the end, they can keep.

youtu.be/kiL4ClvshN0

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 08, 2012 - 10:49AM #5
lope

Peace!

Hell is eternal death.  I don't believe in demons or evil spirits but if they do exist the do not appear to ever be reborn to life.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 08, 2012 - 10:54AM #6
dsfin

Isaiah 24:21-22 says the deamons and the Kings of the earth will be locked up and punished in a pit.

Revelation 20:7 says Satan will be released after 1000 years and will cause Armagedon to begin.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 08, 2012 - 10:57AM #7
lope

May 8, 2012 -- 10:54AM, dsfin wrote:

Isaiah 24:21-22 says the deamons and the Kings of the earth will be locked up and punished in a pit.

Revelation 20:7 says Satan will be released after 1000 years and will cause Armagedon to begin.

Revelation also says they will all be thrown into the lake of fire which is the second death.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 08, 2012 - 1:34PM #8
mainecaptain

Peace!

I find it bizarre that someone calling themselves Astral projectee would believe in demons in the first place, or a hell.

A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side. Aristotle
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow. Plato..
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives" Jackie Robinson
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 08, 2012 - 2:43PM #9
Seefan

I've been doing a lot of thinking. What about Demons. Do demons get out of hell in the end? Please explain. Peace!

Food for thought .......

It seems apparent most have their own understanding of demons and hell so I'll offer mine!  I believe there are two realms of existence for us here on earth - the spiritual and the material. As humans, that encompasses our dual nature. What survives this earthy life is the spiritual only – those positive parts of our character. Defects of character such as fear, anger, resentments, hostility, and the like, are the result of a lack of a spiritual understanding and spiritual growth and develop as a result of erroneously believing it is self preservation.  As such are non-existence entities when compared with spiritual qualities like love, compassion, humility, trustworthiness, and the like.  The former qualities are a lack of and have no existence on their own. 

In growing into a fully functioning human we can only achieve this growth through spiritual means.  When we vision or envision demons, the devil, Satan, and the like, all meaning the same, we are experiencing those negative qualities created by our lack of spiritual understanding and growth to a lesser or greater extent.   They are not real as explained above.  They do not travel to hell or heaven.  If anything they are hell in the sense that they make hell. 

So to answer your question the existence of hell is a state coming from the result of the lack or absence of spiritual values/qualities.  Would demons get out of hell in the end.  If they really don’t exist in the spiritual realm, how can that be?  If they are what creates hell again???

Today the one overriding need is unity and harmony among the beloved of the Lord, for they should have among them but one heart and soul and should, so far as in them lieth, unitedly withstand the hostility of all the peoples of the world ... (Baha'i Writings)
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 08, 2012 - 3:48PM #10
Seefan

May 8, 2012 -- 10:54AM, dsfin wrote:

Isaiah 24:21-22 says the deamons and the Kings of the earth will be locked up and punished in a pit.

To me this means that whether common man or the rulers of the earth, if humanity does not follow the spiritual path they will not grow in understanding but remain in the pit of ignorance and developing evil.  Rather then growing spiritually, simply put, we will not be growing spiritually. Humanity will becoming less then their spiritual potential causing a dissatisfied life or far worse until mankind follows the teachings of God ...

I believe this to be a little different but similar!  Rev 7 refers to the state of affairs of humanity during the time of the end and beyond. It talks about the rise and fall of Islam and with the declining spiritual conditions of society we find ourselves in even today ...

The reference of 1000 years in rev is taking about the duration of time God sets aside for revelation introduced by the Manifestation of God at the beginning of each new age in human spiritual development.  A 1000 years is the ‘day’ they are allotted depending upon the revelation!  At the end of each cycle there are things about the new which are not contained in the old.  Therefore, for the most part, we do not recognize the current Messenger and as a result fall into the pit of ignorance and ensuing evil.  This lack of understanding causes conditions within the individual as well as within society at large to become stagnated!  What I’m trying to say is that the promised "Comforter" has come as promised and for the most part society has not recognized, and spiritually, humanity has not advanced at the rate it should!  Because of the spiritual forces released through this new revelation it has thrown the world into a dizzy not knowing why.  I believe as a direct consequence, the physical manifestation of Armageddon began with WW1 and it intensifies ... 

Today the one overriding need is unity and harmony among the beloved of the Lord, for they should have among them but one heart and soul and should, so far as in them lieth, unitedly withstand the hostility of all the peoples of the world ... (Baha'i Writings)
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 5  •  1 2 3 4 5 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook